DMC trade thread is now open..

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by G-man, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Griffin

Griffin First Round Draft Pick

So we are in a predicament. Just as I feared...

Steer us through the foggy night, Joe & John, or else all is lost.
  2. DaviaG-Rap

DaviaG-Rap First Round Draft Pick

Listening to offers is WAY different than shopping a player. It just means that if someone can put a package together for DMC that blows Joe D's socks off, he may just do what's best for the team and Darko.
  3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I'll agree that we shouldn't trade DMC for the sake of moving dead wood...I'm sure there are teams looking at this years draft & FA class thinking that DMC is worth the risk.

I'm starting to think that Darko is afraid of the contact down low... makes ya wonder if DD is beating up on him...
    The tipping point in my eyes was in the Boston game ... stick man Prince was driving in on Boston's bigs... Blount went to help... leaving Darko alone under the basket for the offensive rebound.
    What does he do?... he takes a step backwards instead of getting in the mix underneath.... the meek lion bowed out of the fight for the prey.
    I'm not sure the hunger exist... he should seek out contact instead of shy away from it.
    I will say that he got himself in position to get a tip yesterday (positive step)... albeit against much smaller guys.

It's not like we're hurting to make a trade... but is this kid ever gonna act like his future his at stake?
  4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Maybe he was looking for an Alley Op over the basket.
  5. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Is this a rumour

A soldier in my office who is from Chicago received a call from a friend back home stating that Detroit is getting Ben Gordan and Chicago receives a number 1 pick.

Has anyone..........heard this trade rumor.

If this is true I would truly be ecstatic. I hate rumors.
  6. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Re: Is this a rumour

I heard that it was Darko for Ben Gordon, but that was from the Detnews forum, probably nothing to it.
  7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Re: Is this a rumour

i heard on 1130 that there was another trade that was open along with the orlando one, but i didn't listen to who the team was.

I'd go for it because darko will have a much better situation in chicago who is a rebuilding team. the pistons know that gordon can help now, and he's young.