1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

DMC trade thread is now open..

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by G-man, Jan 17, 2006.

1. G-man

G-man Starter

McCloskey's take on the Block of Wood guy,

"You watch him during the three-on-three scrimmages at the end of practice, and he's just going through the motions. Established veterans such as Dale Davis and Lindsey Hunter are playing these scrimmages like their lives are on the line, really competing hard. Milicic, meanwhile, mostly stands around the perimeter, jacking up three-point shots, not bothering to get inside and mix it up under the basket.

He just seems resigned to the fact he never will be able to play a meaningful role on this team, and he's simply biding his time until his contract runs out."

It's an expensive experiment to be watching. I'd love to see the Pistons trade this guy to Cleveland for the Jayhawkin Drew Gooden. It works straight up at RealGM (trade # 2832527).

Clevelands been floating Goodens name for a month. The Big Z's feet could give out at any moment. The DMC is really a set shooting sloth footed 3 inhabiting a 5's body, (which works in Cleveland) :eyebrows: .

He could maybe resurrect himself playing with LeBron and we'd get some inside game and bloody elbow pivots. Sign me up..

Who would you guys trade for DMC? If it doesn't work at RealGM tradechecker, leave it on the cutting room floor. It has to make sense for both teams. Pull up yur sleeves and deal..

PS Bring the trade number back with your proposals.

2. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

the problem is cleveland already has adryndivicus sp? who was touted last draft as a Darko 2.0

3. G-man

G-man Starter

K-that's just outright cruel....

K-the Cavs acquired the rights to Andriuskevicius from the Magic in for a second-round pick in the upcoming 2006 NBA Draft and two cents (cash).

No matter how anyone feels about DMC's level of effort and timing, you can't logically compare him to the slug above. THIS GUY is going no where. DMC has value. Question is how much and to whom for what makes for a mutually beneficial transaction..

4. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

I would love to get Devin Harris from Dallas. I'd even give up a pick to do it...

5. G-man

G-man Starter

C'mon #1. You know that cat is a point guard. You can't trade a Big for a point unless you have a plan beyond that. Which Guard do we move to make room for him and to where for who?

The only way you can make a trade like that anyway, cause of the salaries might be if they throw in Forward Josh Howard with Harris. That at least passes the tradechecker rule (2833048). Problem is what do we do with a PG and a SF, and why in Gods name would Cuban do a deal like that one? In this thread DMC has to go somewhere that works both ways. C'mon #1, Kpaav you guys got to bust a little sweat here..

6. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

We need to trade Darko and Arroyo in a deal to get a LEGIT backup PG. I'm talking a starter-calibur guy. Not a "pass-first" guy, not a "shooter", just a good basketball player. Like Chris Duhon, Earl Watson, Jameer Nelson, etc. I'm done with Arroyo and I'm done with Darko. Let's just get someone who we know can have a great impact on the team. Because it's clear that Flip doesn't trust Arroyo or Darko. We need someone who will defend and won't hold the ball forever on offense.

7. detteam

detteam All-Star

CB for 44 minutes yesterday seemed kinda strange. Flip don't trust 'the dribble'.

:confused: I think you're talking about Lindsey.

Darko's getting to the point where he's just considered trade packing material.

8. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

I was just throwing it out there, but we can get more realistic....

How bout D. Harris, M. Daniels & Diop for Darko, Arroyo, Maxiell + #1 pick (if we have to) or Delfino...

GM tradechecker 2833153

9. G-man

G-man Starter

Piston 1, now you're startin to cook. Can't make cake without breakin a few eggs, know what I mean..

FreshPrince, according to storytellers salary page, CA is pullin down $3,789,474 and DMC is snagging off the table $4,135,200 for a combined $7,924,674. Then you have the new within 25% rule, that ratchets the combined trade value up to $9,905,842.

Combining the two for Denvers PG Watson (reportedly in the blocks) works straight-up at realGM (2833213).

Means CA goes back out west to runnin-n-gunnin, DMC gets to see if the thinner Oxygen gets the blood flowing better and we get a legitimate little back-up PG that can maybe learn to play nicely in tandem with Hunter. (Now J-Max gets a few minutes..hmm)

Plus, sooner or later one of these Detroit coaches is going to figure out that using Tay for some sets each game at Point Forward will really cause some match-up problems...sheeesh..

10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

not maxiell man. how about darko for mark jackson?

