Dumars' failed chemistry test has doomed Detroit

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by lpgrl26, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I just spilled my coffee all over the keybrd.

:pound::pound::pound:
  2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Didn't help KG.
    For the money these guys make they shold be run into the ground. So we can move on without second guessing.
  3. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

Lazy, your opinion that if we had developed Darko properly we would have a very good starting center now (I think that's what you're saying) would be more compelling if Darko had actually amounted to something in the three years since he left Detroit in February 06. Even if you are right that we held up his development, how would you explain the fact that he hasn't established himself as anything other than a role player since then?
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Curry is new at this. Cut him some slack!
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

What's wrong with a role player ?
  6. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

"TLM" didn't like the idea...
  7. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

And Stuckey? ...

J/K I love ya Rodney! :biggrin1:
  8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

There's a new article stating that the Raps are interested in Prince and we are conversely interested in Bosh and Tay is no longer UNTOUCHABLE.

It's our favorite beat writer who then goes on to say he's not implying that this a trade being discussed.
  9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Lebron already knew that. ;)
  10. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Hey, what is the deal with your crusade towards canadians? Why you're so blasting to all those hunters, trappers, skinners, butchers i.e typical canadians ?

Are vegetarian or what ?
  11. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I can't imagine a Eastern team trading for Tay at this point. I could see a team from the West where he wouldn't have to worry about LeBron or Pierce until the finals and they play is softer maybe making a move.

If they're willing to jump on the hook ala Joe and Denver be my guest.
  12. linwood

linwood All-Star

Tater is still holding a grudge because during his Canadian Vacation, they wouldn't let his Yankee ass into the National Igloo.
  13. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Well, I only know two Canadians. Roscoe and Jammer. It's exactly like if you only knew two Americans and one was Pee Wee Herman and the other was Charles Manson. I figure the rest can't be too much different.

Here is a shot of their last family reunion. Don't they look spiffy in their red outfits.

[​IMG]
  14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Darth's not a vegetarian, he's a fruit. :greenapple:
  15. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

I agree. It's all West coast for Tay. Most perceptive GM's from this area know it would boast his career...you can book this one.
  16. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

My mind is made up; don't confuse the issue with facts. :MusicBigGrin:

Seriously tho, I have voiced my reasons so many times that most of the posters have heard quite enough out of me. In short, LB took an instant dislike to him and absolutely refused to cut him any slack by taking him out of games even when he did well, and publicly reprimanding him.

There was a series of misfortunes and mishandlings at Orlando but mainly he was placed in the rotation behind a clearly inferior player in Battie, and many, many times was taken out of games just as he was about to score a double double, clearly to keep his worth down for contract negotiations. By the way, the coach Brian what's his name was fired.

And in Memphis he has gotten going several times only to have his time cut. Two or three times it was due to injuries but again this year, he was put behind a clearly inferior player in Arthur. Arthur is a first year player who was installed as a starter and went thru an entire season without improving in the slightest and is undersized.

Darko has been handled as a center and 99% classified as a defensive player. When he does get minutes, he gets only a couple of shots per game while the other players who are competing with him have plays run for them and get lots of shots.

When he complained about it, he is looked upon as a malcontent. He has said that he wants to play in Europe and is not interested in playing in the NBA under the conditions above, so now, he gets even less PT because he "may not return".

I believe he has done things that brought about his own downfall in that many posters here were down on him for not playing hard in garbage time. He just played team ball settng up teammates and such. I guess he did not know the NBA way of playing hard against beaten opponents is the way to get PT. It is not that he was lazy because he was known by the Wallaces and Chauncey as a hard worker. He spent like 4 plays setting up Amir to get his first NBA points on a slam. People just did not like the way he did things and were consistently down on him.

As a very young player from a foreign country, I believe he was not mature enough to handle all the unfairness he felt he was being handed.

The main reason is that we have seen him on occasion posterize good players, block shots, hit resounding dunks and such and so I believe he is not as good a player now as he was when he came up. If he had had the steady diet of decent PT, the education of the Wallaces and such, I believe he would have steadily improved which would have given him more and more confidence, so that now, he would be a very solid player.

And that is what we need now and it is what we needed this past period of years. Even the way things are, you saw how he performed in his few minutes in this last Piston game. And you saw how even tho he did very well in the first half, he was not played much at all in the second.

I hope he was auditioning for Joe, trying to get back here. He has found that the grass was NOT greener with the other teams, except in Europe where he is the leader of a very young Serbian team.

He even gets to shoot and everything.:stirthepot: Sorry, guys.
  17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

This is what I always liked about you lazy. Your ability to keep things light hearted.
  18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Here's a little ditty from ESPN today.........

Chris Broussard: All is not lost for the Detroit Pistons - ESPN

The best news is this........(brace yourself)

19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Oh man, that's a good article.
  20. Ernie the Slow Adult

To be fair Rip could just be texting everything to Curry like AI was.