Detroit vs. New York - Fri. Dec 2nd 2005

Discussion in 'December 2005 Games' started by roscoe36, Oct 2, 2005.

1. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Very appropriate

That is a great analogy of Darko. :laugh:
  2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Abe, I certainly did not say the starters did not do bad.

They lost 9 points of the lead, going from 14 up to just 5 up. But the same starters also did fantastic the first half or the 3rd quarter.

But what I am talking about is the bench. People want to make the general statement that our bench is doing pporly. I am trying to point out that our bench has been gaining a point per minute over the past two games as long as Evans is not in the game.

Your reporting of events is not all that. Yes, we started in that 1st quarter up 3. We went up 5 for a moment. But before Dyess came in, Evans was negative. And he was further negative when in with just Dyess. And further negative still when in with Arrroyo and Darko added to that. And another negative 5 in the 2nd half, where Darko never played. Darko was minus 4 for the game. Evans was minus 14.

The point guards turning the ball over is the immediate problem. But why were they turning the ball over? The way its suppose to work, is that a 2nd player is suppose to be supporting you bringing the ball up the floor. Watch a tape. You will see that Evans was nowhere to be seen as our points brought the ball up the floor.

Contrast this with the previous game. In that one, we let Mo Evans handle the ball several times, and it was a disaster. So this time, they said heck, lets just leave Mo out of that and see how it works. Did not work. You need two guards bringing the ball up.

One more time. Keep an eye on this. You don't want to believe it is Evans that is the problem. If it is not, then surely we will not lose an average of 14 points per game while he is in game after game, right? Lets see.
  3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Lee356

Since you are particularly fond of "48 minute stats", please tell us what the 48 minute stats would look like for a guy (Darko)who played 5 minutes with the following stat line:

FT: 0-2
    FG: 0-0
    Reb: 2
    TO: 2
    PF: 1

I know...I know.. he would have over 18 rebounds. Sign him up. Get this guy on the floor! Now! What in the heck are we waiting for?

Never mind that he would foul out in 30 minutes. Never mind that he would miss over 18 ft's without making even one. Never mind that he would give the ball to the other team almost 20 times. Let's just focus on the good stuff. He's a rebounding stud!

Let's just say "Darko didn't do much".

Evans 48 minute stats? Why bother. It's his fault we lost, right? But just for fun...

in 12 minutes he was:

FG: 3-4

3pt 1-1

reb:1
    ast:1
    st:1
    to's: 0

total 7 points

Lemme see 48 minute stats = 28 points
    4 three pointers
    fg's 12-16
    ast, st, reb's: 4 each
    TO's= 0

Get that bum Evans outta here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. detteam

detteam All-Star

tater

Now just stop it! You're fogging up lee's goggles! :mad:

and he's gonna need them for tonight's game recap!
  5. Darth Tater

Do you mean the goggles with the rose colored lenses? :laugh:
  6. detteam

detteam All-Star

You know only the Darko side is rosy. The Evans side is opaque with a diagonal red slash thru it. :ohwell:
  7. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

lee

the starters blew the majority of that lead they were up 19 when he checked out they were up 14
    screw the 2nd quarter where he scored 7 points while he was in the game i guess the fact that he scored more than sheed meens zero
    the fault does not lie on him for the 4th read the play by play stats hell just the box score mo 0 turnovers ca 4 billups 6 rip 2 sheed 3 tay 1 darko 2 he had a good night the fact is that the rest of the bench chocked up when they were in the game look at the stats look at the play by play page i posted earlier he was not at fult for mistakeds others made.
    For the most part i have to listen to the majority of games (no fsn and no local) so beleive me i watched last night and i did not see mo give away the lead it was starters from 8 minutes on thats why it did not make sense either they got tired or they did not want to blow away lb but they were on the court again look at the play by play

http://scores.nba.com/games/20051202/NYKDET/PlayByPlayPrint.html
  8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

hi

Abe, I have watched the game 3 to 4 times now. Some stretches five times. I really don't need to look at a game log at this point. Sure Evans was just minus 5 in the 4th quarter. And minus 5 in the 1st quarter. Plus minus 4 in the 2nd quarter. Thats minus 14 for the game. And I know why. Pretty obvious. No ball handling from Evans. No movement without the ball. In other words, Evans was not helping any in the organization of the play for the Pistons. Don't listen to me if you don't want to. All I ask is that you continue to track this.
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Knicks finding out what works

Did anyone watch that game last night between the Knicks and the Sonics? Jamal Crawford had 31 points in the 2nd half!! And LB is not starting him. This is a guy with a career high of 50 points, who has not reached his prime, who comes off the bench!? It was a pretty ridiculous performance. 3's with a hand in his face. Great drives through traffic. A tough runner to his left through the lane under pressure. And he was playing OK D the whole time.

Also, Marbury made a clutch jumper at the end. It was the kind of shot that would have got him in some trouble with the coach if he missed it.
  10. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

yeah but crawford doesn't play the right way. thats why. he jacks up ill-advised shots, his only love is offense. when he's hot yeah he's hot, but when he's not...
    why doesn't Q get more minutes? doesn't play the right way.
    why do malik rose and antonio davis get all the minutes. they don't have much skill, but they play the right way. (read: larrys way)

the knicks don't have that bad a team, and if LB can get them to play together, look out. especially with Frye playing like a man. if they can get James to just earn a 10th of what he's making they'll be doing alright.
  11. himat

himat Bench Warmer

frye has been great on my fantasy team. the bench according to this one detnews article said they struggle because of flip's different rotations and they don't now what to expect, but they said they will do better when they get the hang of the variety of rotations. hope they get used to these rotations soon.
  12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The Knicks are starting to buy into Larry's system. You have to remember that a lot of these Knick players have questionable legacies. If a HOF coach screams at them, they've heard it from lesser coaches, but they know this one might have a clue how to make some noise in the Big Apple.

From what I have seen of the Knicks, Crawford has bettered his game as a defender. Jamal Crawford is a super cool dude, and yeah when he is hot, he's like a long Gilbert Arenas.

What LB is doing with Crawford is not too much different from what Carlisle did in his first year. When you have middle of the road talent, spread it across the lineup rather than clumping it into a great starting unit and a lousy bench. There aren't enough balls to go around for a backcourt of Starbury, Crawford and QRich (who is playing more 2 than 3, Ariza is eating up a lot of the minutes at the 3).

As a side note, if anyone listened to the Ben Wallace interview on WDFN Tuesday, he said that during the game when LB was yelling at his players, it brought back memories and at one point Wallace actually thought, "Is he talking to me?". Funny stuff. Love him or hate him, Larry is one hell of a character.
  13. Darth Tater

lol. I heard there was a yellow puddle in between the home & visitors bench and nobody was sure whether to point the finger of blame at Larry or Darko. :laugh: