Do the Pistons have the most useless bench in the league?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Winless Wonders, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

I think he already is and we have already seen it. I'm paraphrasing here cause I can't remember the exact quote, and I am sure a number of you saw this, but on the night the Pistons were eliminated, at the press conference, a reporter asked him if he deserved to be back as coach. Let's just say it was apparent to all that his answer lacked confidence. The announcer even mentioned it. His lack of confidence was because he knows he is under the microscope and failed miserably. He doesn't have to admit to me that he made mistakes. His body language alone already admitted it to me.
  2. max

max All-Star

Yes but He is really really going to be watched next season. To the point where if he plays a starter 2 mins more than he should have he will get a call after the game.

At least thats the impression I got.
  3. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    If that's the case, he's a lame duck coach for the next season. How can you coach when the strategy is being mandated from above? It looks like Bill D. really really doesn't want to buy another coach out and instead Joe is giving Flip instructions on how to do his job rather than hiring someone else. Also, I would assume that Pistons don't want to come across as a team that keeps firing head coaches for various reasons because they'll have hard time bringing someone else in when they really want to.