Do we even miss Darko and Arroyo?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Right on! I sure wouldn't want a player on my team who drove a car with tinted windows. I don't know if my windows are too dark, but I guess a number two NBA draft pick should have known. I do think he should have sent in a check (not Czec) to pay the tickets, if he understands that stuff. I never have heard of anyone else who was arrested for a few parking tickets, but so it goes.

Remember back a while when a Detroit area police officer handcuffed Bob Lanier to his car door handle before he would give him a speeding ticket?

And how does that lead to bringing the usage recreational drugs into the same sentence? I keep hearing about all this night life, drinking, smoking, girls, and all that but never have heard anyone prove it. Until they do, he gets a pass from me. I know, I saw that picture on one of the sites, but I think most everyone has been caught in a picture with our eyes half closed, without being drunk.
  2. jetscreamer

jetscreamer First Round Draft Pick

That is hard to match in any sport. If we could combine Ben and Darko DNA in a good way that would be Wilt Chamberlain except foul shooting. Interestingly enough Orlando is suggesting they may trade their # 1 pick. Why? high dollar plus limited minutes equal disgruntled player and low ROI.
  3. lazyberbs

Jetscreamer, my take on the trading of their pick is that they would like a more experienced player to fit in with all the young talent. They are talking about not wanting still another new guy to try to work into the system. If Grant would be healthy enough, that would solve that problem but who knows?

Also, Teja would fit into that category. They need a good shooting 2/3 with a good three point capability. Sound familiar? They are also talking up Paul Pierce but he might want the ball too much. And I have never taken to him too much. Might be because he is a Celtic. Like Lambs, other teams hated him, but if he was on their team, he would have been great.
  4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

It would be a good year for the Magic to trade their pick (low talent pool up top)... it would not be good for the Pistons though... we don't want them adding an established vet to a nice young core the year we get their pick.
    I have a strong feeling that G Hill's contract will be moved this summer... they were hinting that Grant may not be happy with the youthful direction the team is taking.

The Tragic's management has every motivation to win next year...tenuous job security... no pick next year...(unless top 5).
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Speaking of which, did you hear the story about him returning to Serbia and handing out NBA gear to strippers at a Gentleman's Club? That is by far my favorite story.

Yeah, I'm with you. I still don't believe that they landed on the moon. Or in the power of compound interest.
  6. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah the whole moon thing has never been proven. I'm thinking it's a hoax too. And Darko partying, smoking, getting sunburned, getting busted for tinted windows? ? Until I see it I won't believe it...and even then I would be doubtful.
  7. lazyberbs

What ???????? :eek:

Who ????? :confused:

WE landed men on the moon ????????? :usa2:

WOW !!!!!! :fingerscr

I hadn't heard that. :laugh:
  8. whiskytangofoxtrot

whiskytangofoxtrot Second Round Draft Pick

Smoking? Drinking? Carousing with WOMEN?

This is what got Darko into trouble, in DETROIT??!!

Geez, a 20yr old NBA Basketball player who avgs. 1.5 minutes a GAME has lost his focus and is catting around town some...........

Wilt Chamberlain would've bought him a round, fer cryin out loud.

Here in Orlando, we'll TAKE him, we'll PLAY him, and we LOVE him. All this negative stuff I've been reading about him on these forums is all based on speculation, not his play. Why he never got a chance to get court time in 'troit is a mystery to me, but mark these words......

Alot of Pistons fans are gonna live long enough to regret seeing Darko in a Magic uni.
  9. basketbills

Even if Darko does pan out to become the next Zaza Pachulia ...I'm sure he won't reach the Chauncey(why did the Magic let him go) or Ben(why did the Magic let him go) or T-Mac level. The Magic administration doesn't exactly have a track record of great moves. Thanks for the Championship.
  10. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

And a new Lee was born in Orlando.
  11. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

oh snap! :laugh: you could say similar things to washington too :)
  12. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

the Magic let Chauncey go?
  13. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

management can certainly learn from thier mistakes. i think orlando made the best moves of this season. they will be a contender in 3 years. they will even make some noise in the playoffs next year. they can really bring in some talent with g. hill fat expiring contract.

you are also wrong about darko. he will reach a t-mac, j o'neal, ben wallace level. he's 20 years old don't forget that. if orlando ran the offense through him and gave him 30 minutes. he's be a 15, 8 and 3 player this season. he has all the tools to be great not just good. joe d got duped on this trade. he will be most improved player next year. he will be an all star in 3 years.
  14. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

he'll be a 15/8/3 player this season? this season's already over and he's definitely not 15/8/3. by the way dalembert routinely get 10+ boards a game, shoots a high percentage, and blocks a ton of shots - but that doesn't make him tim duncan.
  15. basketbills

Ok...we've got the second coming of Rodney White here. The funny thing is I think most of the fans on this forum would also be fans of Darko if it wasn't for the guys like you bball. You go to such an extreme in your player worship. Guaranteeing greatness and making statistical mountains out of his modest statistical molehills that you turn everyone against him.

I guess it's your one claim to fame in forum land and your going to stick with it?
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Here is where Darko is settling in using his Orlando stats.

League leaders in FG%
    1) Shaq
    2) Curry
    3) Darko (.546)
    4) Parker

He's 3rd in the league!

48 minute stats for the man-
    FGA- 14.9
    Points- 18
    Boards- 9.8
    Assists- 2.7
    Steals- 0.9
    Blocks- 4.8

How can you fault Darko when he is that efficient? And after watching a number of his games with Orlando, it is obvious that his biggest contribution to the team is that the other team avoids the paint when he is down there.

It seems to me that they should probably try a little harder to run their offense through him.
  17. basketbills

Dang...Darko is right behind Eddie Curry in a statistical category? I guess he is going to be an AllStar in 3 years.
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

BBJ you're wrong about Darko, he'll be top 5 vote getter next year and may make the allstar game. 07-08 for sure.
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Hopefully they list Darko as a Forward so that he doesn't take Ben's spot next year.
  20. basketbills

Darko can actually play all five positions. I think he could probably make the 48 minute All Star squad at point guard even, if they give him some playing time next year.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.