Disgusting and disrespectful

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I think the game was pretty close when Kuester got tossed - and the laughing I saw was during the lull produced by an out of control Kuester getting booted. Just like people holler at Rip, and Sheed before him, why not holler at Kuester for giving Philly two free throws in a tight game?

2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I posted earlier that I would not give ANY financial support to this mess. That **BLEEP** of an owner, this idiot GM, an inept coach who was born to be an assistant and this moronic assemblage of players. When I posted that, I never thought it would come to this. I thought yesterday (the trade deadline day) was bad, but this was INSANE!!!!!

Back to yesterday, I'm convinced both Rip and Tay wanted out of town and that their people told them it was a done deal. Tay should be in Dallas Right now and Rip's agent should be working on a buyout (with Clev) and a min contract with either Chicago or Boston. To move Rip I'm sure Det could have sent CASH to Clev (like the NBA owned-damn near bankrupt-Hornets did to Sac) meaning Rip would only be losing $6M in the final year (because Clev could use the $$$$ towards the buy-out), Money he would EASILY recoup in a contract next season. I mean it makes COMPLETE sense to pay $3Million to move a player in order to save over $25M, but I'm sure Joe mumbled some BS like, "With the pending sale I don't have the option of doing that" So instead of playing for contenders, they're stuck HERE! Tonight was everyone's tipping point.

Ben, Weezy and T-Mac are vets who are standing tall in the player fraternity (disappointing- but not shocking) I posted a thread to RELEASE TAY- I saw this coming, and we knew the deal with Rip. BUT WHAT THE BLEEP IS WRONG WITH AUSTIN DAYE (and Rodney Stuckey), are you EFFIN SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!! Especially Austin Daye, he ain't did SHHHH (oooh I wanna curse so bad), this little rail thin, no defense playin mutha**bleep** is 2 seconds from not even being in the league, go look at the past 10 #15picks from the draft and see how many got a 2nd multiyear contract.

Joe is a dunce for putting this mess together and a moron for KEEPING it together. We all know Q is an idiot, now Joe has to buy out Rip (who's contract will stay on the books), release Tay, Fire Q and then Gores HAS to fire Joe.

3. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

@KGREG: youre missing maybe something... for your scenarios all what was needed, was a demand from player. The fact that rip rejected cleveland scenario, is telling to us that trade demands were not up in the air.

The same with Tay. prior to trade deadline Dumars spoke about extending tay's contract. This is exactly opposite "out of town" mindset.

Had Rip really wanted it - he'd be in cleveland right now. reagardless of lost money.

Back to topick: you have problems with coach? fine, it is between you and coach. But those clowns sank THE WHOLE TEAM: what others have done for you??? It is not Will Bynum's fault, but he has to play 2X48 min in back to back games.

Ah, and I'm sure: for younger players(daye, stuckey) door is still open( they are inexperienced, flow with tide mentality) but for vets time is definitely over.

4. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Daye is the saddest part; he's young, he got minutes and he has perspective. RIP, McGrady, Big Ben - yes, they've been here for long but they're old, without much of a perspective. I wouldn't mind de-activating them for the remainder of the season. But Daye - I don't know, maybe there's another solution.
    And I wouldn't mind playing these 6 guys (7 once Jerebko comes back) for the rest of the season, maybe get Troy Murphy here (I'm not joking, dude would play at least as he didn't get any minutes all season) once he's bought out or a couple of D-Leaguers who would love to have what these 5 jerks treat like it means nothing to them. And if we end up with a lottery pick, we could even benefit from this stupid situation.

5. Menace

Menace Bench Warmer

I think in the interview Dumars gave last week he said that White would go to the D-league to get some playing time. Joe wants to see him play since White hasn't played in any games and White hasn't done any practises. So White probably isn't around at Pistons practise.

6. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I dropped TMAC in my fantasy team. I suggest to "hang" your "mutineers" in your Fantasy teams too.

@KGREG: one more thing - you're cursing coach and GM "OMG why they did not foresee it". What happened, is exceeding immaturity level and deeply. It is not something for everyday business in NBA.

Yes, those billionares live in their bubbles but reactions from everywhere say more than enough: internal problems are solved internally, players may be right but this reaction is plain wrong.

Lets say, playes demanded a new coach. NOW it is impossible to fire Q.
    I hope, I do not have to explain this logic. It is too obvious.

7. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Time for Dumars to step up and at least act like he's in charge. Of course, if he had done that a month ago this wouldn't have happened.

8. House Dressing

House Dressing Bench Warmer

So, on Thursday, Rip refuses to be bought-out by the Cavs in a trade that would have gotten him out of this situation. And on Friday, he is part of a boycott and doesn't attend practice. I can't believe this clown. If it is so bad in Detroit, then why did Rip decide to stay and take Detroit Piston money. When I think of all his little press conferences when he talks about how all he wants to do is play. What an absolute hypocrite. Well he had a chance to play on Thrusday, and he decided he'd rather have the money. And he had a chance to play on Friday, and he decided to pout.

The ironic part is that if he actually was playing with effort, Joe probably could have moved his contract. Instead, his attitude is crap and he's stuck. Rip has nobody to blame about his situation but himself.

9. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Yep. That's my perspective in a nutshell.

10. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

All of this is brought about by the fact that Dumards hasn't done anything to stem this tide of childish behavior from his coach or the players. I still believe we're looking at reality...

-Players are upset about Kuester's coaching style.
    -Some players wanted outta here...and it didn't get done.
    -There are factions on the team.
    -DUMARDS IS STAYING QUIET...FOR WHATEVER REASON.
    -The inmates are running the asylum.
    -Karen Davidson will hang onto this team until she gets HER fair price.
    -Karen Davidson doesn't seem to care about anything else team related.

11. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

White was reported still recovering from injury yesterday. He is trying to rebuild the strength in his broken foot or something. I think they said he was due to return for full practice pretty soon.

12. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I think Lee was right about not jumpimg to conclusions. In the Free Press T-Mac is quoted as saying he was laughing at "something else".

13. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

This and for other reasons JOE needs to come out and spell things out NOW.... I want to give people the benefit of the doubt but without some breadcrumb to give me hope I just can't at this point....

14. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Or T-Mac could be lining up his next job by trying to stay out of the way of the oncoming storm which may sweep this mess away. Showing innocence can only help his own interests.

15. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I really want to know what this "something else " was.

Especially for guys with headaches...remember, alledgely TMAC could not play due to headaches. well, he was very happy on the bench. Frozen bananas helped?

16. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Those three were laughing at something else? Yeah, I suppose that's possible, but it sure was BAD TIMING on their part.

But I don't believe that :bs: anyway.

17. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

By 'core' do you mean the guys we kept?

Thats why we are in this position right now.

Comon' brother.

Even with the benefit of hindsight you haven't yet realized that Joe's unwillingness to crack down on these players the moment their heads started swelling up was his biggest mistake as GM?

18. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I refuse to keep blaming Coach after Coach for this nonsense when it involves the same whiny players that haven't done anything for us lately but shame our team.

I blame them, and I blame Joe. His hands weren't tied this entire time, and when he had options there were indeed plenty of people that saw this nonsense brewing on the horizon.

Billy would have been a better GM. He wasn't afraid to part with a good player if they weren't a good fit anymore. Joe, OTOH, has been deceiving us and himself for quite some time now.

19. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

20. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain