Detroit vs. Portland - Fri. Dec 20th 2005

Discussion in 'December 2005 Games' started by roscoe36, Oct 2, 2005.

1. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Well, I'll give Lee some credit. :) He noted Mo Evans deficiencies on defense back when Mo first tried his hand at defending D. Wade in the preseason. At that point, he nailed Mo's problems: overrated/undersized defender and poor ball handler. His lineups have also mention Delfino backing up the two spot, but then again he has published about 3 million lineups so its hard for me to recall if he was a definite Delfino supporter.

On the other hand, my reference to BBallj was simply because we had a spirted discussion about Delfino's potential during the preseason. I was of course in the "show me the money" stage, while BBallj was persistent in saying that Delfino was a lock to be a quality player in this league. He obviously saw his true potential before I was sold, so I am giving him props now for his forsight. Just as I will be sure to let him know if he made the wrong call prematurely. In this case, his call ended up panning out.

2. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

see comments like that are the reason why i can't take you seriously.

3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

yeah well lets hope he's right about darko too. truly i want him to prove everyone that darko is great. if he ends up being good bball jay is going to bash at me for a long time because i've been one of the main guys in trying to tell him darko is not that good.

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Darko needs to go through the process of playing through mistakes before anyone knows how good he is or will be. For a guy of his size, it can take 2-4 seasons of ugliness. He is just not on the right team at the right time. He would have been better off spending the last 2 years at Western Michigan playing for the Golden Buffalos (or whatever they are called).

5. detteam

detteam All-Star

Amen.

Next thing you know, Darko will be more polished than Bogut.

6. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

I think Flip has a problem judging talent.
    After watching Delfino in the Olympics, I thought we had a steal for a late first round pick. And when he played for Larry, he obviously did something to impress, because he was getting serious pt from day one. But after the injury, the crap hit the fan. And I blame CD as much as anyone, he clearly overreacted to his injury.

But come season 2, CD over the injury, over the emotional blocks, and he's playing better than last year, yet Flip plays Evans over him. Huh? I think most people will say Delfino is a better player than Evans now, and has more potential. So, Flip, why aint you playing him more? Flip, fix the bench, put some logic into PT. Play guys who are good, sit the guys who play bad. Nuff said.

7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Why

Have you seen Amir Johnson play any? I would love to hear your comments about his game.

8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I answered my own question

Evans was out defending Jack. Jack put a move on Evans along the baseline. Evans simply got so off balance he ended up 12 feet away, clear on the other side of the basket, by the time Jack nailed that shot.

9. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

you haven't seen him. preseason doesn't count. everyone agrees he needs to get his game and body nba-ready, including himself. to say he is polished...is just wow.

10. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

Amir

I saw his pic in the free press does that count?

11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Please read again what I wrote

I said he had a more polished game vs. Evans. In case you don't know, I think very little of Evans as far as knowing his basketball. I ain't saying a whole lot good about Amir Johnson by saying he is more polished as an NBA player than Evans.

By the way, here is the opinion of the announcer calling those summer leagure games: Amir Johnson is more ready as an NBA player vs. Darko. Ain't just me saying Amir Johnson has game.

12. detteam

detteam All-Star

IMO...the announcer was saying that Darko isn't ready for the NBA.

13. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Question for Lee:

If Delfino or Darko's man made him look silly on defense would you give this the same attention as you would Evans failures?

14. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

Lee's Answer

No. Although he would use at least four paragraphs to say so.

15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

So far, I have not had to

I did not expect Delfino to be as good as he is on defense. I was expecting to be pointing out problems with his defense. Just nothing to report on that front. Delfino is listed at 6-6, despite being a true 6-6 bare footed. He could easily be listed at 6-8. And he is quick for his 230 lb weight. And he seems to understand and quickly execute defensive rotations. Pretty impressive so far.

On Darko, I expect other players to burn him. A few times. But then I expect him to learn, adjust, and do better against those players. Unfortunately, so far Flip has not played Darko much. Not a whole lot of chance to see how quickly Darko is learning. But overall, to this point, what I see from Darko is pretty darn good. His rebounding is about just where you would expect considering his lack of experience, and his shotblocking ability is shining thru just fine.

I am going to go check something out. Pachulia is having a good year. I wonder how his numbers were with less minutes in years prior? Catch you later.

16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Pachulia

I see somebody has decided Pachulia would be better for us vs. Darko. I will point out one simple stat. Darko is currently at 6.2 blocks per 48 minutes of playing time. Pachulia is at 1.0 block per 48 minutes of playing time. Pachulia is starting for his team and getting major minutes, but has no more blocks than Darko does for the year. Think again. Its Darko that is the right guy for this team.

17. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Dude, your whole arguement is that Darko is better for our team because he averages more blocks per 48 minutes.

All of this is based on one stat that is projected and does not take into account his propensity to foul when he is an aggressive shot blocker?

Lame.

Come on Lee, you can do better than that.

18. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

Lee

There ARE other facets to the game other than shot-blocking.

19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It's a slow day in Flint, and lee is yanking your chains to get a reaction.

20. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

LOL:laugh: