1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Detroit vs. Portland - Fri. Dec 20th 2005

Discussion in 'December 2005 Games' started by roscoe36, Oct 2, 2005.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit vs. Portland - Tues. Dec 20th 2005

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Pistons Game 23 of the 2005/6 NBA Regular Season
    Tues. Dec 20th 2005, 7:30 PM Eastern
    Palace of Auburn Hills, built 1998, league leading capacity 22,076
    TV: WDWB/WB20
    Radio: WDFN 1130AM

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Game Chat will open at 6:30 PM and close at 10:30 PM

~~Your thoughts?~~

2. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Gotta go with LA Dre in the Memphis post

If the Portland game is not the game to get Darko in, EARLY, rather than Davis, it is time to put him on someone else's roster. I am in no way advocating trading him now unless Flip trusts him less than Davis.

Davis has had no impact in any game I have heard about this year, and if you check the stats between them, DMC comes out ahead, during their appearances this year in the regular season, and in the pre-season, there was just no comparison.

Ben played huge minutes tonight and with his legs or feet hurting him, and especially with San Antonio and Miami coming up, for heavens's sake, put DMC in with the starters and tell him to "gitr dun".

If he cannot do it in this game with these starters against this team this year, then I think we should write him off and either trade him or pay him that exorbitant amount to sit on the bench. Take your choice, but do not put Dale in ahead of him.

With at least 15 or 20 minutes to play, and giving him something concrete to do, I would say with 95% guarantee that DMC would outdo Dale Davis. Amd I think it would be too disruptive to put JMax in as he would not be sharing the ball and that would be a problem for our offense.

It'll never happen, but it should.

3. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Agreed totally. I don't mind losing this game. With the SA and Mia games coming up, we need the starters with fresh legs. Winning against SA and Mia is far more important. It is also the game where Darko should come in for Big Ben to play alongside Sheed instead of Dyess. Flip got to play him with the starters more, maybe he will pick it up and improve from there. If he still can't do, TRADE his LAZY %%%%% out of DETROIT!!! Delfino has shown nothing but improve in all aspects of the game since Flip has been mixing him with the starters lately. Hope Darko does too.

All 12 players should get some minutes in this game. Flip, please keep the starters below 32 min in this game and if possible, for every game. If this is not the time to play your bench, when will be the time?

4. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

Should be an interesting game

for the bench tonight. Can they deliver? It's time they stepped up. Too much spectating when the game is on the line. Tonight would be opportune for Darko and Davis to both play. Starting on the 23rd, Detroit has five games in nine days. Need to get ready. I think Detroit can still win tonight but Flip will need to do a masterful coaching job. :nod:

5. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

blowout tonight

I know our guys are extremely tired but I see a blowout tonight. Portland is terrible.

6. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Bench smench. Flip's not going to play them. They might get a FEW more minutes but flips going to ride them until the bitter end unless its a blowout. They got 2-3 days to recover after this.

7. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

slippy

Maybe I heard wrong but I thought Ben is injured. Bad legs or feet. You don't recover that in a couple of days, and we have Shaq coming up, and SA before that.

Ben play hurt against Miami and SA, on national tv; I hate the sound of that.

8. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I haven't seen anything on the wire. He has bad wheels and played nearly an hour of game time. But nothing has been reported.

9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

expect sheed to take it to his former team not only because that i expect him to do good, but i expect him wanting to comeback off yesterdays performance at memphis.

10. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

Forget Darko, Lets do Delfino

This is the guy the will be huge if his game can get to the level I think he can. He is the one that can create a shot off the dribble and has unlimited range. If we have a future manu on the roster than the Pistons bench will be solid going into the playoffs.:eyebrows:

11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Chat is open kiddos. Jackattaq is getting lonely in there.

12. detteam

detteam All-Star

Is he talking to himself?

13. clingman

clingman First Round Draft Pick

Wonderful Win

as any win is a good win.

as I am stuck in scotland just now and only hear the games on radio with a few highlights here and there.... my question is, Is Evans as bad as it seems lately (no Lee answers thanks.... GRIN) Delfino seems to be coming on nicely.

Good thing is the christmas games are both on tv here and i fly home for christmas middle of the week so i'll get to see a couple of really good games while i am back in the states....

14. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

The bench really contributed tonight

Portland bench 32, Detroit bench 6. How lopsided is it gonna get?

