Dumars Q & A For All You Dumars Haters

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, May 1, 2009.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

2. armygirl

Actually this was a very good interview. Sometimes we take for granted, (Us Non-Athletes) the wear and tear on your body when every year you go deep into the playoffs.

Interview was very realistic and hit on a few things that are often taken for granted.

3. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Politically correct answers. I expected nothing more.

4. blackhawk

blackhawk First Round Draft Pick

He did come out and say that the Iverson experiment went the other way and did not work out. Everyone already knows this but for Joe D to come out and say it is something new from our GM. At least we know for a fact, per Joe Dumars that Iverson won't be back.

In the past he would've circled around the topic and ended up saying nothing.

5. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I've written on the wear and tear thing before, but here's a little update for Rip and Tay.

Between them since 02/03 they've played in 1,302 games for 45,364 minutes, an average of 34.8 per game.

Using the same MPG and assuming an average starter might play in 78 games per season, then...

Rip has played 8.5 seasons over the past seven calendar years, and
    Tay has played 8.2 seasons during the same time.

Basically, each of these guys has more than an extra year's wear and tear on their bodies. And while it's been impacting them for several playoff runs now, this year is when it hit the fan big time.

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If playing an entire season puts such a toll on the body (and I believe it does), then I don't understand why he has let 3 straight coaches burn out the starters and neglect the bench.

A motivated bench player with average talent is more effective than a bored starter with a ton of talent during those regular season games.

Then, you get to the playoffs, you have a fully fleshed out bench, and you have energized starters.

7. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't think you can see the scoreboard from up there where Dumars sits. And if you're texting all game long, then you lose track of how long guys have been out there.

8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

You could look at it like this: if Joe was trying to win a Championship and if sending text messages was helping him achieve that goal... then he just wasted 5 years of his life texting when he could have been eating hotdogs and enjoying the games.

I really hope that it doesn't turn out to be a Kwame K type situation and that is why we've been on the decline.

9. Nemo

Looks like he's been still getting in the hot dogs...

[​IMG]

10. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

G-A-R-B-A-G-E!!!

Having Dumars say something like it is "imperative to continue to bring in new blood to that mix" would be great if he had actually brought any new blood in the last few years.

He's in charge of shaping the roster, isn't he?

11. max

max All-Star

During the full presser he did take responsibility for the AI trade. He described it as taking a roll of the dice and having it come up craps.

12. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Hey Keith? The fans are catching onto me! What do we do?

I know, Joe! Let's quell their anger and have a totally unscripted Q&A!

13. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I agree. What new blood? Cast offs or other teams rejects? Or continuing to play with our own little projects Amir and Max? We need to package a player, cash, or draft picks to move up in the draft and get a cornerstone to build around.

14. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

And you got nothing more. The opening shirt gyrations started out things rather badly.

15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Weren't all the players blasted last year for not being hungry? Now he's saying it was impossible for them to be motivated because they always made the ECF and the wear and tear that resulted from this. Unreal.

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The Donner Party was hungry and look at what happened to them.

17. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

True dat.

18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It's not unreal Ern. It's spin.

19. armygirl

While it's true that Joe D didn't live up to his promises after we got blasted out of the ECF, he hired Curry a rookie coach who looked lost most of the season, he drafted Darko, he has wavered quite a bit with some of his comments, and on and on and on.

No one here is talking about the Pistons being one of, if not the only team that is 20 plus million dollars under the cap.

For all of Joe D's mistakes, I gotta give him the same amount of credit for manuevering this organization into a very good position financially.

Do you know how many teams out there are crying about their salary cap situations and over-paying players who barely gets off the bench.

Gotta give the man some credit because contrary to a lot of comments on this forum, Joe is a shrewd businessman, a visionary. I remember a few years back how we completely dogged out Mike Brown and Danny Ferry for their incompetency, Danny Ainge for being such an idiot, even Jerry Buss, and Thorn. We talked about how we were so lucky to have Dumars as our GM. What a difference a few years make in looking at all of the the "blast Joe" comments. Selective memory lost is a B.

Hell if it was up to us, we would have half of the Tigers players on the Pistons roster or we would have a serious fluster cluck.

Joe has put the Pistons into a position where we can go out and do some serious damage in the FA market, IF he makes the right moves, we will be sitting pretty while the other organizations are trying to get to where we are.

Dateline 2010-2011, if we go out and prosper, get that championship in the next couple of years, just remember what was said here about Dumars incompetency.

Just keeping it real.

20. Nemo

Again though, my fear is that we go 10 more seasons with a 50 win season only occuring once...Because of Joe....