Dissension in Miami, the sun has set

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, May 1, 2006.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Miami is crumbling, lots of dissension. Did anyone catch the Gary Payton, D Wade blowup on national television? When the reporters asked GP what was the problem, he compared it with the Donovan McNabb T.O situation. What a comparison.

Shaq looks disinterested, Posey and Haslem have already been suspended for a game apiece, Wade is not playing like Wade, lots of bickering, D Wade questioning Alonzo on his ability to play, felt he stayed away from the game too long.

This team may not make it pass the first round. Do anyone remember Shaq playing this lousy?
  2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Shaq's an old guy - 34 is a lot older in big heavy man years. I also think that Shaq is pretty much a just want to play the game and have fun kind of guy, kinda Sheed like. I'd guess he's probably pretty embarassed by this Wade / Payton crap.
  3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

yeah, but the heat are very lucky tyson chandler got hurt, and now the bulls chances are a lot smaller to win this series.
  4. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I saw the Wade / Glove fiasco as it unfolded during the game. They actually started arguing on the court and took it in front of their bench as a timeout was called. Shaq and Pat Riley looked stunned and neither seemed to know what to do.

Well I guess you can wave bye bye to Mr Payton, he was probably a goner after this year anyway.

And Shaq thought leaving Kobe that all the drama would stay in LA! Payton is an idiot and I believe Riley has lost touch with todays NBA. With the moves he has made with the Heat and his decision to coach his assembled mess is an indication of his inabilty to lead an NBA franchise in any capacity.

I say at the end of the year he will fire himself and go into depression.
  5. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Zo has blocked like a beast this year and Wade says he ain't no player? Wade seems to have Kobe- like attitude. Payton wants the title so badly, he's poison for every team since he can't help them as he could have 4,5 years ago. I love to see the Heat struggeling. I hope they won't change this attitude into the opposite when they face Detroit.
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

What a delight. Kidd getting done by the Pace. And Miami melting. Won't make up for the Wings getting outed. Try alcohol Riley.
  7. max

max All-Star

Either way Riley leaves as a multi-millionair. He would just chaulk it up as a lesson learned and go into broadcasting until the next thing opened up.
  8. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

If I wre a GM today I would be very cautious in hiring Riley as a coach or anything else at the moment.

He destroyed that Heat team. From revamping the roster to firing/ accepting Van Gundy`s resignation.

With the latest developments one has to wonder has the current Heat players tuned him out.
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Riley's still the GM there. He'll cook up something. He's a BBall junkie, he aint going nowhere.