Don't get mad but part of me wishes Stuck would get hurt

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Jewelz0376, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Jewelz0376

Jewelz0376 First Round Draft Pick

Well I'm not being totally serious about wanting him to be hurt but part of me is serious because I want to see AI and Rip start in the backcourt again but I can't see Curry going back to that again because he's so stubborn...here are my reasons

1) Look at our season so far and check out our best wins .... @LA, Cle, @SAS...what do those 3 wins have in common?? All 3 we started AI and Rip together..now I know we ended up losing to Washington and Minnesota, etc...but that was early in the season when Rip and AI were still learning to play together...and I think everyone can agree that they look so much better playing together now then they did back then...AI seems he's starting to learn where to give rip the ball and where he likes to shoot..and honestly even back in the beginning of the season Rip was getting good looks from AI...he's just was in a slump and was hitting them..

2) Any fan who has watched AI his whole career like me knows that AI is at his best when he has the ball in his hands...AI is a better shooter off the dribble than he his in catch and shoot situations...sure he might have a few extra turnovers..but he's our best player at creating shots for other plays..especially our bigs..plus we could use the pick and roll a ton with AI and when the big shows AI could pick up..this would also create more fouls on the bigs because AI is good at acting when the Big shows and bumps him to pick up the foul...the problem with putting AI at point early in his career was that he would probably never give the ball up lol...but at this point in his career AI is def not like that anymore..if anything when he is playing with Rip and Stuck it seems like he defers to them more than trying to get his own shot...

3) I know some people won't agree with me but imo Stuck is not ready to be a championship caliber point guard right now..and there's nothing wrong with that because he's only in his 2nd year...right now he's more of a scoring guard...some say our offense runs better with Stuck at the 1 but the way our offense has struggled at times..I'm not convinced of this...Stuck could be our scoring guard off the bench kinda like Pargo was for the hornets last year (i know stuck is better than pargo but u get the idea)....

4) ARRON AFFLALO!!!...as most of us predicted aa's mins have basically disappeared along with the "Rip as a 6th man" change...this way he would get more mins because he could be our backup at the 2 spot....I'm pretty sure every piston fan would agree that AA def needs more mins...and I like him guarding 1s and 2s more than I do 2s and 3s...AA has great body position and lateral quickness which is good against guards but 3s can outmuscle him and shoot over him easier...you could still use AA at the 3 also..but this way he would get more mins at the 2 spot as well....

Some of you may say defensively this won't work with AI but I think it can...AI isn't a defensive stopper by any means and he's not as good as Stuck but AI has been playing decent D and I think if we only give this lineup another chance their D will still be fine..

Like I said I don't want Stuck to get hurt but it's the only way I could see Curry changing his lineup again...I'm just thinking maybe Stuck could get be out for a week and then we go on a tear and when Stuck gets back we ease him back in by using him as the Sixth man and eventually he just stays there...but knowing curry he probably would shove Stuck back into the starting 5 as soon as he got back and give him 40+ mins....

my starting 5 would be

AI, Rip, Tay, Amir, Sheed
  2. max

max All-Star

Stucky has been the one bright spot of the year for me so far.
  3. SmartIversonFan

SmartIversonFan Second Round Draft Pick

^ 100% agreed.

I'm the biggest AI fan here, but Stuck is the future. The biggest problem with the trade is that the Pistons did not need another guard. I'm starting to realize that no
    matter how the minutes are distributed, AI will have to give up a lot of shots and not
    really play like himself.

Starting Rip and AI won't change anything. They need to get another defensive big
    and trade an offensive-minded guard or two.
  4. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Honestly, Rodney is the thing that is keeping me watching games right now.

The Pistons aren't going to win anything with this group regardless of who plays where. The roster is just a bad mix of washed up vets, defensive sieves, and players who are learning the game. Stuck is one of the very few things about this team that is right at the moment. He still has work to do, but this is the time when it gets done.
  5. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

ditto.
  6. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

Agreed...Idk what's up with this title! :nono:
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I'd be willing to see what AI could do with this group.
    Stuck would get his minutes even still.
    Our talent is better than Nuggs. So maybe he could get us out of the 1st round.
    Everything returns to the coaching and the system used.
  8. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Yep. I'd still watch the games, but if Stuck wasn't on the team, I wouldn't be nearly as interested.
  9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

While i don't hope Stuck gets injured, i'd be willing to give the AI/Rip SL a shot again. We are really struggling out of the gate offensively. Like mentioned Stuck will still get his minutes, and could be a pretty potent spark off the bench.

I wish he'd be more aggressive at times esp in the clutch.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That and we played with a C that lived in the paint (KB!).
  11. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I forgot to add i also agree with the benefit of seeing if AA is still alive with the new SL.
  12. Jewelz0376

Jewelz0376 First Round Draft Pick

I didn't really mean I want Stuckey to get hurt because I wouldn't wish that one anyone...but I just wish we could try AI and Rip...by no means am I saying we shouldn't give Stuckey a good amount of mins because we should...but I guess I'm just trying to find any hope that this season could turn around..and having rip and ai starting together is something I'm hoping could turn this team into one of the elites
  13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I get what you're saying. I wasn't implying that you did with the 1st sentence. It was worded badly.
  14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Anyone catch Stuckey yelling at Curry after getting lost on D last night? I'm afraid that the success has gotten to his head and he's well on his way to becoming another Stephon Marbury with all his antics.
  15. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah but Stuckey said he was a humble guy in that interview after he scored 40.
  16. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

:pound:
  17. detteam

detteam All-Star

I missed that. But Stuck ain't getting $20+M to stay away from the Pistons so I think his anger is real. Sheed dropped an F bomb walking away from Curry during the Rockets game.

Kids are pissed, vets are pissed, Curry mumbling through post games, Joe speachless...one big happy family :nerd2:
  18. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

I truly believe Curry is gone after this season...I hope Joe can get Avery Johnson for a two year deal to prove himself. :writersblock:

Does anyone know how many years Curry got? :dizzy2:
  19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Uhm, no. Not unless the fans revolt. It's great timing that the local radio shows dried up, because the feedback loop is diminished.

Make every 2 years older. And then make Avery Johnson any good. And then I might believe it.

I'm guessing 2. No Pistons coaches for more than 2 or 3 years since Chuck Daly.
  20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Maybe the fans can show up at the games wearing checkered suits and sleep in their seats during the games as a protest? They're really only adding the suit now that I think of it.