Detroit vs. New York - Thurs. Jan 19th 2006

Discussion in 'January 2006 Games' started by roscoe36, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Caliban

Caliban First Round Draft Pick

Of course it was Thompson and not Silas, and Thompson and Barkley are undoubtedly more qualified to assess Darko's potential than guys like Billups, Sheed, and Dyse (Did you all see their reactions to Darko's maneuvers tonight?) who obviously don't have the opportunity to know Darko's game as well as the two :wacko: :wacko: inflated basketball heads.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'd think that a legendary big man Coach like Thompson has more insight than Chauncey Billups. Last time I checked, CB doesn't coach, recruit or develop talent.
  3. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

But thompson has probably seen a considerable amount less than even us. Chauncey sees him play for every single day for hours at a time.
  4. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

This time the starters showed no mercy with Larry. Last time, they didn't want to bury his team in Detroit our of respect for the past. Those 3's were in his face so to speak. Sheed can 3-ball with the best of them. What an asset! Chauncey has been off for a while on his shooting. Delfino is going to be really good. I wish he had an added year of experience for our playoff run. Wow, the Pistons are really shopping Darko. The feeling is that he won't get playing time apparantly. I am ok with it either way. I do believe Darko will make a good player but he will need 10-12 minutes a game for two years to really be playoff ready. Let's see what happens.
  5. max

max All-Star

CB's opinion could be biased toward increasing Darko's trade value.

Personally I did not think Darko played that great. His defense was non-existant. More to defense than shot blocking.

Whats up with Maxiel at the free-throw line? Guess he is taking the next Ben Wallace persona to the extreme.
  6. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

When did the talking heads suddenly get so intelligent? I thought we trusted the Piston players more than outsiders who have their own axes to grind. If Sheed and Chauncey say one thing and those people who we usually despise say something else, who do we believe :confused: ??

Oh! Oh! I know :laugh: :laugh: !!
  7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

----------------------------------------------------------------------
  8. Matias

Matias Second Round Draft Pick

Hi everybody. New here. From Argentina.
    It seems like Delfino is doing a good job after last season´s fiasco.
    I know he has the skills, but I questioned his head.
    Now I´m happy for him, as well as my countrymen.
    The Pistons will take that trophy back this year.
    Pistons-Spurs rematch? wow. Have a nice weekend.
  9. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Darko's D was fine, and he did have a pretty good game. Jmax looked lost on D. Darko had to come over to help him out 3 times after Curry lost JMax off the dribble.

JT's opinion means less than zero. LB can't judge talent, and he's one of the best coach's in the league. Anyone remember LB putting in a guy who's currently struggling on a Phillipine pick up team over a guy who may be an allstar this year?

JT has probably never seen Darko play enough to make an intelligent opinon on his ability, but if LB didn't like him, well, that's good enough for him, Darko must stink. And Barkley isn't disagreeing with JT, remember when Barkley said Yao would be a bust?
  10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

chauncey was only 1-7, but he still lead the team into battle he finished with 13 assists.
  11. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Insight...insight on the Darko situation?? Oh give me a break. John Thompson, is nothing but a marble mouth blowhard and this is probably the first time that John Thompson has ever even seen Darko play. And who cares who he has coached. What does who he's coached, have to do with the fact that he's probably never even seen Darko before and probably couldn't pick him out of a lineup?

Before he goes and forms an opinion on a player that he knows absolutely nothing about. He first needs to learn how to speak the damn language or wake up, for God sakes. I don't think I've ever heard him say one intelligent thing in my life. And what he said last night exactly was:

That's it. He gave no insight as to what he himself has seen of Darko's play (which undoubtedly is little to none). He based his comment simply on the fact that Darko isn't playing. So like a light weight, weak minded person. He just simply figures if he could play they would play him. That's just simply lazy thinking on his part (which I of course expect from a guy that looks like he's sleeping all the time).

