DMC trade thread is now open..

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by G-man, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

here is a deal that i just tried not quite sure what happened though everyone involveds team outlook was negative.

here it is though a 3 team deal with houston denver and detroit

detroit gets swift and watson and hodge
    denver gets alston sura and evans
    houston gets darko lenard and arroyo

another1 but i will let you guys decide who goes where 2834060.
  2. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Re: Chris McCosky

Misread the thread, TRADE thread, got it, how bout Darko for Shane? We get another undersized forward, and Memphis gets 2 athletic 7 footers in Pau and Darko?

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Re: Chris McCosky

Bitter, so very bitter.

I don't think Memphis will trade one of their best defenders for Darko. If Darko thinks LB was tough, wait until he plays for Mike Fratello.
  4. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

I'm IN!:nod: Hatter specials, in no particular order:

1) Darko and Arroyo to Denver for E. Watson and Nene. 2834248.:eyebrows: :nod:

2) Darko and Arroyo to Milwakee for J. Magloire. 2834250.:nod:

3) Darko and D. Davis to Dallas for E. Dampier. 2834253.:nod:

4) Darko and Arroyo to Lakers for D. George, A. Bynum, S. Parker. 2834276.:eyebrows: :nod:

5) Darko and Arroyo to Orlando for T. Battie, J. Nelson, S. Augmon.:nod:

Kinda hard to justify why the other teams would do this although a lil salesmanship should be all it takes. Just my selfish motives. :nod: :eyebrows: :laugh:
  5. Mad Hatter

One more. Thinking BIG (as in Blockbuster) this time.

Darko, Dice, Arroyo, Davis, and Evans to Minny for Kevin Garnett. 2834311. :nod: :eyebrows: :laugh:
  6. G-man

G-man Starter

Hatter, swinging for the fences...:)

"We will give our huddled masses for 3 more championships"

I want to be a fly on the wall when Dumars makes the call to McHale, at McHales end...:heh:

(Though that #5 deal with the Magic that brings Augmon back to Detroit made my stomach knot up a bit)
  7. Mad Hatter

Fear not G-Man! Augmon was just added to make the numbers work. We can cut him and let somebody else pick him up for their stretch run.
  8. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

i hate nocioni because he threw that elbow at tayshaun. and i wouldn't say he is tough. i'd say he is just rough.

anyway, my trade is as follows, although i'm not sure if there are any rules that would stop this going through. someone wisen me up if so.

Detroit
    Darko Milicic --> Atlanta
    Carlos Arroyo --> Dallas

Atlanta
    Marvin Williams --> Dallas
    Zaza Pachulia --> Detroit

Dallas
    Devin Harris --> Detroit
    Marquis Daniels --> Atlanta

9. SKluck

SKluck First Round Draft Pick

Dallas has absolutely no reason to do that trade. Give away Harris for Arroyo? Not a chance in the world. Daniels for Williams isn't likely either because of how crap Mr #2 is. Plus you never see deals between contenders, its just way too much of a risk.
  10. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

Hey, I like that trade. Maybe Atl throws a 2nd rounder and Det throws in a 1st or 2nd round pick, that might make it more realistic...
  11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Wassup peeps, soak on this one:

Washington / Detroit
    Darko, Arroyo, & Mo Evans to Washington

Jared Jeffries, Antonio Daniels, & Jarvis Hayes to Detroit.

Trade #2839464.

Wash gets the size upfront and a Pure run/gun PG, and gritty bench player in Mo.

We get a tough veteran, defensive backup PG that can step in as a starter if needed in AD. We get a BONAFIED SF to rest Tay that can defend, post up, rebound and handle the rock, with a decent outside shot in Jeffries. This allows us to have defensive 2nd unit that can rebound, then you have Hayes to come in and stroke 'em for spot duty.

This is the perfect trade for both teams.

I CHALLENGE ANYONE TO REFUTE THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Trade DMC & Arroyo for Jake Tskladis( Aka Shaq stopper) out of Memphis & a conditional 1st round pick. Pick up Chucky Atkins for one season, let him win the Ship with us, show off his skills for another team to give him a long-term contract next year.
  13. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Following G-man's criteria for "making sense" from all teams perspective... I will propose a 4 team trade that meets each teams needs.

I've been against trading Darko unless we could bring in a young replacement at his position.

