Dumars: Pistons Won’t Be Active Before Deadline

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by monrams99, Jan 27, 2010.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

And yet Shaq moved to LA. Kareem moved to LA. AI went to Denver. Grant Hill went to Orlando.

Every 5 or 10 years, someone big moves. While it is not likely, it is not impossible.
  2. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

I guess someone has to be the one to fart in church so we all have a pew to sit in.
  3. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Shaq and Hill moved when they annonced that they do not sign extension with their previous team.

The same scenario is probable with CP3 but there are more attractive cities with possible lucrative commercial deals than Detroit.
  4. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

(FART) :sssh:
  5. max

max All-Star

Pistons were what the 4th most profitable franchise? I know a lot of people love to think its the 3rd world over here but its not true.

I also have a hard time seeing CP3 moved but why all the trade rumors the past 2 years?
  6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

If CP3 is leaving NO, I wouldn't be suprised if the Lakers somehow snatch him.
  7. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

8. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

You also have to be realistic. Detroit is cold. It is a really tough climate to be in for 3 quarters of the NBA season. The summer time is gorgeous, but that also happens to be the off-season where the player can go wherever he wants. Warm cities like LA, Miami, Orlando, Atlanta etc will always be attractive due to climate.

Of all the cities in the cold climates, New York is really the only place where you can find night life that you can't somewhere else (really how much greater can an Indianapolis night club be than a Cleveland one?)

Other than the above, there are only two other things that could lure a player to a city: family and chance to play for a contender. We are not a contender, so that's out. That means we can only lure an FA here who happens to have family in Michigan.

Otherwise we'll have to pay more than the other guy to get someone. Case in point: Gordon, CV.

So, to get a player like CP3, we'd have to offer him a max contract and daily foot massages by automotion. It ain't worth it.
  9. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

CP3 to Lakers would make a pretty sick team. CP3 is up there with Wade just behind Lebron and Kobe imo. This as a PG also, not as a SG which you can find a real good or two in almost every team. (or nine, like in Detroit)
  10. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

CP3 a good fit on the Lakers, hmm ... no, not really. He does not fit well in Phil's /_\ offense. They need a guy who does not have to handle the ball as much as Paul does and who can spot up for 3 and make that shot constantly.
  11. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, but Phil is getting pretty old.
  12. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I have heard Byron Scotts name tossed around as Phils successor in L.A...
  13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

14. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

as always it is kobe who manages personnel there. :stirthepot:
  15. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

I hope Joe has option to trade Rip or Tay before deadline,if he move Tay we can give minutes Hamilton and daye at SF giving more options to play minutes Gordon (with Rip) at the 2 spot.
    I prefer he trade hamilton because i believe in Gordon,he will be a great player with pistons.
    Charlie Villanueva he is going through a bad time for injuries but his contract is good,we just need one intimidating young player like big ben at his side while charlie is playing.

This year we need a major trade thinking in future,i´m sure tay or Rip(history players of this dinasty) will quit pistons before 19 february.
  16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

If Joe is truely not active before the trade deadline, or at least before of during the draft, then he needs to be re-evaluated and possibly replaced.

Right now we have 3 players starting for us earning less than $2M/yr. We have 3 integral pieces (Stuckey, JJ, Daye) who are playing on their rookie contracts, that gives you cap flexibility, and you have to use that to your advantage, if Joe doesn't do that, then well..........

He needs to be the most active GM in the league right now, it's not like he runs the risk of hurting the teams chances of succeeding because they start hearing that he's shopping players, what are they gonna do....start losing?
  17. Brap

Brap Starter

If Rip is traded and Tay stays, we can get Daye minutes at SG. Tay next year will be a very valuable asset, probably more so than he will be this season.

Patience is in order. Sucking this season wil get us a very nice draft slot. Being patient will allow us to orderly evaluate the guys on this team and how they play and work together. And that will put us in a position to get yet another high draft pick in 2011. We need to marshall and develop young assets, and we need to do what Portland and OKC have done - load up on tons of great young players.

I'm just hoping I can enjoy the ride and continue to see guys like Jerebko, Stuckey, Daye, Summers, Gordon and Bynum and CV make steady improvement.
  18. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

From the Cleveland Plain Dealer...

"However, the Cavs have intensified trade talks over the past several days and have been making progress, according to sources.
    Several sources said the Cavs have included the Houston Rockets and Detroit Pistons in their conversations, possibly in an attempt to set up three-team deals. The Cavs' major targets are still believed to be forwards Antawn Jamison and Troy Murphy. But they also have had conversations about shooting guards and the talks with the Pistons could involve Richard Hamilton, who has been made available in recent weeks."
  19. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Rip for LeBron? Joe D might have to throw Kwame in to sweeten the deal...
  20. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:D
    I had a similar proposal in mind. Let's throw in some more phrases; Bron is an expiring deal and he'll leave the Cavs anyway. By getting RIP, at least they'll get some value in return. Do it Joe!