DOING THE D-WADE

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by easybuckets, Dec 8, 2006.

1. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

I don't know if anyone else saw the Heat-Kings game last night, but the the Heat were 2 points ahead with a few seconds on the clock, and Bibby went to the basket, drew contact from D Wade, and got no whistle. The refs gave the game to the Heat!!! It's bad enough that Wade gets to the line(more than anyother player in the league, over 208 times so far this season) so much, but also he apparently can get away with fouling others. He is a nice kid and a good player, but this is ridiculous. I don't know what can be done? This makes me so angry, I see red, and it's not just the Heat uniforms. It makes the sportsman of the year award, a huge joke.
  2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I like how wade goes up for a shot jumping into a guy to draw contact but its like he has to REACH to draw it. I want to see someone be just a little too far and he flops with that stupid attempt.

He TOTALLY fouled bibby. Doug collins was trying to gussie it up as a "too hard to tell" call but it was pretty damn obvious bibby got hacked 2 times. What a crock of [SIGN]bs[/SIGN]
  3. barbara SanAntone

barbara SanAntone First Round Draft Pick

Yes, EB, I watched it. What a joke. I also felt Artest was such a ballhog in the last few minutes, hitting clunkers, not passing to open guys that he really caused the King loss. Oh well, I still dont think Heat will win the East, ref help or not.:stirthepot:
  4. Slippy

Artest sucks! he stopped the flow of the game. people were moving, cutting. he makes some good things happen but he's not a take over type player. Barkley et all called it...Sactown needs to start over.
  5. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I too saw some of that Heat / Kings game. This ref treatment of Lebron, Wade and others is going to get ugly before the season is over, I can see it coming. It is very obvious and blatant that the calls favor these guys.

The kicker is, you have guys like Doug Collins trying to cover this $%# up!!

I forget who is the coach of the Kings? He must be scared to death to say something to Ron Ron about his questionable play late in games. This is not the first time he has jacked up an ill advised shot or commited a TO to perhaps cost his team the game.

Who on that team will step to Artest and correct him on his miscues???:rolleyes:
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Collins, Kerr, Hubie Brown, you name it.

Find me an analyst with a pair and I will show you a guy who lost his job.
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Ron Ron feels he the man there. Give him a few games to warm up.
    WoW! did I just defend MCA?
  8. Slippy

I miss hubie brown! "Ugh! that was a bad call."

I used to like Doug's insight but its just too much PR now.
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Hubie has become a major NBA apologist over the last two years. I am convinced they had him on a thorazone drip during the Finals, heavily sedated and probably hypnotized to justify the millions of foul calls Dwyane Wade received.

As the major professional sports take away access from real journalists, and turn over reporting and analysis to the networks, you are going to see a lot more homerism and a lot less criticism.
  10. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

i reckon brad miller is as good as anyone, now he's back playing he might try talking to the mental patient.

i actually liked hubie a lot before last years playoffs. he actually knows the game properly, talks through plays to the watcher like he/she is knowledgable and was the ONLY commentator showing some love and respect for the pistons, taking their point of view as well, rather than just, 'what X team needs to do to beat the pistons.

but his emerging blindness to the antics of wade and refs leaves me disappointed.

kerr is the biggest loser on the planet.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The no-call on Bibby's potential game winning layup was ridiculous. It was a layup and the ball barely hit backboard after the full fledged arm hack by Wade.

Brad Miller's intentional foul at the end was pretty funny though. He basically punched the guy.
  12. easybuckets

If the refs don't start getting it right, some of their favorite STARZ might end up with some broken bones and miss the whole season. There is absolutely no consistancy in the calls. Something needs to change.I see some really hard fouls coming this year!!!
  13. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Eric Musselman is the head coach of the Kings.
  14. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

He'd better be a Muscleman to control crazy Ron Ron.
  15. pass99

pass99 Team Captain Forum Donor

Yep, you're going to see more and more of that (including radio). Forums and blogs will be the only touch of realism. Expect to see small groups of both combining their efforts for articles, education and perspectives away from homerism or the obvious cynicism where they have to blame someone (usually the coach).
  16. easybuckets

The no-call against Wade is not going away easily. The Sac-Bee had an article saying Bibby was unhappy about it. Also during the Denver-Miami game it was mentioned that Melo sent Wade a text message after the Kings game, saying to Wade, you got away with one.