15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Another hard tough win

Our starters will need these two days off to rest after back to back games of bailing the team out. Ben put up 106 minutes in the last two nights. We need contribution from the bench on a consistent basis. :frusty:
    They really got step to it up on Friday just so that the starters are fresh on x-mas.

Flip admitted that we don't score points in the paint, but we got to be able to do this on those nights when the perimeter shots stop falling. This is going to catch up with us come playoff time. :confused:

Dale Davis did not provide anything in those opening minutes of the 4th when Przbylla and Patterson out jumped him and scored in the lane without any stops by him or the guards. Flip has to get Jmax more playing time or he will devlope the same splinters as "Where's Waldo, I mean Darko!:eyebrows:

16. linwood

linwood All-Star

Listened to this one on the radio.

Went to the wife's office party. Pretended to smoke so I could step outside and catch a few minutes of the game on the car radio.

I listened to the last quarter on the drive home. Not to sound ungrateful for the great record, but... Could we please score in the paint and play a little D?

Seems like front lines are having career games against us right now. Gasol, Randolph, etc. Is it too much to ask to put a litte pressure on the blocks?

17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

game report

No legs. But we won, the 7th of 8 in a horrendous stretch of game. Amazing. 20-3. Amazing. Sheed hit three triples. And Tay was hitting. And Rip was bouncing up off the floor and scoring some more. Hitting his free throws. Tonight, we got nothing at all from Dyess. Nothing at all from Davis either, not even a simple rebound off a missed free throw. But at least they kept the starters off their feet for just a little bit. Ben got a good rest from Dyess and Davis in that 2nd half.

I will note, we had a bit of a lead that went bye bye with Evans on the floor in the 4th. And he did a lot of bad stuff. I again will let anyone else who cares to point out this stuff.

The bench did not do all that bad. Arroyo did lead us back into the game there in the 2nd quarter, taking a deficit and handing the starters back a tie game. I like seeing Arroyo working on stretching out his range. Remember, when he shoots a lot of 3's, he is a 33% shooter from there. Not that bad. Arroyo so far this year is not taking that many shots.

All this was not just a bad game by the Pistons front line. Pryzbilla was doing very well. Patterson was showing he indeed can score if asked to. And Randolf was hitting some pretty crazy shots.

Got to give it up to Ben again on his free throw shooting. It would have been a lot harder to win this one without Ben doing a decent job at the line.

That first half saw us just turn the ball over 5 times. Another good job by our point guards. The one turn by Arroyo was a good attempt to feed Sheed in the post. Nothing wrong with that. You got to expect some post feeds to go bad. Other Piston players had some simple mental mistakes in passing the ball. Big difference. But still, as a team we did not turn the ball over that much.

Obviously, we had a lot of mismatches tonight, and we got to line from that over and over. And we made our free throws. Our overall talent simply won out, despite getting big time outplayed in the paint.

Flip is seriously got in for Darko or something. Serious foul trouble. Our starters playing most of the 1st half and still no Darko. Hey, we won. We are doing great. Lots of time to start playing Darko again. If Flip is copping an attitude on Darko, that is his mistake. We are not going to win a 7 game series without Darko playing in our rotation if we are facing Shaq or Duncan. People who like Davis, remember this. He still has yet to score a bucket for us. He can't even bother Shaq the least bit, and he is too slow to put on Duncan. Meanwhile, Ben nor Sheed can guard Shaq, and foul trouble is inevitable against Duncan. Every game Darko sits, he is going to get more rusty. Time to get Darko in there to build his game. For the sake of the Pistons, not Darko.

18. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

Same question about Evans from those who got to see the game (again, other than Lee).

I'm having a tough time seeing what exactly he's bringing to the table right now.

We just can't keep pounding our starters like this. They're logging way way too many minutes (obviously).

19. SKluck

SKluck First Round Draft Pick

FG% 39%
    Opp FG% 50%
    Reb 36
    Opp Reb 40

Right now the TO spread is winning games. 8 TOs to Portland's 16. You can't win a 7 game series if you are outrebounded every game and are letting opponents shoot at least 43%.

20. Caliban

Caliban First Round Draft Pick

Blaha Gem!

Did anyone else catch Blaha's priceless commentary when a certain Trailblazer put up a shot?

"Jarrett Jack, off the glass!" Truly memorable. :first: