1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

[Drafted] Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Jun 20, 2013.

1. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

I'm on the same page as you, don't worry.

We should give up anything for Giannis to dominate the 3 spot.

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I believe he was one of the characters from the Spartacus TV series...:fencing:

BallDon'tLie likes this.
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Pistons 3rd pick is the PG that beat Burke in the national title game Peyton Siva.....

4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Smart, safe, solid. No complaints. Fills a team need but passing on Burke, MCW and McCollum means that Joe still believes in BK as the PG and that is not smart, safe or solid.....and I WILL complain about that!

linwood likes this.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Knight/ Calderon/ Bynum/ Stuckey/ Silva (that's a lot of point guards)

Nice knowing ya Jose! Good luck in your future endeavors. Fun player to watch, but a waste of his talents with us.

6. linwood

linwood All-Star

I noticed that too!

Nemo likes this.
  7. linwood

linwood All-Star

Totally agree. Silva is a great pickup, and I think he will be in the league for a long time. He's a career guy.

I still have faith in Knight. I knew he was raw in college, so I expected him to take 3 to 4 years to mature into a baller. I think he has made great progress.

Than being said, I don't have enough confidence in him to pass on Burke.

I know you will, my friend. I know you will.

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Is Pope's wingspan 6'5.5" as listed in the scouting video or 6'8" as listed elsewhere?

9. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

Throw enough crap at the wall and something's bound to stick - - guess I "called" this one lol.

10. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

When I saw that the C's had the 16th pick I was dying for Danny Ainge to take the Greek. I would have made it my mission to get you mentioned in the same breath as Wiggles around here.

11. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I like this pick. He fills a need and was probably the BPA at 8th.

12. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

Bye Stuckey. Nice knowing you.

13. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Dumars suffers from sunken costs bias. He holds on to assets as long as possible long after everyone else has realized that they are not what he thought they would be. Just look at how long it took him to realize that Stuckey is not the next DWade. With Knight, it seems to be the same thing. This sunken costs bias is one of the main reasons why JoeD is a bad GM and why the Pistons are so bad... the good GM's, just like the good stock traders, now when to move on.

14. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

Who is this "Ken English" you speak of ? Not "Kim English", perhaps ?

BallDon'tLie, Nemo and Mogilny like this.
  15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

You've missed a lot.

coynejeremy likes this.
  16. McQuack

McQuack Bench Warmer

Joe D said they watched every single game of Kentavious' college season. They really like his motor, never taking a game off etc. He was also the #1 option, so he faced heavy defensive pressure each game.

I also like Tony Mitchell's potential as a LeBron/KD stopper. Great size, GREAT wingspan and VERY athletic. Potential to turn into a stud SF aswell, if ballhandling ans shooting is improved. Everywhere I read about the draft, Mitchell is mentioned as a steal and a great pick at #37.

17. vincy4fish98

vincy4fish98 Bench Warmer

The only other thought I had to this is that we must remember that BK will be working with Mo Cheeks. Yes, the same Mo Cheeks that even Zeke respected and feared when they played on the court together. I am sure Mo and Joe had a discussion about whether BK is salvageable and can he do anything with him. I also really like the Siva pick as I think he can really push BK for the spot and the kid is a winner.

Nemo and Ernie the Slow Adult like this.
  18. Jackattaq

One of the things I've seen as a weakness for KCP is his decision-making. How much of that can be contributed to being the only "big-time" player on a bad team? The defense collapses on him, the defense focuses on stopping him and no one else on his team averaged over 8ppg? Not to make excuses for him, but if he was the star of Georgia, did he take bad shots because he felt he was most likely the best option offensively? Will having less ball handling responsibilities increase his productivity? If he can just spot up and catch and shoot, will we see even better shooting percentages? Sometimes a guy has to be "da man" and they take a lot of ill-advised shots. (the Allen Iverson effect). But sometimes they are the best option on a roster full of weak players. Only time will tell with KCP.

Laimbrane and TheeTFD like this.
  19. Jackattaq

Me too, kid looks really smooth in his workout video. He seems like a good standstill shooter and a decent catch and shoot guy which is good for a PG that is feeding post players. He is lightning quick and damn he can leap. Kid is like Bynum with a jumper. Hope he can shoot in real game situations. Gotta love the value at #57

20. Jackattaq

That I have, I took a ton of time off from posting (and watching the Pistons as much as I used to), but I'm excited again (Dre did that) and I love the draft picks this year. Good players that all fit needs. It's not popular, but I wasn't feeling the Trey Burke love like most other U of M slappies. I watched Burke go 3/4 of a game and hardly have an impact. Then he shows up for 5 mins and everyone is singing his praises. Maybe I'm wrong but if you are that talented, how to you disappear for large chunks of a game like he seems to, all too often?

Last time I remember posting on here, I had 2 kids I think? Well we have 6 now and I've been busy with those guys. My son and I went to a U of M game this year, I bought him a T-Shirt and he wears that thing all the time. Best $10.00 I've spent in awhile. So yeah, I liked Burke, but I wasn't sure he is what we needed here. I actually really like the KCP pick and if it means Rodney is gone, then I really LOVE the pick.

Does Mo Cheeks have a track record of playing rookies or younger players? I hope we don't go through this garbage about playing a vet purely because the rookie hasn't "earned it yet". We are gonna be a young team, we aren't winning any championships soon, so play this young group and see what we have in terms of talent and see how it goes.

BallDon'tLie likes this.