Did Darko free the Brahma?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by 16 Mile, Dec 11, 2006.

1. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

I can't believe Darko hijacked MY thread.:nerd2: Didn't want to talk about Darko, but that fact that his comments may have been the kick in the butt that Joe D needed to start imposing his will on the coach.

As for stashing, and/or grabbing someone elses developed youth, that bus has left the station.

Look around the league, teams are getting wise to the errors that teams made in giving up to soon on players or failling to lock in contracts, a la Jermain Oneil, Hamilton, CB, Curry, Okafur, Okur, Arenas, ect. Teams are developing youth and keeping em: Nocioni, Barbosa, Farmar, Walton, Jarrett Jack, Biedrins, Deron Williams, and Monta Ellis.

Time to let the kids play.
  2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Not with the Pistons, that would be high risk. Our core 6 is fine.
    Now if we were looking at a sub .500 season, work them all in.
    That's the difference between a good GM and a bad GM. Dump the average seasoned starter and play the guy with potential to be great.
  3. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Wait a minute. Wazn't Darko actually IN this type of environment before?

What? You tryin to tell me that Arroyo can't perform these miracles? Or is it that no-passin-to-Darko scoundrel Nelson whose the culprit?

Yeah, I guess you got a point here.

How did J-Max and Amir manage to accomplisht those miracles in GT or worse? You mean it CAN be done?

This list of excuses looks awfully familiar to me. I'm sure I've seen it somwhere before.....
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm sure Joe Dumars was sitting around reading quotes from Darko. Just by reading a Darko quote led Dumars to changing his policy about interfering with coaches and he told Flip Saunders to play Jason Maxiel for a few minutes that night.

It is also believed that most NBA ballers are thankful to Darko for getting David Stern to switch back to the old basketballs. Insiders also say that it was actually Darko, not AI, that nixed the Charlotte-Iverson trade earlier today.

CNBC reported this evening that Darko quotes also led to the war in Iraq and the devastating hurricanes last year.
  5. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

:help: Puleeze Bill Laimbeer Stop It! :pound: :pound: :pound: :rofl: :lol:
  6. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I'm thinking Flip wanted to give darko a little jab.
  7. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I sometimes wonder if Darko's teammates really like him... Bball made the comment about not having guards that can play the P&R to get the ball back to DMC.... wasn't that one of Arroyos biggest strengths with Dice... it was a deadly combo and Carlos was a willing passer... and now he gets to Orlando and decides he doesn't want to pass anymore?
    You would think old teamates comming to a new team would click (let's help each other).... maybe Darko has become an outcast in some respects... I'd like to see some stories about Darko becomming buddies with someone or well respected amongst his associates.

Maybe Arroyo is trying to stuff his own stats for a new contract.

As for stashing Amir... yes this could lead to resentment... however this is a different situation that DMC... he was drafted late in the 2nd round without high expectations or interested GM's (Ainge may be the exception)... he is virtually unknown.... the other difference is that his timing for earning a spot is different than DMC's... our PF's are getting long in the tooth now... this could be a natural progression for Brahma & Amir to step into a role next year.
    I think Joe will match offers for Amir and this "sit down time" will become a distant memory as a learning experience.
    An interesting side plot fosho
  8. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Dwight Howard was giving darko a ton of compliments.
  9. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

From what I have been seeing, Carlos does not pass to anyone, not just DMC. He dribbles his way into places where he needs to make a miracle shot for the bucket and still does not make the easy pass to the open man. I won't say never, but it it pretty seldom that he does not bail himself out with the relatively easy pass.

I may be grasping but the same changes I saw in Ben's attitude toward Darko, being unhappy with his success and growing threat to Ben's contract offer, I saw in Carlos.

He went to Orlando and was accepted by the PR community, hugely accepted, but most of the talk was about DMC, and as that progressed, Carlos got different in interviews. When he was asked about DMC, at first he was saying about how Darko was released from bondage types of things and as time went on, it was things about how Darko had to earn his way, etc. That's fine but it was a change.

And after they both had tremendous summers iin the world's, Darko passes to Carlos many times more than the reverse. Neither Carlos or Jameer has been a pass-first PG but Jameer does pass more to Dwight than to anyone else.

Just now thinking about it, neither has many assists maybe because when they do pass the ball, they do not get it to the recipient in that person's good spot for shots. If I am remembering right, Dwight's jams do not come from Jameer and Carlos assists. They are from Dwight maneuvering and lobs from other teammates such as Grant and Hedo.

That is the way I remember it but I don't have stats. I will remember to pay attention to that.
  10. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I will say the last game I saw when the guards dumped the ball down to DMC good things happened... he is very quick to recognize a double team and finds the open man... A PG will toss it inside more if they know it may come back.
    He's going to be fine... I think he still has problems with his conditioning... usually the more he's in there the more lapses he has.
  11. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree Merc, and I'm waiting in anticipation.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

As for Arroyo, I am completely indifferent to this guy. My favorite Arroyo moments were those games when he was running the pick and pop with McDyess and getting a good shot almost every time. I always thought that he needed to shoot more to open up the passing game. However, since going to Orlando, he has gone overboard with his shooting. The only thing that keeps me from critizing the new Carlos, is that he hits so many of them that it is also effective. He needs to find that perfect balance now. But if the coach rewards his play, then he will keep doing it. LB really rewarded him for passing and punished him for shooting, which is probably why he played the way he did in the D.