Disgusting and disrespectful

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Now that just tears it.

I don't know about anyone else, but you can phone it home that I have continued to b3lieve in the Pistons - right through the eyes of madness, and this is the thanks I/We get? Well no-thanks!

I've been/could be laughed at by a lot better and more important people than... them.

I'll admit a burning-hot tear was shed as I emerged - perhaps for the final time - from my Piston game-room in which I've watched so many Piston moments, good and bad - but none like this.
  2. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

Trade em all to Cleveland and Washington!
  3. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

The fans should be the ones staging a boycott!
  4. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

The players were so bad in their behavior that LeBron, Wade, and the other guy are now heroes for working out their early season issues with Spolestra. The spoiled LeBron became respectful of his coach and our guys became weiners.

Flip, in his sad state of affairs with the Wizards, at last gets to say now, "At least I'm not with the Pistons anymore".

Even Phil Jackson is coming to the rescue of Kuester...verbally anyways.
  5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

1st, I won't comment until I here the whole story - if I ever do.

2nd - in all this, not one mention of White. Seems odd. Everyone else was accounted for in the news report - while White, was left out, as he has been completely left out of the news for months. When he broke the foot - they at first said maybe early January for a return. But this is a month later than that. Just wonder if the news blackout on White is related to what happened today. Just idle thoughts. You can return to your player bashing now.

Oh, and its after the all-star break, which is the latest anyone on the boards ever suggested for a return of White. So what gives?
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

You can see it on YouTube. You don't need a congressional investigation.

Disgusting and childish, from a bunch of clowns who do not deserve to wear Pistons uniforms.
  7. 1989

1989 First Round Draft Pick

Hello PF.com,

I haven't posted here in a long time, but I have to today. What happened in tonight's game was a disgrace. I don't want to see any of the players involved in a Pistons uniform again.

I will not cheer for the Pistons until we have thoroughly cleaned house.

Regretfully,

8. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

This sealed the deal for Keuster, for sure, but if I'm Joe I don't fire him right now. I deactivate these 7 and hire a bunch of scrubs. I don't let Wallace, McGrady, Stuckey, Hamilton, Prince, and Daye anywhere near the locker room for the remainder of the season - it's lost anyway and they might as well just play for the Lottery. I fine each of them as much as I can get away with and donate that money to charity.

But what does it say as a General Manager if Dumars fires the coach for this disgrace? That the players were right to do this? You thought players had too much authority now, imagine what would happen if the guys that didn't like their coaches on other teams started doing this across the league?

I'm trying not to get bent out of shape and to keep this in perspective; ultimately it's one game. But it's hard not to feel sorry for Keuster for the situation he's in, and he probably won a lot of fan support over this. Judging by the local boards, I don't see a lot of people siding with the players.

And this changes my opinion of Villanueva, Gordon, and Maxiell. I'm not a huge fan of their games, but it takes guts to go against the wishes of your teammates, and it bespeaks the professionalism of these three that they came out and played in a game that was essentially meaningless. They did their jobs. Kudos to them.
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Joe is sorta screwed. No one will want to coach in Detroit if he fires Kuester, and if he doesn't fire Kuester, no one will want to coach in Detroit.

Ultimately, all of the silvertongue Langlois in the world can't save him from this predicament, this is no longer a matter of fan perception, if there are any execs and coaches in the league who didnt know before what a country club gong show Joe is running, they sure as hell know now.

I am still livid at Wallace and TMac. I always suspected Tayshaun was a loser and Hamilton was a lost cause. Surprised about Daye and Wilcox, but it sounds like they got cold feet on the walkout by the end of practice.

Stuckey yucking it up on the bench is terrible too. I absolutely cannot stand to look at him anymore.
  10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Is there anything Stern can do about this? Like fine or suspend them for making the league look like Romper Room? Is it out of his hands? It seems like there is enough evidence of them making a mockery of the NBA.
  11. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

We still need a better coach. However, Joe must stand by Kuester now.

Deactivating these clowns for the rest of the season and signing some D-league guys would be the best way to handle this. Alternatively, we can ride this 6-man rotation all the way to the lottery, but I doubt they can handle such a long run without hurting themselves.

Tay/Rip/Stuck/Tmac, and sadly Wallace, should not wear the Piston jersey again.

I was very surprised about Wilcox and Daye though. Wilcox should be playing for his next contract and Daye is just a kid. Perhaps forgive those two and then ride an 8-guy rotation for the rest of the season.

I wish I lived in Detroit so I can go to Saturday's game and boo these jerks.
  12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

See what, some guys chuckling about something? So what? Maybe if I was there and heard the joke, maybe I would be laughing too. What, you expect these guys to moan and look sad faced about it? Its just basketball.
  13. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Joe could always resign. He could accept blame for the whole situation.
    He does have some percentage of the blame from any perspective taken.
    He could save the franchise by leaving now. Putting a new face on our franchise would help. Joe's last order of business could be the unconditional release of all the offending players. Or else this stain will remain for years to come. We might as well rename this group the Pistons Requiem...
  14. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I posted something on this in the game thread, if anyone cares to move it over here. Could not for the life of me find this thread earlier when I posted that.

