DMC trade thread is now open..

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by G-man, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Maverick

Maverick First Round Draft Pick

Im really Likeing the..
    C.A and DMC
    for
    Duhon and Nocioni

trade.. would add even more defense and toughness to this team :P
  2. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

Here is mine, This one works on RealGM as well. Trade number 2833583.

Outgoing from Detroit, Darko Milicic and Carlos Delfino for Malik Allen and Luol Deng. This works for Detroit because it gives Detroit a potential 6th man of the year candidate in Deng who is a very strong defender and a serviceable bigman in Allen. For Chicago it fills up their need for some size up front and it gives them a talented young swingman to help ease the loss of the promising young Deng.
  3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Re: Darko Milicic trade ideas

i already tried pachulia and that wouldn't work out.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

And how...

I think folks either missed or have forgotten how HATED Bill Laimbeer (and the Bad Boys in general) were around the NBA. Laimbeer was almost like how Artest is viewed in Detroit when the Bad Boys would go on the road.
  5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i'd wait and see what delfino can do for us.
  6. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

This is our best chance IMO

Darko and ME or Delfino for Gerald Wallace.

This gives us Wallace X 3. Instant point production, and DPOY type talent. In return it gives Bobcats a true center where Emeka can stay at the 4 and ME as their new three.

My second choice would be Darko and Evans or Delfino for Josh Smith and Josh Childress. This would give us Wallace X 2, Dos Los and "The Josh's".

7. roscoe36

Did you try my trade ID?
  8. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

uhhh... yea. I don't think we have to worry about this one.

Zaza is one of the best offensive rebounders because he gets a lot of his own misses. 42% from the field from a center who doesn't shoot with a whole lot of range is pretty awful. He is also on a poor offensive team. Overall, he's probably a fine offensive rebounder, but his stats are heavily padded by all the opportunities. BTW, he's older than his Bio says. I've talked to a few international BBall fans that say his birth certificate was fudged to help his draft status. I would still probably consider this though.

We need a PG back if we're trading Arroyo. Mo pete isn't bad, but I really don't think this makes us any better right now. Especially with Delfino and Mo Evans rounding into shape. This would be a move just to make a move.

Not bad. I like Bonzi. That would be a significant enough upgrade over Evans to make it worth it. The problem is that Bonzi is an expiring contract. Is it worth it for a 1/2 year rental?

Yea, we can dream. But Brian Colangelo would laugh in our face an hang up the phone. Both players have been phenomenal for them, and a big part of their success without Amare. And just think... Diaw was going to be a throw in in the Harrington/Darko deal. Makes me want to cry.
  9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

never mind micro. that would be a nice trade though he's a nice young player. that would be a really nice pick up.
  10. detteam

detteam All-Star

wooah!!! What a can a worms this thread opened up! LOL!!!

Anyone up for a 3-way? NO, not that kind! 4 teams allowed on the trade checker...let's broaden our horizons a bit...ehh?
  11. FreshPrince22

2 deals.... Both are necessary for it to work....

1. Darko for Earl Watson.
    2. Arroyo and Evans (and the T-Wolves pick if needed) for Shane Battier

For us: Earl Watson and Shane Battier have Piston DNA. Both can shoot with range, both can defend (Shane is a phenomenal defender), and both bring great intangibles. Both are still pretty young and are locked up for a while (no expiring contracts to worry about re-signing).

For Memphis: With Damon out for the season (And Bobby Jackson on and off health-wise) they are desperate for a point guard. They get a PG who has starting experience and Evans who can help fill Battier's void.

For Denver: With Camby, Nene, and K-Mart all in and out of the lineup with injuries, they are depleted up front. This give them some help in that regard. Their GM (Kiki) was also one of those guys that was very high on Darko. Plus, Earl Watson was only signed there because they though they were moving Andre Miller for a Shooting Guard (Paul Pierce) over the summer.
  12. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i tried on realgm for battier. i didn't think memphis would trade him anyway, but you make a great point about them needing a pg. battier would be very nice.
  13. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Chris McCosky

I dont believe a word that McCosky says about Darko, he blames Darko for Larry leaving, and hasn't said one nice thing about him. If Darko was so bad, he'd be gone by now, a la Rodney White.

Don't believe McCosky, he's just trying to get Darko traded. I haven't heard one bad word concerning Darko from other Pistons. And if McCosky has this great eye for judging practices, don't you think he might have written about Delfino being better than we've seen? I guess he missed that.
  14. FreshPrince22

Yea, it's a bit of a strech, but I'm banking on Jerry West getting desperate for a PG. Ya never know, I guess.
  15. himat

himat Bench Warmer

that would be a big steal for us. he's smart, and can do he does almost everything good on the court. he's a good leader too.
  16. G-man

G-man Starter

The issues are does it make sense?
    Does the team you're looking at have a matching need?
    Is there a 3rd or 4th team that you can work into the mix?

Just from the salary standpoint, you have to start by using the salary information available on differents sites to compare the teams payrolls.
    Use this one; http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

Then scour the rumors sites to see is in play (rumored up for trade)
    http://www.hoopshype.com/rumors.htm
    http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nba/nbarumors.html
    http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/NBA_SC-RUMOR
    http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap/

Then make sure you understand Team Depth Charts, cause any deal you're trying work has to take the charts into consideration.

http://www.hoopshype.com/depth_charts.htm
    http://www.sportsline.com/nba/depth-charts
  17. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I will take Zaza Pachulia from Atlanta. It appears that Woodson wouldn't mind taking Darko off Joe's hands.
  18. roscoe36

Re: Chris McCosky

That's irrelevant. We're trying to figure out what can be acquired by moving Darko + pieces. It's an exercise is understanding other team's needs and who is on the block. Kinda like a pop quiz on NBA personnel.
  19. G-man

G-man Starter

Jason Hart and Bonzi Wells for Darko Milicic and Carlos Arroyo
    The Trade ID for this scenario is 2833454.

I'm not really an expert on Jason Hart, but he does have the p-word going for him. No, not pimp. POTENTIAL. Wells was leading the Kings in rebounding, not afraid to get dirty in the paint and swings very nicely between 2 and 3 depending upon matchup needs. The only catch is that we don't get size back. But Wells does come off the books this year, giving Joe plenty of room to re-sign Ben and pursue some FA possibilities.

Again, this trade probably warrants a pick coming Detroit's way.

"Not bad. I like Bonzi. That would be a significant enough upgrade over Evans to make it worth it. The problem is that Bonzi is an expiring contract. Is it worth it for a 1/2 year rental?" FP22

Interesting. Wells would free up 8M in payroll next summer. That's no small factor. If You're Dumars the issue is whether the players you're trading really have any long term legs on your roster to start with, It's as much about the flexibility the money can buy as it is the talent the money is already buying. Plus you get Hart and the future pick..hmm

20. FreshPrince22

We won't have cap space for years to come, no matter what we do. At most we'll have the MLE. So, unless Mr. D's willingness to let Dumars use the MLE is riding on that $8M, then the cap relief is useless to us.