1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Dumars still has done nothing

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Lee356, Jul 8, 2009.

1. monrams99

monrams99 First Round Draft Pick

Hell Yeah!! I agree Joe D gambled I guess on a guy name Darko so..o..b..tch... amir a ballet dancer..But i guess what Im going to do is wait AGAIN and see it unfolds up until the trade deadline

2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

-
    Spurs have their mind made up about who they want to start. Unlike the Pistons that nibble at 5 different guys trying to see which one will blow their socks off in 5min. bits.

3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

When you have one of the best Pg's, Sg's, SF's, that's a no brainer, when the best PF to ever play the game is on your roster - No Brainer, when the last spot is a toss up between Dyess and Matt Bonner....No Brainer!!!! They're set in stone, the same way we were 3 years during the WallaceX2 days. Wait until Duncan is on a sharp decline, then we'll see how good they are, remember this is the same GM that gave away Scola-for nothing in return.

4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

It has been reported that the Spurs let Scola go because they did not think he would mesh with the chemistry of the team.

I would have kept him and blamed the existing players if it didn't work out, but that's just me.

5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

-
    Ahh, SG, SF, PF was set in stone here. PG and C should've been.

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Chase Budinger showed flashes of brilliance tonight in his rookie debut with the Rockets tonight slashing to the hoop to score 6pts in his 15 minutes......I wish him well, but hopefully this isn't another draft pick that Joe gives away and he turns out to be better than our second pick......

7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I think we need to come back to this thread. When Lee started it I thought...BOGUS! Now I'm starting to wonder. Grab your forks folks because I'm practically done. This is my last year, and I'm not giving him the whole year, if we go into training camp with this roster, I'm done. I mean does he know something about Austin Daye that I don't? I mean for all practical purposes I'm sure he does, but unless Austin Daye is going to turn into Kevin Durant overnight, or Charlie Villanueva finally grew hair and learned how to be less than atrocious at the defensive end......this dude has lost his magic.

8. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Forget fooling us.

I am beginning to think Joes greatest move was fooling himself.

9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Milwaukee just keeps getting better and better, Hammond has dispalyed a conservative aggression that is putting Milw right in the thick of things. Joe has done NOTHING!!! The only teams that can afford to do nothing are the ones who have promising young talent that just needs time.......boy I tell ya, Austin Daye must be Kevin Durant with PG skills and Rodney Stuckey must be ready to finally make 2nd team all-rookie.

10. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

KGREG-

That is the most depressing things about it. Rebuilding is mostly predicated on 1-2 young guys with very promising skill-sets to become stars. This is usually accomplished in the draft with a deft GM surrounding said player(s) with complementary pieces. It seems as if Joe has oversold himself on the skill-sets of certain players - Daye, Gorden, CV, Jerebko, even Maxiel. ESPECIALLY Stuckey. From this group I feel as if Daye could take the leap, but to what level? If Daye is your best player can you win a title? If Stuckey is your best player can you win a title? The jury is still out on the first, but a solid no from me on the second. In basketball I feel as if you can tell if a guy has it or not pretty early, unlike baseball and football where experience and body transformation have more importance. Stuckey is just not the next coming of Wade.

It is very interesting you bring up Hammond, whom I have felt has been the architect of the Pistons with Joe as the figurehead (great player, fan favorite, etc.) I look at the Bucks moves and it feels exactly like the Pistons moves from 2003-2005 before IMHO Joe took the reigns and started making most of the decisions.

11. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Al Jefferson just got dealt to the Jazz for pretty much draft picks. This is so frustrating. We are going to be worse than last year.

12. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

We should have fired Joe a year ago.

13. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Many here talk like there are multiple offers of top players in exchange for second round draft picks or bad contracts that are just piling up on Joe's desk, that there's a line of the superstar free agents to Joe's office just begging to sign for a minimum and Joe prefers to hold on to Rip and Tay. There was a franchise player available during the past couple of drafts, but instead Joe picked scrubs.

How does anyone outside the team knows what was offered and available to Joe? Did you bother to think that maybe the stars don't want to play in Detroit? What was the last superstar free agent that wanted to come here?

I am not trying to defend Joe, but do you have answers to these before you start to pike on?

14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I lived there for 25 years and I don't want to go back there either....:sssh: but I still love my Pistons, Lions, Tigers, Wings, sister and you guys...:)

15. MACKSnare519

MACKSnare519 First Round Draft Pick

I wonder what the Pistons would like if Hammond was still here.

But I do think if the Pistons can get and STAY healthy, we'd be a lot better next year. I hope that's why Joe D. *appears* to be doing nothing right now. We really haven't had the chance to see the team at full strength. However, how many years people had been saying the same thing about the Bucks before Hammond got there? On paper they looked like a playoff team, but they were ALWAYS injured(Bogut and Red, and look who's still injured smh).

16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

OK here goes:(1)Draft night, Minn trades Gomes to Port for Webster. That shows me that even though they drafted WesJ, they were still in the market for an experienced SF. A Tay + Pick for Al Jeff would not have affected their cap space at all. (2)They just gave AL away for draft picks, I have a hard time believing that with all these depleted rosters and cap space that NOBODY would take on Tay? I would be willing to that just make room for Daye and JJ to get burn at the SF position. That move would have allowed us to do the same thing Utah just did.I can go on and on. I admit I don't have any way of actually KNOWING if Joe has been working hard but just keeps getting shut down, what I do know is that this summer GM's have been MAKING things happen, teams have been making BOLD moves to improve (or at least maintain) their rosters while Joe Dumars has done nothing! He's got to let this piece of junk roster go!

17. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I like Joe. :(

18. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Do you think Joe D simply overvalues the current Piston players (Tay, Rip, etc.) in his own mind and is too stubborn thinking that he is waiting for "equal value" in return?

Or do you think Joe D has an emotional tie to guys like Tay and Rip that contributed to his first World Championship as a GM that he simply can't sever the cord?

19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

It's my belief (for whatever that's worth) that he won't trade them to a bottom dweller. I think Joe is being very particular about where these guys land. Said before, I'll say it again, what I wouldn't give to be privy to the deals Joe has turned down in terms of Rip and Tay.

20. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I like to operate in facts. That's, actually what I do. And coulda shoulda woulda doesn't work in the NBA. Until we have facts of what Joe was offered and what he turned down, there's no discussion. Jefferson was traded for the trade exception to get his contract off the books. Pistons didn't have that to offer.