1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Dumars Not Looking For Free Agents

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by NTC, Jun 30, 2008.

1. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

"Playing" will be very loosely defined if this year was any indication.

2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I have a hard time believing that some quality vets won't be willing to take a little less money for a chance to play with Trent Plaisted.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Trent Plaisted? What about Lindsey Hunter's retirement tour!

I can already see the Bill Russel / Lindsey Hunter interview.

4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Or at least Bill Walton.

5. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

As usual, Lindsey will do a great job of [STRIKE]spying for management[/STRIKE] offering a vets perspective to the young guys on the team.

6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Brand is staying w/ the Clips, and even if he wasn't, we have nothing to offer him.

This article does suck. I feel like there are FA's out there worth if not the whole MLE, close to it. In fact, I'd rather see a big FA signing than a lateral trade which is all that seems to be out there right now.

7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Like who??? and be realistic about them taking the MLE.

8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Ok maybe one FA LOL; Corey Maggette. Also I'd like to see us make a run at Posey; not exactly sure what his price range should be.

9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Will not take the MLE he wants Tayshaun type money, $8-$10/mill per. Posey, not even an option for us, Boston holds his Bird rights, so why would you leave a champion to take a lesser role for the team you just beat. The MLE isn't worth using, maybe if guys took a 1 or 2 year deal but they don't, they want 5 years. Using our MLE would be Naz-Mo all over again.

10. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

You have a point. The Maggette speculation comes from him being interested in ORL who can only offer the MLE as well which i guess makes it even less likely since he has a preference.

I'm not even looking at Brand/BD since IMO i think Brand opted out to facilitate a FA signing (Baron's).

11. Ernie the Slow Adult

So if they can't sign any free agents, wouldn't it have made sense to draft some players who might make this years team rather than the 2012 squad?

12. Ernie the Slow Adult

I wonder if DET could land someone like Ronald Dupree with part of the MLE? I hear he's available and he'd fit perfectly on this team.

13. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

WHO???? Do you really think the difference between where we are and where we want to go is Bill Walker??? Or a guy too arrogant to even work out for us because he doesn't want to play for his hometown team, Chris Douglass-Roberts. Puuhhlease, give me a break. Oh wait, I forgot about DeAndre Jordan, a less talented clone of Amir.......

14. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    This draft class was weak, and Joe got whatever he could out of it without risking much of anything. The free agent class is slim pickins as well. Maybe sign someone like Pietrus for a part of the MLE to backup Tay. He'd be a legit SF backup. Not going to get Maggette with the MLE. Lets be realistic, Joe will have to swing something with the starters in order to change things up.

15. max

max All-Star

I would like to say have some patience. I still believe something big is going to happen that will vastly improve this teams future. Something in the next couple of weeks.

The time for bandaids and quick fixes is over. Something is going to happen.

16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

That's an idea. Although he has extremely low b-ball IQ, he is athletic , can defend, and drive to the basket. Actually, that's a pretty good idea, but Dumars won't go that route if Sharp shows potential in the VSL.

Also what about J.R. Smith?

17. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I believe he just signed a qualifying offer with the Nuggets. So we'd have to overpay him in order to stop the Nuggets matching it. Not something that I can see happening.

18. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Last night, Baron D opts out. Won't be coming here for sure!

19. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

How does Boston hold Bird Rights for Posey? As I understand it, the player has to have been under contract to the same team for 3 years. Posey has only been w/ the Celts one year.

20. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

I'd consider going for Josh Childress, and still won't give up on Brand. Yes, he opted out to facilitate another signing to make the Clippers a quality team, but hey, do the Clippers ever do that?

I think the last time the Clippers made noise was with Brand and Magette healthy and still they faded. They can't bring Brent Barry back to get them in the playoffs no more.

So what would it hurt to bring Brand in, have him look around, get a feel and see if he REALLY wants to have that chance to WIN something.

If he signs for the MLE, which is me wishing to get drafted in 2009, then good! Crazier things have happened.

If not, then agrees to a sign and trade then give the Clippers Chauncey, Jmax and some filler, draft picks, Plaisted, i don't know...

If he doesn't want to be here, then at least we tried, curse him for the rest of his career and doom him to eternal looserville.

:MusicBigGrin:

Josh Childress, would be good off the bench, backing up 1-2-3 positions. He was even thought of once as a point forward. He has slowly improved each year in the league.

Corey Magette would be a good pick but he would demand starting time and unless a trade is done like Joe says, he won't break up that starting five. He also once thought he belonged to the Kobe Bryant superstar category and demands at least Tay-type money. So he has an attitude and a superstar complex. I don't know about him. But he can play, shoot and take it to the rack when healthy.

I'd pick up Diop for like 1/20th of the MLE.

No to Posey. Please, the guy played a major role in beating us. It would be good for all of us concerned not to have him here.

Go Pistons. Do, at least, something in the next few days or weeks. I'd like to have a semblance of a new team before the summer league so as to be able to work in the chemistry factor.

:)