Disgusting and disrespectful

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Feb 25, 2011.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Sheed got a tech for laughing.
  2. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

They were laughing at the coach getting tossed. End of story.
  3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You are thinking of Sheed's alter-ego.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Anyone who doesn't believe that is in some state of denial.

It's like KG explaining that he really said to CV "Sir, I declare that your cancerous ways have metastesized throughout the organization at large."

Sure you did buddy.
  5. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

nice....:pound::pound::pound::pound:
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Funny me and my co-managers laugh at our boss whenever he does or says something stupid or embarrassing....sometimes behind his back and sometimes right in front of him. (and I am sure that some of my employees laugh at me too)

I may be old school here and been through these situations before, so if they were indeed laughing at the coach getting tossed, I was probably laughing with them...:)

This issue is over now and we need to move on....
  7. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

So did I! :sssh:
  8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

So Sheed's alter ego has normal ?
  9. LA Dre

I am convinced that Wiggles sent a text to a couple of the players that Coach K was on his way out and it spread throughout the lockeroom and they believed him.
  10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

But I'm assuming you guys like your boss or at least have a good relationship with him?

My understanding is that these guys don't like OR respect Kuester. I didn't perceive that what they were doing was in good natured fun. I think they were trying to publicly humiliate him or at least not support him. I don't think HE thought it was funny. Especially after half the team called in with the blue flu. I wonder what people would have thought if he was cracking up on live television when one of his players were angry over getting kicked out of a game...costing the team points. You just don't do that.

No, I don't think this is the kind of thing that will (or should) just be shrugged off.

Just my opinion.
  11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Every once in a blue moon, Darth makes sense and this is one of those rare times. Pat Riley said something like "You don't have to respect the head coach, but you have to respect the head coach position."

These players were being jackasses and they should suffer the consequences of their actions.
  12. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Darth has really been cranking out some good posts recently. I guess he was due...or

[​IMG]
  13. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Man, it REALLY pains me to do this, but I actually agree with Darth & Bill on this one.
  14. LA Dre

Yes there is mutual respect between my boss and me, we get along well and I have been working with him since 1993. But that doesn't stop me from laughing at him or even getting upset with him on occasion.

Being a manager myself and being in the workplace environment for almost 40 years, seeing things like this don't surprise me so that is why I did I didn't get to excited about the incident, since it wasn't proven what or whom they were actually laughing at. Although it appears to be some cover up on the blue flu incident, there is still no evidence that more than one or two players actually participated in it since only two fines were levied.

Also remember I live in Cali and we are little more liberal here on these issues and don't let it get us down.:sssh:

Some of you older BB fans might recall what happen out here is Los Angeles in 1981 when Magic led a player revolt, but he was the only one blamed in the end (ala Rip)

At the beginning of the 1981–82 season, Magic argued continuously with head coach Paul Westhead, as Magic indicated that Westhead's coaching style made the Lakers "slow" and "predictable".

Magic demanded to be traded, but Jerry Buss fired Westhead and replaced him with Pat Riley (who had been promoted from Laker TV color announcer to the assistant coach....which means that Greg Kelser still has a chance:sssh:) Buss actually wanted Jerry West and Riles to be co-coaches, but West wanted no part of coaching.

Although Magic denied that he got Westhead fired, he was booed across the league, even by some Lakers' fans...until they started winning and wound up winning the title at the end of that season. After wards most people forgot about the incident since they added 3 more titles before their mini dynasty was ended by the Bad Boys.

I guess in order for some of us to forget about these Piston players actions, they would have to rebound and win a title this season with Rip leading the way:stirthepot::):banplease
  15. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't think we will really know the full story until someone in the situation retires and releases a biography.

No doubt something has to give and if this many players lack the respect for Q, then the numbers fall in the favour of firing the coach whether that's right or not.

We are in a unique situation where we have a number of vets with a winning history in a losing environment. Normally teams with the record we have are in a development stage with a majority of youth.

Cut the vets, cut the coach and start again. Joe's vision of not rebuilding didn't work. I'm still undecided on whether to cut the GM.
  16. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

How old is Magic at that time again? And what position does he play? Isn't he one of the 50 best NBA player of all time?

What's Rip's resume?
  17. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

Maybe Kuester said:" You don't show up, I will leave the game earlier" .. Obviously the players thought that Kuester was bluffing (like everything that Q says is pure bluff) and when that actually happened they can't do anything else but laugh about it.

lol
  18. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Sigh. I always dislike these kinds of arguments because it kind of tempts me to break my fellow forumites into "law abiding respecters of authority at all costs" and "people who allow other people to operate out of their own best interests". Being raised by a female minister and a male trial attorney always makes these kinds of scenarios trying for me.

I empathize with the players, feel they need an avenue for expression and think they probably don't have one in the organization anywhere and that they chose the wrong one. But I really don't like the heavy handed "this is the darkest day in Detroit sports history" stuff. Fire and brimstrone, la de da.

Whatever the Pistons did, they have to live with, especially Rip and I really really think we need to take a chill pill. Q deserved more respect, but he also should have been fired a while ago, the organization is a mess and the walkout is just a symptom or an "outbreak" of the system wide unhappiness and failure. They take the heat, Q gets sympathy and the organization emerges intact, as per usual. Joe remains in his status quo, hopefully twisting in the wind until his status is changed. To me he is the dysfunctional core of the problem.
  19. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Here's an interesting article by M. Rosenberg at the Freep.

Michael Rosenberg: Rip vs. Kuester is root of Pistons' woes | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
  20. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hamilton gets exposed: