Disgusting and disrespectful

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Feb 25, 2011.

1. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I guess we can go ahead and close this thread.
  2. max

max All-Star

Very True. Curry was fired partly for not getting along with Rip, Flip let Sheed disrespect him regularly with no intervention from Dumars.

I bet Lamb or Mahorn would do it? Coach this team.

Yes I am sure some players expected to be traded and everyone expected this Rip situation to be resolved by now - either by him back in the rotation or traded. Nothing has happened.

dido, while Davisons does not want to change the teams salary structure but her team is losing value by the second. Whoever is advising her is a complete moron.

I know its bad but once this team is sold - What the heck is taking so long? This is like taking way tooooo loooong.

BTW - not a popular opinion but I never liked the way Rip got benched. I have never heard of a player being benched like this. What did he do exactly - does anyone know? And why was it not bad enough to warrant a suspension? He basically was suspended with pay for 1/2 a season and for what? Part of me is glad they walked out. Not that I am condoning it but I can understand their frustration. At least trade the guy for crying out loud.
  3. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Quote from the article rax posted:

4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I agree with you on Kuester being a worthless buffoon. But that is for Dumars to handle. Not for the players to make a public mockery of the situation and the organization.

As you can see from the clip below, as I said, the Pistons were 10 points behind. 52-42. Not out of hand, but no laughing matter.

Video: Tracy McGrady laughs away, as his coach is ejected - Ball Don't Lie - NBA  - Yahoo! Sports

Houston, we've got a problem.
  5. max

max All-Star

I know but my point is that why did it no go through the proper channels with a defined punishment to fit the crime? You know like other teams do, like we used to do at times.

I was all for Rip getting benched at the time but I thought it would just be for a week or so.
  6. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    This!
    :hoops:
  7. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    As I have suspected all along Rip has been behind this entire mess. I also thought that when Joe traded for AI, Rip was the main culprit of that experiment's failure, and his action only reinforce my thinking. He refused to play for Cavs as well as $18 million buyout? That right there says that he's all about money, and he doesn't care about the game or Pistons.
  8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

R.I.P. Mr. Davidson. We all thought it was unsinkable too.

[​IMG]
  9. max

max All-Star

Neat picture, yea who would have thought it could have gotten to this. We used to be the team with the best chemistry. Won a championship with it.
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Cloud, the core we were left with couldn't get pass the first round. So no I'm not taking about them.
    ---------------------
    Remember when the Heatles starting crying in the press about not winning enough and there was a hint that "they" thought the coach was weak ? They were 9 and 8 at the time. Then it went quiet from the Heatles. Then they went on a 10 game win streak. Something tells me Riles went into the gym and read the Heatles the Riot Act.
  11. linwood

linwood All-Star

Just read the Yahoo article about Rip Hamilton. Geez, that guy has a lot of nerve. If I were Gores, I might inquire about buying the Hornets instead.
  12. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

When I'm not reading the posts of Darth Tater to gain insight into a situation, I always seek out my wife for her opinion.

She believes that if what Sharp is reporting is true...That The coach was to be fired during the break, and the players were told this in confidence...And then he is kept, then the issue is with management because they raised hopes in a hopeless situation, only to pull the rug out from under the players...

Nobody that I've seen so far has directly refuted that report...
  13. Brap

Brap Starter

I'd throw Rip off the team, now. Period.

I'd consider suspending Tay.

Get these guys, especially Rip, away from the young core guys. I'm now wondering if Stuckey is now, under Rip's influence, becoming a malcontent that has to go.

This is truly disgusting.
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I was wondering that too. Who would have indicated to the players that Kuester would be fired? If that came from Joe, then that was a big mistake.
  15. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

if that were true: why Q was not fired?
    Decision like this one in current situation NEEDS "wiggles confirmation and approval" from mrs Davidson!!
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

2 possibilities-

Maybe he blabbed to others in management that he was considering it and they leaked it to the players.

Maybe he had a conversation with Kuester before pulling the trigger and become convinced that "Coach K" was dealt a losing hand and decided to stick with him.
  17. Walter

Aah, that I have no idea. It's stupid for Joe to let the coach and the players behave like 14 year olds.
  18. Walter

I find that hard to believe. Joe has never fired a coach mid-season, and I find it very very hard to believe that the players would be told that the coach would be fired at a specific date. I think that's idle speculation by someone who doesn't closely follow the Pistons enough.
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Does Stuckey, Prince, or McGrady start another game for the rest of the season? I'm not sure I see it happening.

We're about to go from having the 2nd best bench in the league to the 1st best.

Our starting unit will go from 29th best to 30th best.
  20. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Great stuff.