Breaking News Donald Sterling

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Darth Tater, Apr 28, 2014.

1. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

[​IMG]
  2. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

She has 6 aliases over the last 10 years along with 4 arrests...
    Maybe you know her as Maria Perez. Or possibly Vanessa Perez. Maybe Monica Gallegos. Let's try Maria Valdez.
    Let's try convicted of petty theft...twice...two separate incidents...possession of a controlled substance...arrested for driving under the influence.

Not a criminal...........let's go with that one.
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Drath's computer was hacked?
    Darth Tater likes this.
  4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't understand your post. How does it discount anything I said?
  5. Nemo

The rest didn't need addressing.
    Everybody knew Sterling's record.
    He's had trouble with the courts for years.
    There have also been many posts before this thread describing Sterling negatively.
    I guess you never looked up his record before Miss Alias came along.
    Saying the marriage is a sham is also true and everybody knows it.
    But she STILL played with a married man.
    Saying she didn't lead him on those recordings is just funny...:biggrin1:
    Pointing out facts as to why she's a Bimbo makes her more than a speck.
    Last edited: May 8, 2014
  6. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I wouldn't get too hung up on the married part. That was just a legal technicality. They weren't married in any sense other than legally. The woman accepted millions to be a companion to an ancient billionaire. If that offends your morality, that's your problem. You can call her names and degrade her.

The bigger issue is the bigoted billionaire who said racist things about JJ Redick and Magic Johnson.
  7. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wow, kind of amazing the things you can say about someone you've never met and have no real information about. I guess that's the real legacy of the internet.
    basketbills likes this.
  8. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling's troubled reign approaches an inglorious end - ESPN
    So according to this, Stiviano didn't illegally record him, didn't "trap" him, and didn't leak the tapes to the media. Is she still a bimbo, still scum? This just makes it even more absurd to see people go after this girl as if she was even remotely significant in this story.
    basketbills likes this.
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Interesting. Part of her job description was image coach! Man did that not work out as planned. The ironic thing here is that he was so concerned about his image, that he totally ruined his image. The 2 things that caused this scandal were both image preservation actions on his part-- 1) didn't want his image consultant sitting with black people because it would damage his image in his opinion, and 2) wanted his image consultant to record his conversations so that he wouldn't forget things and could preserve his image.
  10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Who exactly is " going after her"? People express opinions. That happens when someone thrusts themselves in the public spotlight. Aren't you expressing your own opinions,

FACT: she is 20 years old and considered extremely physically attractive by many... Not me, and maintaining a very close relationship in public with a RICH 80 year old racist bastard. His twisted actions and views were no secret. What facts can you present to give any indication that she deserves the benefit of any doubt? Do you believe she was physically attracted to him? Ignorant to his views? Enjoyed his company? Can you say with a straight face that she would've maintained that relationship or even given him the time of day) if he wasn't filthy rich and showering her with gifts that most of us just dream about?

Whether people label her "scum" or a "bimbo" or a sweet innocent little victim of circumstance, whistle blower, hero, whatever. It's all semantics anyhow. The FACTS are she was hanging around a slimey twisted racist old man and was showered in gifts by him. Who really knows whether of not they were intimate? Why do you think she was doing that? Do you think she really gives a damn about human rights? You're so sure what she is NOT. Tell us what you think she IS. Apparently you aren't above labeling. You feel very comfortable labeling Sterling a racist based on his WORDS yet you feel there is injustice when people label Stivano based on her ACTIONS??? Please take that holier than thou B.S. out of here.

I don't care what people label her or what they think of her. But if people insist on calling the opinions of others "absurd" and ridiculing their views, I would LMAO and tell them to look in the mirror.
    brofmfa, Walter and Nemo like this.
  11. basketbills

I think the point is Donald Sterling is a powerful billionaire who owns an NBA team and has the power to change people's lives for the worse.

The woman in question has no such power and doesn't control other people's lives. Why be angry with her? She is living her own life the way she wants to. If you don't like it....who cares?

So the outrage about Sterling is because he is in a position of power and has shown bias against African Americans and JJ Redick. The woman is entirely insignificant when looked at in this context.
    Ernie the Slow Adult and linwood like this.
  12. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

I'd argue we know about as much about sterling as we do stiviano. I think people are angry with stiviano because her actions seem so premeditated and from a place of greed. Detroit has always been a "going to work city" and any perceived "short cuts" are frowned upon. Now this is merely perception as the motivations and machinations of the tape are unknown. Also there is a level of backstabbe. Either against sterling or stiviano.
    brofmfa and Nemo like this.
  13. Darth Tater

Absolutely! Sterling is the big fish who is the significant one. The girl is indeed a bug in the whole scheme of the things. Sterling stands for everything I loathe and I would take great pleasure in every terrible thing that happens to him in this life or anything after. I know, I'm a bad person. But I'm honest.

Doesn't mean I need to like the B. though. I don't care what happens to her. But I have no respect for her and don't wish any good on her. She snared him and was well paid.
  14. basketbills

Plus she was wearing that weird visor thing for a while.
  15. linwood

linwood All-Star

Here's an in depth, nuanced take on V. Stiviano's situation by the fantastic Molly Lambert. Most definitely worth a read:

The Visor and the Beret «

This computer is property of the Denver Squirrels and is not to be removed from facilities.
    coynejeremy and basketbills like this.
  16. basketbills

Interesting article:

coynejeremy likes this.
  17. linwood

linwood All-Star

I ordered three of those visors. Ive always considered myself "fashion forward," and I'm pretty sure this will be the hot new summer look.

This computer is property of the Denver Squirrels and is not to be removed from facilities.
    webz and roscoe36 like this.
  18. Darth Tater

Great. Next time we plan a trip to Seattle you'll be really easy to spot. :cheers:
  19. linwood

linwood All-Star

Everyone will be wearing them by the end of the summer.

20. Nemo

May none of the men on this board have to go through the issue of an unfaithful spouse who is manipulated by a bimbo.
    No matter the status of the marriage...it still hurts. It's not my problem basketbills...its America's problem.
    I do not degrade her...she is already there.
    Last edited: May 8, 2014
    Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.