Dumars looking at Deng & Igoudala for Prince

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Jul 16, 2008.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Tayshaun Prince is a very good basketball player in this league, but he'll never give this team what it needs, 17&6. I've been waiting for 3 years fro him to rise up and he hasn't. I'm not knocking what he does, he's a REALLY GOOD player, but this team needs for that 3rd scorer to be able to drop 17 EVERY NIGHT, and I don't give a flying u-NO-wut, if he does it in the 1st half, 2nd half, 4th qtr, whatever. We need a 3rd SCORER right now we have 2 scorers and 3 ROLE players on the court, we need a 3rd SCORER PERIOD.

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Maybe we can get that 3rd scorer from the "most talented man in the NBA when he wants to be" aka Sheed, or from the 5 spot through a trade/ acquisition. We have a good, young, solid, dependable 2-way player right now in Tay.

Anyways, even though I'm obviously a big Prince fan, I'm just arguing this out of principle. Joe isn't getting rid of him unless it is for a premier player... like Melo/ McGrady, etc. I don't think he'll do it just to shake up the chemistry. I think that is probably the case for all of our players. Joe wants to get the better of another GM when he makes a deal.

3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Ahhhh the Sheed dilemma. Sheed is definitely capable, but...but....he's Sheed, he just won't do it, if Sheed gave you a KG or Ben type effort everynight or at least 85% of the time, everything would be ok, and we would have at least 3 titles. Most of my trade scenarios always involve Billups or Dyess, because despite the obvious flaws in their (Tay and Sheed) game, it's almost impossible to replace would Tayshaun and Sheed do for this team, just like we have yet to replace what Ben did for this team, from a lead by example standpoint.

4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I like Tay's intelligence, quiet leadership and versatility. That said, I'm not opposed to including him in a deal if it's a step FORWARD. Deng and Iggy are a bit of a sideways step for me. I just don't think either Deng or Iggy would be able to step in and help our young PG (Stuckey) run the show like #22 does.

I hope that this whole Olympic experience gives Prince a boost and makes him way more assertive next year. (unless he's traded to another team)

5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Seems as if alot of folks keep waiting for Tay and/or Sheed to become something that they're not, guarantee Joe ain't waitn' anymore.

6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Then that is by far the quietest, most game-un changing points i've ever seen. I watched games in those series more than once, and Deng looked invisible sans two.

Memories of Deng in the PO's;

Tayshaun backing him down repeatedly to score in crunch time of Game 3, Game 6

Him disappearing in the 4th quarter

Getting embarrassingly blocked by Sheed

I'm not understanding the hype over him. His own fans have a poll for how many times Deng will choke/disappear in crunch time. Bulls' management offered the guy 50 mil at the peak of his performance, and now are "far apart" on both sides. He's gotten no OS from any other team, and he doesn't have the mental fortitude to play through not signing a contract, and rumors of a Kobe trade.

7. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i simply remember maxiell giving deng a facewash after a play under the basket that got severely underplayed and unfortunately i've never seen footage again

8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Deng might deliver one-and-done edict to Bulls - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
    Reports are that Deng wants 6 years 75 mil . . .

9. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Come on guys, I love the pistons too, tried and true, I too remember the Maxiel slam on Deng, but also I remember how Deng have consistently lit us UP scoring from the perimeter, in the paint, from the free throw line. I also remember asking myself during the playoffs, can SOMEONE please step up and put Deng in check, he was their most consistent scorer.

The Bulls beat us all games they played against us last year, Deng again was their most consistent scorer, I absolutely hated the guy.

I also watched the Bulls and Wizards play in D.C.

I am not saying this is the person I would like to trade for, but Deng is no slouch by any means.

Note, game 3 last year, Deng put one of our players on a serious poster, can't remember who it was, I need to go back and look at footage.

10. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I don't think Pistons are going to want to offer Deng that money. And besides, who do you trade to get him?