Dumars comfortable with Dupree and rookies backing up Prince

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mikhail1973, Jul 12, 2007.

1. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

He has said he would prefer not to start, but if his employer prefers that he does, he should probably do it, don't you think? I'm tired of these players saying I don't want to do this, I don't want to do that. Too bad. Move along, little doggie (Dice) if you don't like it.
  2. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Say it ain't so, scoe!!
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

If I am wrong, I will surrender my royal yurt to the department of public transportation.
  4. tosher

tosher Second Round Draft Pick

Dyess is not being traded, that's silly-talk. What about Dumars insistence at the all star break this last year he wasn't going to trade McDyess? He often said that it was almost as important for him to lock up Dyess as Billups. He values Dyess and so does Flip - he's the perfect teammate and a great 6th man. Nazr would be traded if we can get something, Flip too, and then we'd consider signing Webb back to probably play less minutes. Dumars may surprise us with some moves, sure, but usually he gives us hints of what's going to happen and who's safe and who's not. Dyess wouldn't have re-upped with us if Dumars told him he was going to get traded or something!
  5. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Just so you will recognize me, this will be me standing at the arrivals line at the yurt-port:

[sign]Department of Public Transportation
    Yurt Fleet Division[/sign]
  6. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    You have to put the players in the position to succeed. Don't forget about Dyess psyche. When he thought he may get traded he played like garbage. If he says he can't start, you're going to hurt yourself by making him.
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

These guys who spend 2 hours getting dressed and observing pre-game rituals, won't start etc need to hit the road.

It's time to play some guys with a killer, attack psyche.
  8. Oracle

Oracle First Round Draft Pick

Dupree maybe, but looking at the crop of SF's in this league, I pray every season that Prince doesn't go down to injury.

Now with Lewis in Orlando, we have another devastating SF to deal with, and he's 6'10 dropping 20 per night.

I think we take Prince too much for granted. So he didn't stop LeBron. Who does. But he does limit ALL of the SF's he faces, and he gets all the nightmare matchups.

So Joe thinks these 6'4 & 6'6 guys(rookies at that) are going to step in for Prince at the SF spot? I hope so, but my head(the big one) tells me "no fricking way".

P.S. If Dupree was so helpfull, why in the world does his butt look like a Porcupine?
  9. linwood

linwood All-Star

Lewis dropped 23 a night playing next to Ray Allen. He was the second option in Seattle. I expect him to be the second option in Orlando after Howard, but Dwight doesn't take as many shots as Ray. I think Rashard will up his average to the high 20's.

Luckily, the Magic don't have any guards.
  10. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    The Magic also has no defense.
  11. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Right on, just like Bondeman got rocked more than a few times in his rookie year when he lost 19. It sure has resulted in his loss of talent.

What you stated is one of the biggest fairy tales in baseball.

:hoops:
  12. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

for every bonderman who has the mental strength to grow thru defeat you have the weavers of the world, he still hasn't pulled it all the way back but you see moments of brillance and ya have to wonder what sort of pitcher he's be if he started out on a team that wasn't welll the tigers. saying that i really would rather have the bondermans of the world then the weavers....
  13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

On our local news I saw Mitch Kupcake being interviewed last night in Vegas as he was asked about the Lakers Derek Fisher signing...his comments were, (also quoted in the LA Times this morning) Not to slight Jordan Farmar and our drafted rookie, Javaris Crittenten, who are 20 and 19, we are not going not going to depend on a 19 and 20 year old with limited NBA experience to be the guys that can lead the team next year. .we need a veteran and we know that Fisher can feel that role"

If perennial talent waster Kupcake can make that smart assessment, why does Joe think that our rookie guys and Dupree are enough to not lead but backup our sometime underachieving starters. I recall two years ago when he let Darko and Arroyo go and his comments were that Chauncey can handle the bulk of the minutes and if necessary we will throw Hunter or Delk in there...NOT.... Flip wore CB down and the Cavs wore the team down..two years in a row. At least make a trade Joe for center or SF.....that will silence the critics and make most of us a little more confident that we will get out of the second round....
  14. himat

himat Bench Warmer

L.A. is looking for Fisher to be the veteran PG. Farmar and Crittenton are the young PG's. The Pistons already have their veterans (the starters). They don't need a Derek Fisher. I think C Webb and Dice will be enough veterans off the bench. It also won't be the 5 bench guys subbing in for the starters all at once. Most of the time their will be a few starters and a few bench players on the court.
  15. Mr.Shady

Mr.Shady First Round Draft Pick

Yeah. We can use Meija or Amir to backup Prince. But then...We cannot(!!) be champions. Let alone to get in the Conference finals. I dont wanna see Eva run in next year, so...