Dumars looking at Deng & Igoudala for Prince

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Tay with Delfino as his backup..............???

That`s not funny............

2. NTC

NTC First Round Draft Pick

Would love a trade for Iggy, love the thought of Stuckey and Iggy playing together.

3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Deng is not an upgrade. He is only a change. Tayshaun never stands out but is consistently effective. Now if the trade was like the title stated (Tayshaun for Deng AND Iggy) than I would do it in a heartbeat.

4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I totally agree Kgreg. I think the other side makes good points too, but ultimately, the Pistons need change. If our guys were that good Dumars would have made a deal by now. Nobody really wants them.

5. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

Both seem like lateral moves, but Joe would know better than I. By the way, are Deng or Iggy on the Olympic team?

6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I think the chemistry change is also something that we need to factor into this equation...

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Prince sort of dominated Iggy in the playoffs when they went head to head.

Prince was 44 for 67 from the field (.657) with 30 boards.

Iggy was 23 for 69 from the field (.333) with 29 boards.

8. theWORM

theWORM First Round Draft Pick

I have argued along these lines too when defending the lackluster play and specific meltdowns of Tay in the recent ECFs.

Of course, that did not stop the Tay hater's from scapegoating him for practically the whole team's woes.

Free Darko? Wait till you see Tay freed from the bondage of playing absurd minutes and being asked to do it at both ends, AND advance the ball himself, AND pickup the rebounding slack of the 4 and 5 positions, AND initiate the offense in the half-court, AND guard the opposition's best scoring swingman, AND play incredible weakside D. Oh, how about scoring from the perimeter and making things happen in the post as well while he's at it?

9. Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho First Round Draft Pick

Are any of these guys a center (I already know the answer)? Then it really won't make much of a difference. We need rebounding and low post scoring.

10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Just to yell at you KGG, Poser is a "6" and he has stung our collective azzzz twice.

11. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I would probably pull the trigger on either of these deals. Especially Deng. He's maybe a wash right now, but he's 5 years younger than Tay. Deng's got a great mid-range shot, and would be a decent improvement on the glass over Tay.

Iguodala would be a tougher decision, but I think he would do pretty well as the 3rd guy.

12. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I mean are y'all that oblivious to talent??? Deng puts up GREAT numbers on a team where he has very little help. He's not one of those players who just chucks up a bunch of shots on a bad team and gets his 17ppg by default, his FG% is better than Tay's. If you swap him for Tay, that solves a BIG problem. Plus Deng just turned 24!!!! He's still on his ascension, Tay has Plateaued.

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Deng shoots an eFG of .484 to Prince's .476. Not a material difference there.

When Deng is on the floor, the Bulls give up 111 points per 100 possessions, which is 6 points more than when he is on the bench.

Prince is sittin pretty at 103 per 100, which is better than when he is off the floor.

Deng is younger, but Prince is hitting his prime. He is still the iron man and he has more deep playoff experience than any other player his age in the NBA right now.

I like both Deng and Iggy, but I just can't admit that they are better than our main man, Tashaun.

14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I'm beginning to think you haven't watched Deng play the last few years. He has major weaknesses in his game specifically no post game, an easily shut down transition mid-range game, a tendency to choke/disappear in clutch time, and no ability to be the go to guy. And not to mention awful post-defense. He's not dominant, he's not even better than Tay. He's younger than Tay. That's it. Trading for him would be trading for potential.

Ben Gordon is the only Bull that can deliver in the 4th quarter.

Why are we ignoring the fact that Tay DOMINATED both these players in the post season?

Wouldn't we be better served getting him an ACTUAL back-up, cutting his minutes, and evaluating his production from there instead of trading him for a lesser player (although Iggy might be debatable) ?

For everyone knocking his performance in the ECF, Deng and Iggy can't even perform in the 1st rounds.

15. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Think of it like when the new GI Joe/Barbie came out. It wasn't better, it was just new. I see the same sentiment in a lot of comments lately. It's like Tayshaun Prince never existed.

16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Are we talking about Tay or Deng here. In Det, Deng doesn't have to be our Go to guy. BUt our third option HAS to be better, and Deng has proven he can get you 17-20 EVERYNIGHT!!!! No way I trade 2 starters for Deng, but a Deng for Prince move straight up, I do in a heartbeat.

Also keep in mind this, we may not be able to improve our team via trade, but we may be able to CHANGE the team dynamic which could lead to an improvement. Some lateral moves won't be bad so long as it can change the lethargical team dynamic in existence. Some are banking on MC to do it, some think that a backup SF can do that......I DON'T.

PSS.....Tay played 33mpg last season, give me a break, if he needs more rest than that, then he NEEDS TO GO!!!!!!!

17. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

He couldn't do it against us in the PO's . . .

18. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I just checked the boxscores. In the Pistons-Bulls playoff series from '07, Deng averaged 18.8 points, ranging from a low of 16 to a high of 21.

19. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

so he was right GRIN.... i mean he went under the range by 1 and over the range by 1... way to eratic if you ask me.....

:MusicBigGrin:

20. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I think you are confusing TaShawn (who is an all-star) with Tayshaun, who hasn't made the All-Star team yet.

I would trade Tay for Deng straight up and hope to get some upside from the deal, but I wouldn't trade TaS. He's simply irreplaceable.