Dixon or Afflalo

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Mar 11, 2008.

?

Dixon or Afflalo?

1. Dixon

9.1%
  2. Afflalo

77.3%
  3. Don't care

13.6%
  1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Afflalo didn't play in the BOS game IIRC. Amir had a great 2nd half, and Stuck was OK. Struggled mightily is not exactly the wording to use.

Hayes is the one that seems to struggle against good teams, and i don't recall Diixon doing much against actual defense either.

Also the rookes are better players that our bench "veterans". Doesn't that count for anything? I'm not understanding the notion that Dixon/Hayes are solid playoff performers. They were both disregarded from their former teams for absolutely nothing, and couldn't breakthrough with mediocre players in front of them.

2. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

But the Pistons are 19-2 when Afflalo plays at least 16 minutes ....ahhhhh, nevermind. :outtahere:

3. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I'm sure flip knows what AA can and can't do but in a case of dixon flip tries to figure out is he suitable somewhere or not. If dixon fills - fine, if not - not a problem too.

4. Chandragupta

Chandragupta First Round Draft Pick

Dixon was a little rough tonight with the wild drives and poor passes, and his defense wasn't exactly holding up his offensive woes... pleh.

5. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

The only way to change a game is to be one of the greatest players ever - or Lindsey Hunter.

You heard it here first, folks.

Wait, what am I saying? Lindsey Hunter was approved of by several Detroit coaches - he is one of the greatest players ever!

6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

In normal circumstances that would be fine, but you give Flip too much credit. Your premise is accurate assuming a/ Flip knows what good players are and b/ Flip can figure out Dixon sucks. Both are very unlikely.

Also Afflalo is good, but another important factor of him being in the game is he keeps players that shouldn't be playing out. Afflalo may now wow some people, but he won't hurt the team either.

7. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

okay i might have to reverse my vote after tonight lol. dixon was definitely forcing tonight

8. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Dixon looks smoother, under control and has a better offensive game. His perimeter looks and finding open teammates is a direct result of most teams knowing his offensive game, thus giving him distance and he has the quickness to avoid traps (unlike CB).

During the playoffs, defensiveness is ratcheted up and AA becomes yet another intensity that is not feared for his offensive game. The same goes with Stuckey, who will not see openings for his offensive drives. The paint does not open up so easily. Stuckey is at least one year (most likely two) years of developing an overall game. He has terrible jump shot form. He has a lot of work ahead of him. AA is a better shooter, but seems to lack confidence.

Dixon should be the first guard off the bench. Solid and much need security pickup by JD.

9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You missed the 2004 playoffs? They have it on DVD, if you haven't seen it.

10. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

One of the "greatest players ever" may be in uniform on Friday:

According to McConduit's blog:
    http://info.detnews.com/redesign/blogs/pistonsblog/index.cfm?CFID=19760844&CFTOKEN=76419726

I like the quote that Lindsey had in the article: "Of course, you want to play whenever, but I understand the greater plan of this," Hunter said. "I'm fine with it."
    ...so all of you youth lovers out there, get ready to see more of your guys' minutes disappear.
    IMO: Dixon should be in street clothes.

11. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I doubt that. People were screaming for Lindsey's HEAD last season/playoffs. It was some of the most bashing I've seen of any of our players. I think we just have a tendency to be dissatisfied with what we have and yearn for what we don't have, and we adjust our recollections of the past accordingly. With that said, I like Lindsey a lot, but I wonder how much gas he has left in the tank.

12. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Well i don't recall being one of them. The only problem i have with Lindsey he sucks running the offense, but with Stuckey at PG, i'd be more than happy to put Hunter at the 2 and just have him hound the SG defensively (like AA would do). IMO, AA has the advantage on offense. He's great at running a fast break. But he's a "dreaded" rookie.

13. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Sure, but what does that have to do with preferring him to Dixon?

14. max

max All-Star

At this point I just don't see Lindsey rising from the grave and getting a spot in the rotation but we will see. If he all of a sudden starts playing in the last 10 games or so then we will know something is up for the playoffs.

I think this is a worthy topic. I was a bit surprised by the reaction when Dixon starting taking AA's mins but what else do we have to talk about between games.

I liked the chemistry AA had with the bench and why change a good thing? Seems like they have not been quit as good with Dixon but that could be due to other reasons. Dumars must have analyzed this and saw a need to bring in Dixon so we will see. Nice to see AA get some time in the last game.