11. G-man

G-man Starter

C'mon Himat, you need to pony up some mental gymnastics by running it through a RealGm check. Second it's a "lets move the DMC" thread. You want to push the guards, they gotta be a multi-player deal that includes the DMC. The deal has to work (make sense) for both teams.

http://www1.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/1/

12. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

ive tried like 12 trades and only had 1 work
    Arroyo and Evans for Hassel and Griffin
    I am going to try a few more but it is frustrating because the other team never meats the cap

13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i've tried griffin with harris that didn't work out. i wouldn't mind griffin, but would hassell do any good here?

14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

We've hit rock bottom...

15. clingman

clingman First Round Draft Pick

Watson is a fun player to watch, but he's way to undersized to be a valuable member to us in a playoff run. and 2 you want our back up PG making that kind of dough, what do you think the starters coming up for there paydays are going to ask if we throw money away like that. :frusty: with the way our bench players are making progress, why would we be in panic mode and make a trade like that.

16. himat

himat Bench Warmer

yeah i say wait a little, be patient it worked out in 04 we got the last piece at the deadline.

17. FreshPrince22

Carlos Arroyo and Darko Milicic
    ---for---
    Chris Duhon and Andres Nocioni

Duhon is the perfect championship team backup PG. He can defend like crazy, and he is a great floor leader. Plus he can knock down a few shots.

Nocioni is a great energy player. He is also buddies with Delfino from the Argentina national team. He can hit the three and just make plays. Delfino and Nocioni off the bench would be a phenomenal combination.

For Chi: They need a young big man desperately. They have absolutely no size up front. You know you're in trouble when you're starting Sweetney at Center and Nocioni at PF (which is what they were doing for a while). Chandler looks awful this year after getting that huge contract.

18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Darko Milicic trade ideas

Ron Artest for Darko Milicic and Carlos Arroyo
    The Trade ID for this scenario is 2833410.

Who wouldn't want to see two DPOY candidates play at the same time? Tayshaun needs someone to push him for minutes, and the Palace faithful have a *special* relationship with Ron.

Zaza Pachulia for Darko Milicic
    The Trade ID for this scenario is 2833426.

Zaza Pachulia is the focal point of all my Atlanta Hawk man love. One of the best offensive rebounders in the NBA, Zaza works the paint, gets to the line, and can still play with some Euro finesse. Plus, he's only a little older than Darko and under a 4 year deal.

Eric Williams and Maurice Peterson for Darko Milicic and Carlos Arroyo
    The Trade ID for this scenario is 2833439.

Toronto would like this because Mike James becomes a tradeable asset. Eric Williams wants out, but can play a poor man's point forward and rotate all the way to spot Power forward in a pinch. Plus he's playoff tested. Mo is having his finest season IMO. He's durable, he's been defending well and he's off the books soon.

Toronto would probably have to throw in a lottery protected #1 pick to make this tasty. It all comes down to Joe D's salesmanship skills.

Jason Hart and Bonzi Wells for Darko Milicic and Carlos Arroyo
    The Trade ID for this scenario is 2833454.

I'm not really an expert on Jason Hart, but he does have the p-word going for him. No, not pimp. POTENTIAL. Wells was leading the Kings in rebounding, not afraid to get dirty in the paint and swings very nicely between 2 and 3 depending upon matchup needs. The only catch is that we don't get size back. But Wells does come off the books this year, giving Joe plenty of room to re-sign Ben and pursue some FA possibilities.

Again, this trade probably warrants a pick coming Detroit's way.

Darko Milicic for Boris Diaw and James Jones
    The Trade ID for this scenario is 2833463.

Ok, Boris Diaw is French. Don't hold that against him. He's a poor man's Grant Hill. He can play 1 thru 4, he's young and he's very athletic. Plus, his english is pretty bad so Delfino will have someone to chat with on the bench if Darko goes. James Jones is an up and comer. A scorer who can shoot the long ball. Since Detroit basketball has changed to a more jump shooting oriented attack, it makes sense to pursue young shooters like Jones.

Entering the Trade ID to display a scenario is simple. Just visit realgm.com, enter the Trade ID into the provided box on the left hand side then press go.

19. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i hate nocioni. i wouldn't mind duhon. duhon and another bigman.

20. FreshPrince22

You hate him because he's not on our team. You'd love him if he was a Piston. That applies to almost everyone except players who flat out suck. You think you would like Rasheed if he was on a different team? Or how about Laimbeer back in the day if he was on a different team? You'd hate them. The fact is, Nocioni is a good player who can help us.

As for "another bigman". The Bulls don't have any big men that we can really use. We are set at PF, and they don't have any centers. The point of this deal for Chicago is to get a Center. Remember, trades have to work for both teams.