Detroit @ Sacramento... November 8th

Discussion in 'November 2005 Games' started by mercury, Oct 2, 2005.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Detroit 3-0 Sacramento 1-2

November 8th
    10:00pm EST

at Arco Arena

FSN Detroit -- NBATV -- WDFN-AM 1130

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Injury Report

Lindsey Hunter G Out Nov 5 ankle Out indefinitely

Francisco Garcia G/F Out Nov 6 ankle Day-to-day
    Sacramento will be playing their first home game at Arco arena this year. The Pistons have not won their in the last 8 meetings. The Kings are coming off a 118-117 victory in Phoenix. Four of their starters have played in the all-star game. All prolific scorers.
    Players added: Bonzi Wells, Jason Hart, Sareef Abdul Rahim, Fransisco Garcia.
    This is not an athletic team with very little defensive presence (no player averages 1 blk p/game).
    On offense they like to use Bibby in high Pick & rolls with various players. They utilize a lot of off the ball movement with back screens.
    Miller is capable of drawing our bigs outside freeing up the cutting lanes.
    Peja loves to shoot the trey over his opponent. This will be more difficult with Prince providing the perimiter defense.
    Rahim likes to face the basket and use his spin moves and hook shots.
    Bonzi likes to back lighter SG's down and use his turn around jumper... he has a history of lighting up the Pistons.
    The Pistons should be able to use their size and quickness to get inside often.
    Corliss has only played 6 minutes without scoring a point.

Comments on this game?
  2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Reserved for admin additions
  3. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Opening night at Arco, the loudest arena in the NBA. This is going to be a big test.
  4. himat

himat Bench Warmer

we still have the best fans.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Kings

They still have a pretty solid starting 5. And Stoyakovich had a huge last game.
  6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

they won't look that good after we're done with them. I want to see us play maurice he probably wants to play more than usual.
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'd say they are in the top 5 for the best starting unit.

Don't forget Bonzi. He's a Pistons killer.
  8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i don't know why i like these really late games, but i do.
  9. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Sacto

We've always had a hard time with Sacramento. We're gonna have problems with Wells, Bibby. Not worried about Reef with Sheed and Miller with Ben and Peja with Tay, so much coz they can play good defense the last time I checked. But hopefully they don't go off.

Wells concerns me coz Rip might not be able to guard him. Chauncey and Bibby are about even.

I say Let Mo Loose!

Anybody who gets traded from any team always wants to get some measure of revenge and he could get this game for us.

I'm optimistic we can win this one.

GO DETROIT! :nod:
  10. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Merc, its time to update your player photos!
  11. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Minutes and Points For The Bench Tonight

Will Flipper give many minutes tonight to anyone past the first six and maybe Arroyo?

Will the bench other than maybe Dyess be able to produce 10 points tonight in total?

I expect Mo to be fired up tonight. Hopefully he will get the minutes to pour in few including a couple of long ones.

Stay tuned
  12. iamme

iamme First Round Draft Pick

it'll be interesting to see how Mo wants to show his game to the Kings. it's been too long between games!
  13. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Pistons will rotate 8 plus Darko will get 3-4 minutes. Delfino will sit it out unless they open up a big lead.
    or...
    what about darko on Peja? Mo on Bonzi?
  14. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Good test tonight

Yes, it will be a good test in many ways tonight. We always seem to have trouble with Sac; long trip and time change out there; west is usually tough on us (until year before last).

But we took one of the players who gave us a lot of trouble, away from them. Evans played us very tough. I would like to see him return the favor.

Yes, I would like to see Darko on Peja. I would like to see him on anybody and for sure, I would like to see him make some use of his offensive talents; maybe earn a few more minutes.

I think the Pistons will make it worthwhile staying up later for the game, though. We will pass the test, tonight.
  15. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I think it helps that they got out there early and had a practice yesterday... jet lag should not be an excuse.
    I've seen the Kings play 3 times already... man they are really slow footed on defense.... I hope we use a lot of motion.

Yeah the Bonzi matchup is kind of a concern... maybe Rip can run him to the ground... give him a case of Bonzi wobble legs:crutch:

Tayshaun should use his handles and go to the rack early & often... once we get Miller in foul trouble they're sunk inside.
  16. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

Flip Flops

Anybody up for switching up CB and Rip, and putting Billups on Wells (CB's strength would be useful on Bonzi in the paint) and Hamilton on Bibby (he seems to do a better job on quicker points and his length could interfere with some of Bibby's passing lanes).
  17. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I know what you mean, himat, to me it's almost like only the more devoted fans are going to stay up later watching, and so I feel like I'm in a more elite group. It's a fun ego trip. :)
  18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Some of us gotta work at 6:30 am. These midweek late games are a killer. Mind you, I loved living on the left coast. You could watch the early games and still go to a movie...
  19. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Road Trip

This should be a very telling road trip. Saunders has talked often about the need to be deep, make use of the bench. Will Flipper walk the walk. In our only road game (albeit a close one) he cut the bench PT significantly, looking much like his predecessor. Dare I say he showed a WIN-NOW mentality in playing several starters 40+ minutes. Warms the heart doesn’t it, but I digress. Will he trust the second unit this time??
  20. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree. Its still early, but I haven't been impressed with his lack of minutes for our bench. Maybe he wanted to get comfortable (and whats more comfortable than a 3-0 start) before he started giving the bench heavy minutes.

Its a new system for most and maybe he wanted to get the starters comfortable before getting the bench going. Lets face it, our bench isn't terribly experienced. Maybe this is the best approach. Just as long as this isn't a pattern, but an exception to the norm.