Do you "HATE!" LeBron??

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I hate the preferential treatment he's getting in the league.
    I hate the nauseating competition between TV announcers about who can crawl up LeBron's jockstrap the fastest.
    I hate the juvenile self-rightous behavior that goes on off the court.

However,
    I am always amazed by his talent and the things that he can do on the court.

As a person, I do feel sorry for him.

2. G-man

G-man Starter

hate is bad mojo compadre.

i might detest certain attributes as they aggravate me during given moments but hate for hatings sake? can't get my arms around it.

lebron is lebron. after dallas - aint that enough?

3. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

No, I do not.

4. max

max All-Star

Instead of hate ask yourself - do you even want him playing in this league?

Prior to this year I would have preferred that he just went away to be honest. But now I am actually enjoying him in this new role in Miami. Win, lose or draw the LBJ Heat have added some entertainment to the league. And Lebron is who he is and that may not ever change.

5. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree with this quote from Bill Simmons (I am really enjoying his new website, by the way):

And I don't agree with the next sentence, but I think it's probably true.

NBA Finals poker with the Dallas Mavericks and Miami Heat: An 8 always beats a 3 - Grantland

6. max

max All-Star

Did people ever really root for him? There has always been that resentment over the chosen one label for me. A sport that we followed for years and years then some clown comes along claiming to be the "King". And the media with the perception that he was the most beloved althlete of all time.

They should be asking themselvs why people were so ready to dislike him.

7. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Of course they did, he was the media darling. The media is the one that crowned him "King James" if you actually remember the genesis of the nickname. He simply ran with it. There were a handful of fans of smaller market teams (like the Pistons) who resented the coverage he got over their teams, but that's typical of most superstars.

As soon as he wins a championship, says a nice quote or two, the media will turn more positive in his favor and so will the perception of LeBron. Bron's just the latest victim of the "Build you up to tear you down" the national sports media tends to participate in. Many will pretend like he's a changed man (maybe he will be?) but in the end all they want is for the guy touted as the next great thing to win. Winning cures all.

Plus when it really comes down to it, no one really cares about Cleveland.

8. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Of course he'll be popular again. The media will make sure of that, just like McDonald's and Tide detergent sell...so will LeBron.

Personally...I have no interest in his career, unless he came to play for the Pistons because the new hard salary cap causes him to leave Miami. Actually...that would make that Cleveland owner pretty upset...:pound:

9. max

max All-Star

They ( the league ) is making way more money off LBJ the bad than they did from LBL the good. This may be bad for LBJ's pocket book but its great for the ratings.

10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yeah. This. ^

When I first saw the title of this thread I was thinking 'Whoa. The word hate seems awfully harsh and powerful". I was wondering if I ever used that word when discussing him. I probably did at some point. But didn't really mean "hate", if I did.

I've said before that we (society) created this Frankenstein monster. We made him what he is today. To hate him now? No. Can't do that. Mary Shelly's book was actually about this very thing. He is a reflection of many of the bad things that mankind has become.

I wish it weren't so. I like to think I'm not a part of this. I don't think I am contributing to this. If I am, then I hope I can change. I hope we all can change some day.

[​IMG]

11. max

max All-Star

I think it was mutual Tater. Yea he was over-hyped from the start. But he already came with the King nickname, he called himself the chosen one, he had to have a personal show on ESPN to announce where his talents were going, he said he was going to win 7 championships with the Heat.

12. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Darth is right. We all helped make him into what he is today and he bought right into it.

A lot of us criticize "The Decision" but it was great television. I watched it. I wouldn't have missed it.

13. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Has there ever been a star in any sport with the name of some old royalty who's not been called King James, King Henrik, Alexander the Great, Peter the Great etc? I wouldn't draw any conclusions from that.

14. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, it laid the ground for one of the more entertaining seasons even though the Pistons sucked.

15. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Yeah.
    "King Nowitzki" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

16. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I was entertained when I found out that Delonte West posted-up LeBron's mom.

:yo:

17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

James went for 25pts, 6 boards, 9 asst, with 4 steals and 2 TO's while shooting 12-20 in his first regular season NBA game ever! I'm not sure he was over-hyped from the start.

I hate LBJ on the Heat. I ran hot and cold on him when he was in CLE. I think I'd feel mostly the same if he had chosen a team without both Wade and Bosh and hadn't stuck it to the Cavs (Cavs fans realy?) like he did with The Decision. I did not like that and his steadfast denial afterward made it worse.

I do not feel badly for him either.

InsideHoops - LeBron James NBA debut

18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The media built him from the start and the Pistons punctuated his ascension to the proverbial throne when HE rolled through the second best defense in the league that year during the 2007 ECF. Although his team fell flat in the finals that year, there was no stopping his greatness after that and the haters who initially fell into that category as "jealous" or "envious" haters soon became disgusted haters when he won the MVP and left his former team high and dry without courtesy call.

Still you have to wonder why he has to shoulder the blame for this loss, when there were 11 other players and a coach who un-contributed to the un-win. Still waiting for Wade to take some blame or even come out and jump on the bandwagon and blame Lebron too..:sssh:

The Cleveland fans need to get over the hatred and thank him for the decent years he got people outside Ohio to even think about the Cavs and for getting two top 4 draft picks this year.

19. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

reading all of these responses...something occured to me.

sidney crosby is every bit to the nhl what lebron james is to the nba.

almost parallel situations, to the tee.

difference is...

hockey is hockey...basketball is basketball...canada is canada...akron is akron

20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Today, DeShawn Stevenson was wearing a shirt that read "Hey LeBron, how's my Dirk taste?"

I'd put him in the HATEr category.