Atlanta

Outgoing:
    Al Harrington
    Tony Delk (exp)

Incoming:
    Nene
    Arroyo
    Lenard (exp)

Why for Atlanta?
    They can promise Nene a starting position and match all ofers this summer... Nene & Pachulia give them size and athletisism at PF/C
    Arroyo gives them a much needed distributer for their young wing players... he replaces their two expiring PG's and is signed for 2 1/2 years at a reasonable price.... They can now give Marvin Williams some PT.
    Lenard's contract helps them re-sign Nene.

L.A. Clippers

Outgoing:
    Magette
    Wilcox

Incoming:
    Harrington
    Delk (exp)
    Denver 1st round pick

Why for the Clips?
    They are loaded at PF/C... they needs size and strength at SF right now for their playoff run... Magette is hurt and Dunleavy questions his BB IQ.
    They can promise Harrington a starting position next year... Delk's expiring contract makes it easier to re-sign Harrington.

Denver

Out going:
    Nene
    Watson
    Lenard (exp)
    1st round pick

Incoming:
    Darko
    Magette

Why for Denver?
    They are looking for size and long term potential... Nene is a FA this summer and they will lose him (can't promise starter PT)
    Kiki was high on Darko (tried trading up to get him)... Darko can get some PT while Camby goes through his injury... Darko could be their long term Center as Camby is older than Detroit's big 3.
    Magette is exactly what they need at SG/SF to go with their up-tempo game... they can afford to wait for his return with Buckner/Miller playing some SG for now.

Detroit

Outgoing:
    Darko
    Arroyo

Incoming:
    Watson
    Wilcox

Why for Detroit?
    Wilcox is tough inside and is much more polished than Darko at this stage. He can play PF/C and his contract time table would fit into the Pistons eventually replacing one of their big three... Wilcox can help right now if needed. Protection against injury in a playoff run.
    Watson is the hard nosed defender... better shooter with range than Arroyo... also a good setup man
    The Pistons may be able afford to monitor Delfino and Evans progress at least until next summer.... one of those guys could still be our answer for a long term backup SG/SF.

Trade ID 2839862
  14. DaviaG-Rap

DaviaG-Rap First Round Draft Pick

HURRRAYYYYY. Mercury you get the prize. You are the only poster in this entire thread to propose an intelligent and acceptable trade. Everyone else, you can learn a thing or two from this man.
  15. G-man

G-man Starter

Merc gets a cupie doll...

[​IMG]
  16. max

max All-Star

Whatever happends I would like to get a future 1st rounder out of the deal.

TNT confirmed that Detroit is now listening to trade offers for Darko.
  17. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Yeah that was interesting... Aldridge sources are solid.
    For that matter most of the subs looked good for the national audience... improving their stock.
  18. max

max All-Star

Yes, Even Darko in spite of the usual awful defense. Kind of interesting when the whole round table pretty much declared Darko a bust. Barkley did have a good point in how Darko should have improved more practicing with both Wallace's.

I am waiting. Its going to happen and hopefully Dumars can get a good deal out of it.
  19. Griffin

Griffin First Round Draft Pick

There's no sense - NO SENSE - in making a trade this season.

This Piston team is in perfect shape for a championship run.

My feeling is that making a deal THIS SUMMER is the way to go. We get that crown back in June, reload in July, come back fresh in November. This would help rejuvenate the team for another brutal title defense.

Two Exceptions:

#1. We're made an offer we can't refuse. But even this is trickier than it sounds. For instance, I would love having Al Harrington here; I think having a talent like his is enough to dull the pain of missing out on Wade / Bosh / Anthony / Hinrich...etc. But where does someone like Harrington fit on this team? This guy's a starter. He won't be happy with 20 minutes a game. It's too much of a good thing. Bad for chemistry.

#2. Someone convinces me that DMC's market value will hit a sharp decline sooner than later.

I think the bench could be a little stronger. But we don't need an all star off the bench to win the title. Big Daddy Rich said something about Hoiberg the other day. To me, that's an interesting suggestion. A pure shooter off the bench who knows the system, wouldn't bother any chemistry. I don't know how we make a roster spot, unless we trade DMC for picks. Then we sign Hoiberg for the rest of the season. We're set. :thumb:
  20. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

There is not a lot of precedent for trading a high lottery pick after his third year and receiving any tangible value.

Your reasoning is sound but DMC's value will not get higher as the end of his contract approaches. Teams would be essentially trading for the right to match a RFA offer and having the bird rights to compete above the cap.

So unless a team thinks that Darko is a surefire contributor and is willing to make a long term commitment at the time of the trade, his value does indeed decrease. No way JD gets much back for an expiring DMC contract.

I posted about this scenario a while back. Joe might actually have to include MORE value in the deal to get something worthwhile back, because DMC's stock is lower now than it has ever been before.