He makes no comment, of course assuming he's even aware of the fact (I do have my doubts), that Darko has never even been given a chance to play consistent minutes since he's been here, let alone play at all. Or the fact that he's playing behind our three All-Stars. Heck, even Barkley pointed that fact out. But no, all Thompson could say was "if he could play, he would be playing."

If you want to take the opinion of a guy that can't even form his own opinion based on facts, things he saw, or anything at all pertaining to the situation, than go right ahead.

Myself, I'll keep on praying he never does any Pistons telecasts in the future. If I want to listen to someone chew on a microphone for 2 1/2 hours, I'll turn on DFN and listen to Mahorn.
  12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Geez, Zo tell me how you really feel. Don't hold back! :eyebrows:
  13. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

john thompson

maybe john thompson hasn't seen the way darko posterized his boy alonzo. then in another game punked dikembe and then blocked hook shot. it's weird that his opinion would be that darko can't play especially based on how well he's done against georgetown centers.

it's clear to me john thompson is forming his opinion based on the fact darko isn't playing. he also formed his opinion without looking at all the facts. namely 4 former all stars he's battling with for minutes. he also overlooked the fact that we have been on championship runs since he came into the league no real time to throw a guy into the game just to see how it goes. also in the nba there ain't as much practice as he thinks.
  14. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Despite the fact that Darko's performance was nothing to write home about to the bashers, does anyone think it at least earned him a few minutes in the second quarter next game . . . . or the game after that . . . . or the game after that :frusty: ???

They need him in there if only to get JMax enough free throw attempts to finally get a point :eyebrows: !!!

Just kidding, guys. I am really not dissing JMax to promote DMC, but I think the same standards should apply to their performances when they both enter the game at the same time. If JMax or Dale would have had the game Darko did, most posters would be using that as a reason to trade Darko. Fess up, now :yield: .
  15. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Darko opinions

When it comes down to it, Barkley's and Thompson's opinions really don't matter. Barkley is on TNT because his controversial statements hasten good ratings. He's a loudmouth. I was interested to hear Aldridge say the Pistons were "listening" to offers for Darko. Haven't they always listened? This isn't the same as entertaining offers IMO. Dumars' opinion is the only one that really matters with regard to Darko. Agree with Max's earlier post, Darko needs to work on his rebounding. The guy is not in position.
  16. clingman

clingman First Round Draft Pick

Re: Darko opinions

I think what he was trying to say, up till now Dumars wouldn't really listen to your offers, but now he's listening..... but i think it has to be a deal that everybody sees as a great deal for us to do it. Were not trying to trade him, but he's not untouchable like he was the first two years. I myself really can't decide which way is better for us. There is so much potential in the kid. But as my coach in school always said potential is a dangerous word.
  17. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Man, I sure do like it when Darko plays because he dominates forums. What other player can boast such high posts/minute played numbers?

What I'm hoping is that Darko is seeing Delfino emerge and recognizing that you CAN work your way into game time. For a long time, it seemed as if you could work 'hard' and not get anywhere...which is very discouraging.
  18. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yeah, I do think he has earned that.

Unfortunately, I think it's too late for him and the Pistons are thinking something like **well, he looked pretty decent against N.Y. and if we put him in again he may screw up and further lower his trade value**.

I don't think they are thinking **Oh, he looked pretty good, we should play him some more to make sure we aren't losing a great asset.

Now...quit picking on my boy J-Max! :mad:. LOL.
  19. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

yes. i think darko has earned some meaningful minutes. the darko bashers still found something to say about darko. he had 1 less rebound than rasheed and they find it urgent to point out darko needs to work on his rebounding.

i know you were just joking. but i really do love the thought of a high lost post setup with jmax and darko. darko seems to love to pass to jmax and jmax loves to shoot it when he touches it.
  20. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Darko's rebounding

Boo hoo!!! :hurt: Darko needs to work on his rebounding. What an awful thing to say, even if it's true. There's nothing wrong with saying what the guy needs to work on.