Dumars: Pistons Won’t Be Active Before Deadline

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by monrams99, Jan 27, 2010.

1. monrams99

monrams99 First Round Draft Pick

I saw i from this website:(from that link below you can see someone who made a post abou JOE D which is interesting as per discussion is concern:

Dumars: Pistons Won’t Be Active Before Deadline - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

POSTED BY dagoldeneagle:
    he runs the most classless organization in sports.
    he not only conspired with david stern to ruin a.i.'s career over some bogus excuse of developing rodney "suckey", but also showed a lack of loyalty toward chauncey billups, tricked rip hamilton into signing an extension the day billups was traded, scapegoating rasheed wallace and a.i. for the pistons problem last year even though it was stuckey's problem, disrespected both rip and a.i. by putting them on the bench in favor of stuckey, publicly dangling tayshaun prince, rip hamilton even though they have done so much to the franchise.
    free agents beware. DO NOT SIGN WITH DETROIT

-----------------------------------------------------------
    I disagree with the dude saying its a classless organization....the pistons is a 3 time world champion. Whats your thoughts on these guys?

2. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Guy is angry about something. I read a few articles stating Billups wanted to go to Denver, and only Denver, so I'm not sure where he is coming from there. Probably a Bucks fan.

3. HarryFWong

HarryFWong First Round Draft Pick

the last dumars quote in senseless. i understand that he would like to evaluate the roster when fully healthy, but that means you pull your hat out of the trade ring and eliminate any possibility of pulling off a no-brainer heist? ridiculous.

4. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

thats the fans problem. due to lack of information-from fans perspective - every word from organization is taken and analyzed and overanalyzed for various "hidden messages".

r'lax.

5. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I hope no players see DAGOLDENEAGLES post because if so we have signed our last free agent! :pound:

6. Brap

Brap Starter

Rational and Dagoldeneagles should probably not be used in the same sentence.

7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good point. You can't say that DAGOLDENEAGLES didn't try to warn all of the free agents.

8. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

All right guys, I apologize for the post. I've hurt my back recently and have really been hitting the pain medication. I flew off the handle a little.

TO ALL FREE AGENTS: It is OK to sign with Detroit, we are very tight with the commish and it will benefit you.

9. Whitepine

Whitepine First Round Draft Pick Forum Donor

10. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

11. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

He was in the same mindset as the one when he drafted Darko, traded CB for AI or traded Afflalo and Amir for cap space.
    He tends to have this mindset a lot.

12. Brap

Brap Starter

Rip's a great piece for a championship level club. Someone around the trade deadline is going to want him - bad. He'd be a perfect fit in Cleveland, or even in Boston for Ray Allen. Denver and San Antonio would probably love him as well.

13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

My favorite but hated comment of this article:

If he ever loses his job at the Palace, he surely has some position waiting for him in Denver.

14. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

There were rumors about Spurs trying to acquire Amare from the Suns, and that the Suns were asking for Manu in return. If that came to pass, Spurs might be interested in acquiring Rip. Perhaps for McDyess? :stirthepot:

EDIT: Here's the rumor source:
    What is Phoenix thinking with Amar'e? - Ball Don't Lie - NBA Blog - Yahoo! Sports

15. max

max All-Star

This is highly disappointing to me. If it's true or if he really means it.

We needed a trade even before the season began. And now with JJ and Day coming along Prince has become very expendable.

Only thing I can think of is how Dumars may have gotten burned the last time by telegraphing his intentions of wanting to trade players. Maybe this way we will get a better deal. Who knows..

With that said, I would not make any trade unless its designed for the future. So that rules out Stoudemire since they are looking for young players and draft picks. Both of which the Pistons cannot afford to give up without getting something long term back.

16. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

This does call into question the recent FA signings... it's hard to sell this kind of money on non defenders... history shows our succcess has been directly tied to lock down defense.

The bigger question is ... where do we go from here?
    IMO, trade CV at the earliest convenience (can't spell "D")

If the lotto doesn't draw a top 3... this is a nice opportunity to trade down to acquire a proven young player and still get a young big (Cousins... stock is rising).

IMO, the full MLE will be a poor choice this summer... there are way too many teams with +MLE $'s competing for FAs this year... slim pickin's at the bottom of the well.

The new CBA will dictatate much lower salaries... most owners will be tightening the payroll (minus NJ, Cavs, Mavs, Knicks) .... meaning Detroit will have to get it done via trade and draft.

Hang onto Tay 'til next year when teams will be tripping over themselves to snag an expiring (considering CBA)

peace out

17. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

thats why I'm saying here:Rip is untradeable, Tay's salary expires next year.

18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

It may come down to letting Tay play out his deal and then signing someone with his $$. I got no idea who is available, but I like their chances of getting a player this way v a 1 for 1 trade. (Plus they could bookend their FA signings around the greatest FA class ever without touching any of the players much like the '04 draft.)

They may also have to look at moving Gordon because they might be married to Rip now.

19. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

In the last decade much has changed in NBA style components. Defense has been neutralized and the all-pervasive personality combination with offensive skills has taken over. The court is too tiny (the P/R is a challenge to that) and even centers feel comfortable around the three point line. This eventually hurts those that show their best game from maneuvering. This might be the opposite side of Kobe's request for getting back into some balance for defensive checking.

Too early for that. CV has an outstanding offensive game and still has room for improvement. You will need his offensive power. Granted, he is a fluff on defense, but can you not say this about the whole team effort?

I agree with this strategy. It will be very tough for any GM to pass on Wall. He is good, but I don't see him (like CP) able to carry a team. Depends on his leadership qualities. I don't think, at this stage, he is that exceptionally gifted; but the price is right for giving him time. The CBA might have something to say about the rookie salary levels, especially if they put in the hard cap. The bottom dwellers have always been mini-D-League training camps for high market cities.

Yep. This will come more into play and especially for the Piston ownership changeover. The organization needs further clarity and it looks to be that some assets will have to be cleared.

You have two points in this paragraph. Both important. The CBA will take a hit and the salaries will drop like never before. Amount and longevity of contracts will severely change. Hanging on to Tay is like getting two important contracts (players) and the fog will be clearing for better player decisions from within the organization. What is perhaps likely too happen: Tay's injury does not improve and he retires. This of course has been following a course indirectly sketched by JD. He joins the coaching staff.

20. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Maybe and then, maybe not. It depends on how he handles himself (less technicals, better passing) and continues to gain momentum.

He is exceptionally valuable for a playoff team. As we all know, things get squeezed and those small bunny shots (15 ft.) tighten up. Rip is an exceptional mid-range shooter and he knows how to free himself up to hit those open spots. Furthermore, because of this style he creates a defensive nightmare because he forces another defensive player (usually a 3-4) to help out his defensive buddy in that in-between area. He creates dynamic change points. Someone like the Spurs, and a coach like Pop would quickly figure out how this would help out Duncan and open the court up for Parker. Of course, another Texas team might benefit also.