Do u agree with this post?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Wallaceville, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Wallaceville

Wallaceville Second Round Draft Pick

"I still can't believe this stucky talk about him being a pg is serious. I 1st thought it was a joke from the pistons front office just cuz they didn't have a pg under contract at the time of drafting 3 sg.

He physically can play the point but then again he can't(i know that doesnt make sense). To compare him to a nba player would be Ben Gordon & Joe Johnson. At the college level they could play a little pg there&then but on the nba level they make way to many mistakes. Stucky is strictly a scorer, his D & passing will always be suspect & if you let him play the point it would be a 1 man show.

It's like letting your crackhead cousin drive your car. You know he can drive it but the possible consequences are not worth the risk.

And now we went from letting go of delfino - that was getting out of his young&dumb years - for 2 2nd rd picks 2/4 years from now, to not being able to sell our bid to grant hill, to being outbidded by utah for mopete, to having a unproven player(sammy or aaron I guess) back-up tay that looked like he was mentally burned out after the chicago series. With Saunders choosing from playing tay 40min a game or trusting a rookie it will be tay 40min a game 9 times out of ten. So expect tay to can't wait for the off-season so he can rest. Hes going to give a half-ass effort in the post season.

I guess I'm pissed off cuz I noticed something today. Joed is trying to be title contenders & rebuild this team at the same time. I think our players aren't the only ones with a ego. It goes all the way to management. I have a better chance of hitting the lotto than joed pulling this off. Every time a gm tries this it blows up in his face in 2-5 years. You slowly decline till your a mediocre team. Then you truly rebuild from scratch wasting those years getting knocked out of the 1,2, & 3rd rds.

I just don't see us winning a title having our core burned out by the 2nd rd. Today the pistons have NO center, no legit backup pg, no legit backup sg(unless stucky has a breakout rookie year), no legit backup sf, 4 legit PF, & Flip Saunders that I wouldnt let coach a ymca pickup game.

Next year johnson, stucky, maxiell will be better but billups will lose another step, sheed almost to his breaking point, hamilton you dont have to worry about, & tay I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled a barry sanders retiring before his prime.

It's far more funner watching a team build up than it is to watch it decline losing in the playoffs year after year..

Hopefully joeD will make a trade that surprises the hell out of me & put me back on that genius bandwagon of his."

At first I thought this guy is just a :gun1:hater:gun1: but the more I think about it he might be right. Do you agree with the stucky & title/rebuilding part:confused:

2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

It seems like this was quoted. Where did this come from?

I disagree with the whole thing. Not a PG? How can you tell?? One summer league game? Billups wasn't much of a floor general when he came into the league. He may bust or shine. who can tell yet.

As far as rebuilding, to quote my english teacher: you have no idea what you are talking about.

3. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I don't share your concern because compared to other GMs Joe has a great track record. I just read Randy Hill's article on FoxSports about GMs in the NBA and he makes the point that very few GM's who were HOF players have a good eye for talent.

FOX Sports on MSN - NBA - Former players challenged to find talent

We have seen one summer league game so the Honeymoon stage has just barely begun.

4. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I'm a skeptic about the current roster, but would not hold the above position based on JDs track record. Besides, I still believe in Flip Saunders............................ok, I said it............

5. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

[​IMG]
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

6. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Maybe I should change my avatar..............

7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

:pound: That's great. Invasion of the body snatchers. Point them out!!!

8. max

max All-Star

I have noticed a certain dammed if you do and dammed if you don't crowd. The same people complaining about a lack of vets off the bench would be the same ones complaining about a lack of youth if Dumars had traded those picks and spent the full MLE on a vet.

All I can say is that its not over yet. We are not even out of the FA signing period yet.

9. Hobbs

Hobbs First Round Draft Pick

We definitely need to make a move or two to be legit contenders, but removing Stuckey from the primary backup guard spot isn't necessarily one of them.

I'm entirely comfortable saying Stuckey is the best backup pg we've had since James/Atkins. He'll make some mistakes, but so what? He'll do a lot of positive things too.

We need at least one quality new starter at center and could really use a shakeup at another starting spot to alter the chemistry.

10. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Can we sign up LB to tutor Stuckey? We'd have another star PG on our hands.
    :MusicBigGrin:

11. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Doesn't that pretty much describe the situation we endured through last season. I don't think we faired too badly, considering.

12. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

We still have holes we need to fill which is apparent, center, SF and SG.

Got to build that bench. I am enamored with Afflalo who may in fact backup the SG & SF spot. Don't sleep on this guy folks.

I have less hope for Stuckey and believe that he is a year or two away from being good. I would toss Meijia into the ring also. These guys however, must get used to the 82 game grind, then again we may be pleasantly surprised how they will adapt to the NBA environment. Other first year players have been known to grasp it easily and readily.

I am all for playing the younguns especially JMax & AJ. But, we still need to shore up that Center spot and SG/SF unless Joe plan on demanding Flip play the Rookie.

Flip couldn't play a 2 year player in JMax for consistent/significant minutes, heres to hoping.

13. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think that the problem comes when we can't find a happy balance between the 2.

An older club has experience on their said, but also has a short shelf life, a small window of opportunity. Once it closes, it's "rebuilding" time. An older club has no where to go but down. They've reached their peak and is in the decline.

A young team will be around for a long time, but hasn't reached their peak yet. What they lack in experience they make up for in energy.

Combining the 2 gives you the best of both worlds. Obviously it's much easier said than done though. I think Joe D has done a decent job of trying to balance the two, but where he (and/or his coaches) fails is in giving the young guys their chance (playing time) and not trusting them to perform.

We've been spoiled as Pistons fans. Five straight ECFs. That's tough to live up to and even tougher to sustain. I get the impression from both Joe and Flip (much more so from Flip) that they're afraid that playing the young guys more will ruin what they've got going.

But if they don't develop the young guys now, they'll be forced to develop when the older guys become retired guys at which point it's far too late to think about sustaining anything because you're then in a full blown rebuilding mode.

I just really don't think it's as black and white as "Win Now" vs. "Win Later". I want both and I believe it's entirely possible to have just that.

14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Don't agree with post at all. Rueben will be here soon and all will be better, you'll see.

15. Tyskillz

Tyskillz First Round Draft Pick

Frankly, he11 now I don't agree with this post! You already judged the convicted the kid as guilty before being proven innocent or not!
    Actually I don't see how the kid can do any worse than hunter or murray since he is likely a bit more gifted than them. I don't think Stuckey is the 2nd coming of Zeke or even Dumars but he no doubt has the skills to be our backup pg... Even as an alleged combo guard.

16. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

So Palace management is adding a new Deli sandwich to the menu. I never really cared too much for the Rueben myself.

[​IMG]

Visual Recipes - The Perfect Reuben Sandwich Recipe

:hoops:

17. max

max All-Star

Buhhah - Is that somekind of a before and after picture?
    Yea - don't eat there. I don't eat there unless its the only option.

Hang in there guys. All that talk about re thinking the team was not just talk. Dumars is planning something. Its not poor manangement that we are stocked in some positions and lacking in others.

18. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
  19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Why is it on cloth?
    -
    WallaceV. Most here think JD is the man - IJDWT - in Joe Dumars we trust. We expect better and the last two CFs have left all of us scratching our heads.
    All the Twitch understands is scoring. Stucky should be a nice-more effective FlipM. If CB runs the half court O. Brining Stucky in should be a nice change of pace. And no more WillyB. I think Affalo is a mini Tay.