Anyway, what we got so far: The team apparently contacted the media, unnamed sources mind you, and claimed there was a boycott by the players of a shoot-a-round. We know that TMAC claims there could not have been such a boycott or he would have heard about it.

And the team did not play a bunch of players tonight. Team's choice. No player stated he would not play tonight.

So again, I would like to find out a lot of things before I judge anything. Like why did the team feel they had to publicize a supposed boycott which kind of only half took place.

By the way, you want to judge the players, without knowing the facts, how about judging the team for leaking internal team business? (Or just starting rumors - who knows. I sure would like to know the rest anyway before condemning anybody.)

Other things that bug me. Ben Wallace has been missing practices,and even games due to family problems. Did Kuester suspend him tonight just because he happened not to be at the shoot-a-round when the supposed boycott happened.

And what happened to Rip's groin injury? Did that heal all the sudden?

And Tay, he did not even play the 2nd half of the last game due to a back injury. Would he have even played today? Or taken any part in a shoot-a-round even?

How could Daye even be involved - does not make sense for a 2nd year player in this league to have any say in anything really.

And again, why the absense of any news on White, in any form, tonight?

I saw one article alluding to the guy from MLIVE - Justin Rogers if memory serves, defending Bynum playing. Who knows, maybe the team hates playing zones that all too easily get broken down whenever Bynum is on the floor to hide his totally inept defense.

I have heard something about rotations. What? Somebody reading my stuff. Yes, the rotations Kuester uses lately are absurd for the most part, using the team in exactly the opposite from how it should be used to get wins. Funny, CV got benched in the 2nd half of the last game - but he was not part of the supposed boycott.

Is someone trying to insinuate that Tay was not really hurt, and that he was missing all his shots on purpose the last couple of games? How about Ben Gordon coming up short on every shot in the 2nd half tonight - is he part of the protest.

Done writing for now - but I got a ton more questions about the situation before I make any judgements.
  15. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Why all of a sudden? You would think if Joe had any wind of this type of thing happening, or how much these players hate the coach, there is no way he would turn down a trade like Tay for a pick. Plus Joe has been talking up bringing ALL of these guys back (Tay, Stuckey, and TMac specifically). How the hell can we bring ANY of these guys back now?

Figures this would happen AFTER the deadline where we can't do anything about it. Unfortunately 7 guys are just TOO many to try to bury for the rest of the year as punishment. Especially when 2 other guys are injured.
  16. Darth Tater

Lee, I'm not going to get into it with you about people taking basketball seriously. But I've heard people around here say that they were not going to watch the Pistons again and were too disgusted to post again until the team improved.

Also, when your team is losing, you don't sit there laughing and joking while the opponents are scoring at that moment and your team is 10 points behind.

Ask quarterback Matt Leinart how long he lasted last season with the Arizona Cardinals after laughing on the sideline while his team was getting a butt whooping on Monday Night Football.
  17. linwood

linwood All-Star

I agree 100%. The team sucks right now. The players, the coach, the ownership... it all sucks. Maybe Q said something funny on his way out. Who knows?
  18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Anyone find it odd that this all happened in the presence of one Michael Curry? I thought him getting tuned out by his assistants was bad, but this blows it away.

I am not nearly as irate as some of you are. I was shocked and dazed by the laughing though.

There is a lot going on here. 7 players boycotted practice and 6 of them were given some sort of quasi-legitimate reason be it oversleeping or a headache by the team. Rip was the only one who wasn't assigned a malady (unless White is in there too). I still can't figure out why he wouldn't take that buyout.

It is hard to really assign blame without knowing the particulars. Clearly something is going on behind the scenes. I can make cases for and against all parties.

Was Kuester getting canned because it looked like the team was close to being sold?

Stuckey looked like he was really working hard not to laugh. At least he was trying. T-Mac would have had to stood up and point to make his laughter any more obvious.

I never would have guessed that the team cliques were broken up this way. It seemed most people assumed that it was Rip, Tay and a little Big Ben against everyone else.
  19. Darth Tater

[STRIKE]Yeah. Or maybe some sneaky fan was able to sneak some laughing gas into the arena and spray it at the Piston bench at that exact moment... It WAS in Philadelphia after all. Naughty fans.[/STRIKE]
  20. linwood

linwood All-Star

I had a boss back in Detroit who was one of the angriest people I have ever known. He would fly into a rage on a regular basis, uttering a stream of profanities and insults that I couldn't even begin to type here. In fact, he would often make up his own curse words, or combine old standards in new and unique ways. It took tremendous self control not to bust out laughing, because despite how angry he was, or how serious the situation might have been, it was freaking hilarious.

You assume that the players are laughing because Coach was tossed from the game, and they have no respect for the coach, and found his situation amusing.

I assume they were laughing because he was inventing profanities on his way to the locker room.

Neither of our assumptions are based on information or fact.

Maybe Kuester called one of the refs a ##)!@*&^ cheesesteak.