Draft Grades

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, Jun 25, 2010.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

2. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Would have to agree with that when the draft occurred. Daye looked like another Tayshaun and we didn't know Jerebko and Summers would be solid second rounders.

I'll give that draft a B- as of right now. This year we got an A- and who knows maybe Monroe is the next Darko and we should actually get a lower grade (hopefully not).

Those grades don't mean jack b/c none of those guys have laced them up on the NBA hardwood floor yet.
  4. Kidstealth

Kidstealth First Round Draft Pick

Still envious of the Kings draft.
  5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Right now it looks like they did the best. Cousins and Whiteside playing with Tyreke! And they also have Jason Thompson!

They also have Casspi, Landry, Beno, Hawes, Udoka, and Nocioni as role players.

If they can get some good shooters they will be legit.
  6. MJO77

MJO77 First Round Draft Pick

Me too. At one point I was kinda hoping we could land Whiteside in the first round alone. They got Cousins AND Whiteside. Gotdayum!
  7. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

I'd settle for a small dose of IQ.
  8. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

Traded to the Sixers for Dalembert. Anyway, it's an intriguing, young team. I might catch some of their games this season.
  9. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Joe "D" may have not called glass, but he definitely banked in a "3" at the 2010 NBA Draft. A resplendent effort indeed, and nothing short of a humble beginning to future endeavors including, but not limited to, the one "Free Agency Period" which shall commence on July 1st.
  10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

HaHa good one!Draft Grade - B+, and I'm talking about last years draft. How and the world do you get grade guys who haven't even played?
  11. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Hey, KG, you wanna know how?
    Check this out:

ESPN.com - 2003 NBA Draft: Draft grades
  12. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA

SI.com - 2003 NBA Draft - Marty Burns grades the NBA Draft - Friday June 27, 2003 03:25 PM
    [/FONT]
  13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

There will be a changing of playas in the western conference post season the next couple of years as the Spurs slip out and the Kings and Clippers move in.....
  14. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Yep and don't forget about OKC. I think they are the Lakers biggest threat in the West as of right now.
  15. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Oh yeah...well you can never have too many seven footers. Either way they look like a playoff team next year.
  16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Don't be so sure....still don't have good guard play, Evans is a scorer, not a facilitator and they still don't have that really good consistency that comes with experience. Maybe not this season, but defnitely next season. The thing that sets OKC apart is their buy in to defense, extremely rare for that young of a team, don't know if Sac has that yet.
  17. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

but for my eyes sactown after webber era has become more and more sacramento clippers - once your contract has expired - runnnn!
  18. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

It looks like the Pistons did well, IMO, but that has nothing to do with the draft grades from these jokers. If you look closely, these graders gave almost everyone a "B+" or higher unless they didn't have a pick for one reason or another. :rolleyes:

The 2003 grades are pretty funny (sad), but it once again reminds us that most people thought what Joe D.thought. (I, however, wasn't one of them. I wanted Mello all along).
  19. Brap

Brap Starter

The more I read about White, the more excited I'm getting about this draft. If Monroe is a guy who won't back down, given his Walton-esque passing skills, the Pistons really have some great pieces to build around.

Stuckey, Daye, JJ, Gordon, Monroe, Bynum and I think Summers.

But White really opens up some intriguing possibilities. I'm imagining him being in the same back court as Stuckey - two super athletic (White is super fast and has a 40" vertical. He's a bigger version and just as athletic as Rose). That would be a potentially fantastic pair of defenders in the backcourt. One of my issues with Bynum is that he has trouble defending anyone with size. White supposedly is working hard to convince people that he's a PG - he came to workouts with other PG's. Stuckey has been quoted last season as "I'll play PG if they need me to" which makes me think his heart is as a SG with great handle.

Gordon off the bench with those two guys as starters makes a lot more sense than Gordon in a 3 guard rotation with Stuckey and Bynum.

White is a key guy to watch over the next couple of seasons. Unless we don't resign Bynum - which is a real possibility now - White will be our 5th or 6th guard this season, with Daye in the mix for SG minutes.

In fact, if Daye is the SG I've been saying he is in posts in the last few months, Gordon will become a prime guy to consider trading in a couple seasons.
  20. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

His heart may be there, but he doesn't have great handles. He shields the ball as he power drives in a straight line. He won't break anyone's ankles, split defenders etc.

Guys with great handles are guys like AI, Zeke, Jordan, Kobe, Steve Nash. Those are guys with great handles, almost all of whom are lights out shooters as well.