Disgusting and disrespectful

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Feb 25, 2011.

1. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yup. No sympathy here.

The people that should be crying are the fans that pay the salaries of the players that decide not to show up.

2. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Reality check: There have been many many studies that verify that the #1 thing that employees at all levels of all professions value more than anything else is the perception that they are appreciated. More than money.
    No matter how much money you make you still have to show up at your place of employment and deal with the people there, the organization, the people who have power over you and who make the decisions that impact you. It is really naive to think that just because people make a lot of money that they are any less human in the way they handle their interpersonal "bizness" in the workplace.

People leave jobs all the time because they are unhappy with personnel issues, bosses, management, coworkers etc. I am not saying that this was the proper way to handle this matter. But the idea that money is the reason they should not have done it this way is deluded.

The reason they should not have done it this way is that it was not effective. Q is still the coach and may remain the coach longer. The whole thing of being upset about blackening the reputation of Detroit sports is so much bs. You reap what you sow. Joe D. planted these seeds. They took along time to break ground, but break ground they did. I don't see this as some huge tragedy at all. So what? The vets got unhappy. They thought they had a right to be unhappy about some things. They weren't given any voice or attention. So they did something stupid. Good Lord. It's not like they had a sitdown in the middle of the court in their street clothes before a half full Palace and said "we won't play until Joe fires Q!" Now that might have worked. Power to the people!

I know I'd feel better if Joe and Q were fired. Immediately.

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You tell em Kim...this is what I have been trying to say all the time,,,this thing is so blown out of proportion.... I just don't know why every other coach and media expert has to keep harping on it. Something happen and it may have been just one employee and 5 others were blamed...Whatever happen, happen and they can't get back to business because the discussion/distraction won't go away.

Even trying to fix it, didn't help as you see what happen tonight that the main principles tried to make nice and somebody wound up taking to many shots because someone may have been afraid to rein him in.....:sssh:

4. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Your final statement to "fire Joe and Q immediately" rings true with me. I am certainly concerned by what has happened, but the bottom line for me has been to get rid of these two. The press will always make a mountain out of a moehill and that is the bottom line here.

5. jammertime

While I 100% agree with you 99% of the time, in this specific instance, Rip PROVED that it was about the money and NOT respect because he had a chance to be traded, bought out and then choose the team that he signed with. Instead, he chose to collect his full pay cheque knowing full well that he'd be riding the pine. That doesn't sound like he's looking for appreciation to me.

I don't think professional athletes are any less human. Out of touch, desensitized and insulated from reality? Maybe. But not less human.

Again, if Rip was treated so poorly, he had an opportunity to walk away AND still get paid most if not all of his money.

Now THAT I can agree with!

6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

While I 100% disagree with you 99% of the time, in this specific instance, I totally agree with you on all points. Actually, this thread title is misleading because every time I see it I keep thinking it is the "Jammer Appreciation Thread". :lol:

I'd really like to see Gores clean house.

Dumards, Kuester, and, Rip Knight and the Pips all need to go. Believe me, I know firsthand (go ahead, make your comments) that when the inmates are running the asylum, it is because the staff are incompetent (unfair, afraid, ignorant, uncaring, etc).

As far as the players, you guys already know that I agree with the terrific (IMO) article by Smith posted here at:

http://www.pistonsforum.com/detroit...8-disgusting-disrespectful-18.html#post266896

I'm having a hard time understanding why people are so hell bent on excusing and justifying the actions of these players. I respect your opinions and what you are saying but I really don't get it.Ask yourselves. Did it HELP the Detroit Pistons and the NBA or did it hurt them? You don't cut off your nose to spite your face!!

"Cutting off the nose to spite the face" is an expression used to describe a needlessly self-destructive over-reaction to a problem: "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face" is a warning against acting out of pique, or against pursuing revenge in a way that would damage oneself more than the source of one's anger

Cutting off the nose to spite the face - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

7. Nemo

8. Darth Tater

It looks good on Voldemort (OK, he has a flat nose, technically)

[​IMG]

[STRIKE]Rip[/STRIKE] Voldemort and the [STRIKE]Pips[/STRIKE] Deatheaters

[​IMG]

9. Nemo

Your post makes me miss the good ole happy days with the Pistons...

[​IMG]

10. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Possibly your greatest post ever. It's about time.

12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I am still happy that you allow us all to provide our own opinions here despite some of us being on one side of the law and others being on the other. :)

13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Jamm, NBA players have a rock solid contract. They don't need to take any BS.
    Rip has been grieving for 2 years, between groin pulls. No one would make him the focal point of the offense.

14. jammertime

:blah::blah::blah:

:Cry: <NBA Players
    :rain:<NBA Fans

15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It's always been hard to articulate my own opinion as the Grand Emperor of the Known Pistons Universe, because I can never take a position as just a fan. It's always the guy with the ban stick laying down the law.

Sometimes I just want to be a fan. I respect the Darko fans, the Amir fans and the Flip fan. I didn't always but I do now. I know that collectively you guys are a lot smarter than I can ever hope to be.

16. Darth Tater

Ain't nobody afraid of your little stick, Mr. Grand Cannuckian Puba. Speak your mind.

[​IMG]

17. Nemo

Is there truly only one Flip fan amongst the masses at PF ? :love:

18. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I love this too.:):pound:

19. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Searching for the &quot;D&quot; in Detroit
    You are about as rare a commodity as myself (Stuckey fan) in these parts...

20. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Hey you ain't alone, here I am and just not articulate as you do.

Reckon that Kgreg is one of Stuckey big fans. Kgreg's criticized Stuckey for his poor play with kind of tough love while never hesitated praising him after a good game.

Go Rodney, go Pistons.