Does t-Mac deserve the blame

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by LA Dre, May 6, 2007.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Six post season series for T-mac and another first round exit.

The Rockets open the series with 2 wins and then see the Jazz come back and steal the series winning 4 of the last five. Houston a team that prided itself on defense could not stop the penetration of Boozer and Williams and the outside shooting of Memo down the stretch. AK47 who was balling with tears during the first two games was doing some serious b-balling in games 6 & 7. the Jazz were the better team and got better as the season progressed. Will be a nice series with the warriors.

T-Mac did his best, but it appears that the only help he got was from Yao and Luther Head.

So another first round loss...where does this leave him in the supastar class. Is he the Ernie Banks of Basketball??

2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Every other time? Yes

This time? No

He actually started crying in the postgame. The reporters made fun of him afterwards. ***** move.

3. LA Dre

Yeah very emotional postgame for T....:crying:

4. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I felt a little bad for him. That smiley is kind of funny though.

5. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

No blame for T-mac.........It was about Boozer carving up the Rockets like a roast..................

6. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I relly like Houston and also felt sorry for T-Mac. He is actually starting to make his teammates better - he had double digit assists in a couple of games.

Yao seems to dissapear at times, and a player like T-Mac needs that consistent help from another star. Too bad Bozi couldn`t fill the void of a piece of a three headed monster - T-Mac, Yao, and Bonzi.

Sounds like a war epic..........:pound:

7. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

His new nickname should be Tear-Mac. :MusicBigGrin:

8. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Another comment........................I like T-mac cause he really tries to involve those around him. I cannot blame him because he is a player who is trying to make his team better. When I thought of him in the same light as Kobe, I realized he is good for team basketball. It's like blaming Barry Sanders for all those horrible Lions teams and the fact that they had a losing record during his tenure............Not me.............

9. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Bingo. Bonzi Wells is like Harpring on steroids – the Jazz don't have any player who could guard him.

If that headcase had actually decided to honor his contract the Rockets would easily have won this series.

As is, Yao's inability to guard a smallish power forward who's a good foot shorter than he is and McGrady's horrible shot selection cost them this series.

10. 4cwebb

4cwebb First Round Draft Pick

Agreed. The main reason I think TMac deserves blame for not advancing was that he had opportunities in the 4th to be aggressive and get to the basket to likely earn trips to the line if he didn't score, but he settled for too many jumpers (which didn't fall, and which he didn't have going all night). Those missed jumpers basically allowed the Jazz to overcome a 5 point deficit midway through the 4th. He also only converted on 5 of his 9 ft attempts --- too low of a percentage for a player of his caliber in a game 7.

11. himat

himat Bench Warmer

They need a point guard to get more people open looks. McGrady was a great distributor this series, but no one else was. Luther Head, and Alston are not great passers.

12. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I still resent the comments T-Mac made when he was with the Magic and they were up 3-1. About how this was going to be the first time he had been to the second round. Those comments have haunted him ever since. It's the curse of the Piston Comments that's holding T-Mac back.

13. 4cwebb

4cwebb First Round Draft Pick

Could also be the curse of KG, right? I seem to recall TMac making mention of KG's infamous "not out of the first round" streak when the Magic were up 3-1.

14. linwood

linwood All-Star

Tracy said in an interview before the series that if the Rockets didn't advance past the first round, it was on him. Then he said it again. And again.

So... I guess this one is on MacGrady.

15. LA Dre

Looks like Sleepy, I mean Van Gundy is shouldering some of the blame by "retiring". Agree that Tear-mac does settle for to many pull-up jumpers when he has the skills to penetrate to the hoop whenver he wants.

Also recall one sequence in the last 2 mins when Yao took a fadeaway jumper out of his range when he should have been the inside man all the way down the stretch. Tracey didn't mention it last night but I know he has criticized Yao in the past for coming out to "his" territory to take shots instead of playing the post.