1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Does Ronnie Make Sactown Legit

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Abe Froemen, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

I was just wondering what some fans in Sacromento felt about the Ronnie deal so I poked around in a sactown forum and it was about 50/50 some people loved it they feel like they are stealing players from the Pacers (Brad Miller now Ronnie) and others feel as expected when you add a phsycotic guy to your team its just gonna mess things up.

Imo yes I think it gives them a real shot and so does Ronnie already proclaiming the Kings will make the playoffs.

http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/story/14132682p-14961606c.html

TORONTO - Rick Adelman wanted no part of Silver Lining Central, where the bandwagon that started at Ron Artest's locker would eventually make stops all around the room.

The Kings' coach had just seen his new squad fall 124-123 to Toronto in overtime Sunday night, having overcome an 11-point fourth-quarter deficit only to lose a six-point lead with 2:15 left in the extra period. And bandwagons aside, there were stops of the basketball kind that hadn't been made, like the one that ended with Raptors forward Jalen Rose sinking a 17-foot game-winning jumper with four-tenths of a second left in overtime - when Kings Francisco GarcĂ­a and Kenny Thomas jumped his way in futile fashion.

The Raptors rode 20-point-plus nights from Chris Bosh, Morris Peterson and Mike James to the win, and the Kings failed to score on four of their last five possessions in overtime.

"I just feel bad for the guys," Adelman said. "They played hard, came back and made some mistakes that cost us."

But Artest was the one with the fresh perspective, having endured only two of the five losses on the season-long six-game road trip and having had no part in the 21 defeats before that. Loss be darned, he said, there is major potential here.

"We're going to be fine," Artest said. "We'll be in the playoffs this year."

Is that a guarantee? "We'll be in the playoffs," he repeated. "Definitely. Definitely. You can guarantee that."