Different about this year?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Dec 27, 2007.

?

Are things different this year?

Poll closed Jan 6, 2008.
  1. Yes things are different - Pistons will win the East

60.4%
  2. No things are not different

3.8%
  3. Not sure yet.

35.8%
  1. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Oh and by meaning win the East, I meant the regular season, best record, number one seed.

Playoffs, well, that's another story

:gun1:
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wouldn't it be something if the two best teams at the end of the season are Boston and Detroit, and then the ECF would actually be considered by some the NBA championship?? Remember when the west was so dominant that some thought the WCF was the real championship and playing in the finals vs the Sixers and Nets in the early part of this century was an afterthougt until the Pistons broke thru in 04.:sssh:
  3. umichjenks

umichjenks Second Round Draft Pick

I really like our chances coming out of the east in the playoffs. I think it's going to come down to the wire with Boston for the best record. Boston is doing a hell of a job so far, but you have to look at it objectively, not like ESPN, where they suck off the celtics every chance they can.

The Celtics are in a honeymoon period right now. Teams have seen the Pistons, Nets, etc in years past with lineups, but no team has really changed as much as the celtics from one yr to the next. Especially not adding 3 superstars. I think we will be able to really gauge the Celtics in Feb. after teams have had the chance to play them a few times and get to know their weaknesses (Rondo, Perkins, lack of bench, and honestly as much as they seem to think the Celtics are so great they don't have a low post presence besides maybe Pierce, Garnett is a jumpshooter now).

In my opinion, I think the Pistons will win the east and it doesn't matter if we have homecourt. We have a chip on our shoulder and this year just seems so similar to 04'. We have our best bench in years, the starting 5 are so motivated this year and everyone just keeps talking about the Celtics. Stuckey is back and looks a little rusty but you can tell he's going to be a very solid player. Paired up with Maxiel, Hayes, Afflalo and Lindsey for defense, I'd have to say we have one of the deepest teams in the NBA.

Go Pistons---looking for an 9 point win over Boston at the Palace on Jan. 5th.
  4. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I wonder if we should re-think this poll in light of the Cleveland trade?
  5. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound:You're dreaming. :pound: I hope that you have changed your mind since at least Sunday's game.
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I was finally reading that McCoskey article and he mentioned that ratings are up 36% this year. That surprised me.

Any ideas why they are up?
  7. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We're only a couple of inches short of setting a snowfall record. Maybe no one has been able to get out.