Don't forget about the Pistons

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mikhail1973, Sep 12, 2007.

1. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    The Sports Network - National Basketball Association

2. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Nothing mentioned about the 3 year deal with AJ. AJ is definitely under the radar. The Free Press in a recent article in their on-line edition referred to AJ as "A Role Player".

Also no mention made of JMax coming into his own in this his third year or the addition of Hot Rod.

Maybe the author had a word limitation.
    :hoops:
  3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Why bother writing about those guys when the Pistons have a history of pinning them to the pine and letting them go for peanuts. WE make a big thing about them and that's good enough for me.
  4. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Not recently. Before they took it personally. Now they live off it. When they were down 3-2 on of the Pistons said they had the advantage because they were the better team. How about you prove it then? Know what I mean?
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Read the article again, Buddah. It did mention that Amir was re-signed. You must have missed it.

You're correct about Amir being under the radar right now, though. Actually, I think the entire Pistons team is under the radar once again. That's okay.

6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

They can't live off that though. Before they were under radar and they were actually under the radar. Now they say we are under the radar, but we are the better team and expect to win the game after walking on the court.

I actually don't know that for sure, so I will take that back. It's either that, or Flip is not doing a good enough job of having some discipline.
  7. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

If you look at the Pistons roster from top to bottom it looks very good in comparison with other EC teams.

The addition of Jarvis Hayes is huge, also if AJ plays the way everyone expects him to and Stuckey holds down the PG spot to give CB some rest, we will be fine.

Just don`t think we are `ship ready though..............
  8. detteam

detteam All-Star

Until Stuckey gets NBA court time, I'm reserving judgment.

I'm tentative on Jmax. I love the fire & desire, but I'm skeptical of his future contributions, by the numbers. Ben Wallace attitude, but confined by Corliss-like physical attributes/abilities. I just don't see him as starter material...6th man at best. I hope he proves me wrong.

AJ is another story. There's nothing I've seen or read about him that casts doubt in my mind to a great NBA career. I hope it's all with the Pistons.
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

We deserve to be under the radar. We haven't exceeded expectations in 3 seasons.

I'm looking forward to a season where we separate the men from the boys, the talkers from the doers.
  10. detteam

detteam All-Star

I hope Flip reads that. :yellowprison:
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We can play under the radar because our so called superstars have somewhat underachieved the past couple of years come post season.

Even though this article gives a positive slant on the Pistons fortunes, most of the media still believes the window is closing fast on the old boys from Motown because they are not familiar with our youth.

When other teams can boast the likes of almost King James in Cleveland. Shaq and Kobe in South Beach, Pierce, Garnett, and He-Got-Game in Bean town, Agent Zero & Co in DC, and Big & Lil Ben and Deng in Chi-town., the media will allways fall in love with the supa-named stars and give them the benefit of the doubt.

Even if we languish in second or third place most of the season and grab no less than the 4th seed, we should still be good and ready by then to get back to EC finals and surprise whoever the opponent is....but remember we got to win in five, because that sixth game is a killer for Flip:)
  12. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I hope Flip Saunders attended a Coaches Clinic on "How To Prepare For The Big Games".

That's the only missing ingredient in having a successful season.
  13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

It's a huge ingredient though. It's like having toppings, cheese, and sauce, but no crust to keep everything on it (pizza recipe).
  14. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

That is the solution!!!

Put Flip in the Pizza Oven until he is nice and crusty.