Does anyone feel like there's ANY hope for this series?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Pwn Toney, Apr 21, 2009.

1. NTC

NTC First Round Draft Pick

I only managed to catch about 7-8 minutes of the first quarter during my lunch break, but never in my life have I seen a team play so unenthusiastic. The Cavs were just spotting up at will, taking it to the rack, picking up easy offensive rebounds, it was sad to watch.

I think they've lost faith in themselves, they seem to be pretty clueless right now. The sooner this series is over, the better.
  2. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

The redeeming factor with this series would be some useful experience for guys like Afflalo, Bynum, Amir, Stuckey, etc. Unfortunately, the vets seem to have checked out for the summer. Tayshaun's back combined with his lax demeanor, Sheed is already on another team, and Rip is mostly going through the motions. Dice just seems to ride the wave. When his teammates have some life, he plays great. When they're listless, he's bobbling rebounds, and bricking jumpshots.

Stuckey has his issues. He NEEDS an absolutely reliable 3 point shot if it's going to work with this group of players. There are just not enough reliable shooters to make up for his tentative jumpshooting. But, he atleast has some room to grow. He still shows the flashes. The vets are what they are.

Get more Stuckey/Afflalo/Amir or Bynum/Afflalo/Kwame units out there so these guys can grow together. We're severely outmatched in this series, so we might as well try to get something out of it. Maybe we can get a win or two at home to grow on for next season.
  3. detteam

detteam All-Star

Rip didn't develop a reliable 3 until six years into his career. Stuckey ain't gonna do that this year.
  4. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I have hope. The pistons will win game three. There will be some positive carry over from yesterday's game. But we have to get rid of curry. We have become a national joke and that is painful to listen to game after game.
  5. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

haha man i'll be staying the whole game but i won't be crushed if they lose...so no sitting there sulking in my seat embarrassing myself on national tv :D
  6. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I always have hope every time the ball gets tossed up. This team is beginning to try my patience some though.
  7. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

When you look at the Pistons.

1. A losing record.
    2. An 8th seed.
    3. Cohesiveness missing.
    4. Coach not ready.
    5. No recent upswing.

The Pistons have provided us with years of top quality basketball.
    Entering a playoff situation under the above listed conditions can really affect our optimism. We wanted them to do well, but they're no longer what they were.
  8. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

And, though I don't want to admit it, Cleveland is an awfully good basketball team. Last year they were talented, but this year they are showing an intelligence about how the game is played I haven't seen from them before. They're letting the game come to them and then making the right decisions. Even with CB and boatloads of chemistry the ultimate outcome of this series would not have been any different.
  9. max

max All-Star

Very true. If no trades were made and we had a different coach then we would have been good for what about 50 wins? So this would have happened in the 2nd round instead of the 1st.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

LeBron has never won a Championship. This is the Cavs first year leading the East. I don't think it is a given that we would have been vanquished by him with CB and a good coach. I mean it is definitely possible, but not a given.
  11. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I know this may sound crazy, but salary cap aside there is no rule that states if they kept CB they couldn't add anyone else to the team.
  12. max

max All-Star

If that's your opinion then I can understand how frustrating all this is.

Everyone who has won a championship has never won it before at some point. No one on our 04 team had ever won anything except for Lindsey Hunter.

The Cavs are a well seasoned playoff team. I think Doug Collings summed it up nicely when he pointed out that the Cavs had already gotten over the Piston hump two years ago when they beat us in the ECF.

Whats happening now was going to happen at some point. Bright side is at least we have a jump start on rebuilding.
  13. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

Couldn't agree more. Afflalo, Amir and Bynum in the fourth quarter showed a great deal more enthusiasm, hustle and speed than Tay, Sheed and Dice yesterday, and the game was a lot more interesting with them in it. The contrast in their play was very striking, as Hubie Brown pointed out more than once.
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

What are the current odds for Cleveland to take down the Championship? Better than 50/50?
  15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

What if DET was in the 2nd and last year of Posey's full MLE deal this year and had brought in say Drew Gooden when he was bought out?

I think it is wrong to say this slide was inevitable. It is inevitable only when you never add anything to the team year after year.
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Look at the trade Denver made. That proves that there are sucker GM's out there ready to be ripped off.

While in that example, it was our own GM, it still proves that it is possible.
  17. blackhawk

blackhawk First Round Draft Pick

I won't completely blame Curry. I see no hope following the two losses. Were not a good home team this year so I wouldn't get excited.

Danny Ferry is looking smart with all of the moves he made in the past two years...Looking less likely that Lebron is leaving the Cavs in 2010, especially if they win it all...

Cavs are a great team. But the Lakers will be a tough match up...

Cavs or Lakers? Lakers in 6 or 7!
  18. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

:sssh:
  19. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I don't think Stuckey needs the 3 point game to be effective. Wade isn't a great 3 point shooter, Zeke wasn't a 3 point threat, Kidd, Kevin Johnson, on and on.

His jump shooting needs to improve, but I don't think it needs to extend beyond the 3 point line.
  20. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Honestly Low, Nope.

This current team just can not compete.