Dre Bly Voted Co-Captain

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Superstarov, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

From the Free Press

The Lions made Dre' Bly one of their captains Monday. Yes, that's the same Bly who ripped Harrington after Steve Mariucci was fired last year. Bly was called a cancer and compared to Terrell Owens, who had taken some shots at teammate Donovan McNabb a few weeks earlier. How did this happen?

I disagree with this, but it was his teammates who voted for him.

I also disagree with this:
    ...other Lions were just as frustrated by Harrington, who struggled and rarely admitted it...

I remember Harrington blaming himself before he blamed any of his WR's who couldn't run the proper routes or catch the ball when it hit them in the numbers.

And: Harrington is gone because he didn't make enough plays. Bly is here because he did.

You would think this moron sportswriter would have some idea that, in the last six months or so, Harrington chose to leave, because he didn't want to deal with the organization and the same old same old. And I'm assuming that Dre Bly is still here because he's under contract.

But it is typical Lions fan/organization/homer activity to badmouth a player once he's gone. So, it should be expected.
  2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sure Bly wants to win, but he's also very selfish IMO. Sure he makes big plays, but he's an all or nothing guy. He gets his INT's by gambling. For every INT he gets, he gives up 2 or 3 big plays.

I'm becoming less and less of a Dre' Bly fan.

For all of Joey Harrington's faults, IMO, he was truely a team first guy. That guy got crapped on more than anyone athlete I've ever seen.