1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

DMC or a chunk of wood?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by G-man, Dec 29, 2005.

1. congoman

congoman First Round Draft Pick

Let's hope Darko does not read this stuff...his self confidence is in the dumper as it is.

Remember Darko in the European Championships? He dominated Kristic. Kristic is killing the Pistons tonight. How do you think Darko feels about that?

2. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

A very interesting article in today's IBD (Investors Business Daily) about Nolan Ryan that may pertain to DMC.

Ryan who holds 50 major league records was 29 and 38 his first five years in the bigs, which are not very impressive numbers.

He was asked what changed if anything that made him such a success.

He said.

"Af first I didn't have that burning desire to play and accomplish things" he wrote in his autobiography, "Miracle Man".

What changed for Ryan? Traded to the Angels, he became a regular starter and used that opportunity to refine his mechanics. And he realized that he had a lot to learn about competing in the major leagues.

"Unitl I got focused, I was really never an effective pitcher," Ryan wrote.

Maybe that is what DMC needs, A trade to a lousy team where he can get 30 + minutes a game. (Remember Memo being so out of shape with Pistons he had trouble playing more than 20 plus minutes a game. Now as a starter for Utah he sometimes plays over 40 minutes a game).