Dumars still has done nothing

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Lee356, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

If Joe does THAT deal he should be fired on the spot! Two proven players and a 1st rounder for an 18 yr old kid who hasn't proven a thing?
  2. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

But not resigning Walter Herrmann was an addition by a subtraction right?

He's more proven then the rest of the draft class, he's been doing it since he was 16.
  3. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I am talking about facts. You're playing on emotions.
  4. NTC

NTC First Round Draft Pick

Joe D has 9 years GM experience, as well as another 14 or so as a player, I don't think he needs the fans to point out his team's weaknesses... who knows what he has lined up, the off season has really only just begun.

It's too early to criticize.
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

LEE !!!
    I should do a poll just for you. And no one else.
    The question is, How will the Pistons fare 09-10 as they sit today?
    <30 wins
    <40 wins
    <50 wins
    P/O seed 1-8 ?
    Which are you more happy is gone, Curry or Sheed ?
    [hint: I hope some one throws an elbow at Sheed the first time he comes to the Palace]
    Still Curry wins that one, but not by much.
    I can't let you dis the rookies, we are sooo weak at SF a rookie will make the team
    and contribute.
    Bynum, Stuck and BG will do just fine at PG and SG. Rip is a bonus for now.
    And our coach is experienced ! Ask Jimi
  6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Bingo. Joe needs to go after players of need and want; not just players of want.
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

You're great.

I don't have any dating problems except this forum that takes up most of my free time. ;)

I love cilantro.

All good rhetoric uses rhetorical tools like play on emotions. Rhetoric != logic.

The only problem is, Joe's understanding of what his needs are, is different than the fans. The fans look at what they think is good. Joe has to be accountable for having similar opinions. None of us lose our jobs if we are wrong about Carlos Boozer or Charlie Villanueva.
  8. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

rule no 1. NBA is not slave market where you can buy and sell slaves according to your taste.
  9. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I'll take 2 Magic's 2 Jordens 2 Birds 1 M Malone 1 Mailman 2 Russells with a side of Rodman, Wilt and Zeke...

Get it done Joe, its easy.... I read how easy on pistonsforum.com
  10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think I missed that trade. What was that about again?

And doesn't want to play here.

[​IMG] You are a good person.

You are such a computer nerd. I love it! :nerd:
  11. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

True,but shouldn't the needs of the team coincide w/ Joe's needs? Last i checked it's difficult to build a team w/ no center or PG.

Unless we plan on comprising our team of solely SF's and SG's, we're going to have a problem.
  12. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

You don't need a great point guard to win in the NBA. You need a serviceable ball distributor and a guy that can hit an open J. Look at the Lakers and the Magic. Who were their PG's?
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Random stat: Derek Fisher has played all 82 games in a season 7 times in his career, including the last 4 seasons. I never realized that he was such an ironman.

Fisher is pretty decent.

And Jameer Nelson was an all-star last season with a .503 FG% (.580 eFG!) and 89% FT%.
  14. roscoe36

Except the 04 Pistons, name the last NBA champion where the point guard was the 1st or second best player.

I'm seeing Tony Parker one year.

So we have Tony Parker in 2007. Chauncey Billups in 2004. And then Isiah Thomas in 1990. Then in 89 and then Magic in 88.

The cliche of a point guard being so important is an anachronism. The premium positions are the 2, the 4 and the 5. If you take away Shaq and Hakeem, it's the 2 and the 4.

Guess what positions the Pistons are loaded for bear at?

The 2 and the 4.
  15. blackhawk

blackhawk First Round Draft Pick

Trade all of our players for someone stashed in Europe for at least another year or two?

thats if he decides to play in the NBA!
  16. roscoe36

Your perception of needs differs from Joe's. That is to be expected. He is an NBA GM, and we're sitting in the peanut gallery clucking like hens. That doesn't mean his opinion or decisions are beyond reproach, but he does have an advantage, like oh, actually talking to real players and agents. I suspect this trivial distinction might contribute to why he cannot see things with our crystal clarity.

Rodney Stuckey and Will Bynum might be as good a combo as there is in the division.

Kwame is a darn fine center. You're one of the few people who kept ragging on him after he had brought his game to a new level. He's completely serviceable, eminently affordable, and has the potential and pedigree to exceed all expectations.

I'm under no illusion he is the next Lew Alcindor, but he's better than anyone else available in FA for less than $10 million a year. Why trade up to a higher salary like Chandler (presumably your choice) when it means we will have to dump quality at another position?

This is a time when judging Joe without understanding the business side of the NBA leads to unreasonable expectations.
  17. round

stop it.... don't try to make sence.... :p

another point i'd like to bring up after listening to folks talk about how as joe build the first team we had tons of centers and now we don't... As joe built the team of the early 2000's it was built with beating shaq in mind... now who do we have to build the team around beating..... yep king james and what position does he play?
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

And who is King James' center?
  19. round

nobody that we need to build our team around defending... having the option of 24 fouls to burn thru... We do need another center because I agree who we have can't play 48 mins a game, but I don't think we need to go crazy and over pay for somebody that we won't need to score. the way the team is coming together It looks like we need a get down and dirty defender/rebounder... between the players we have penciled to play 1-4 there will be no need to require a great center at.

where is that young ben when we need him.
  20. roscoe36

Size matters, but I think Joe is looking more towards shooting since it isn't easy to go out and buy premium talent at the big positions this offseason.

People might not like CV and Gordon, or think they are overpaid, but they are two of the better players available this year, and we locked them up. Ripping off divisional opponents in the process.

I think as far as LBJ is concerned, we're not going to get a guy who makes him work by scoring on him. So we are better off with a blue collar defender, a Bowen type, than a Prince, who is neither a big time scorer nor a big time defender. The problem with Prince is that he is a 6th man, a utility guy. But we can't make him the focus of the offense, he's not particularly gifted at distributing the ball (his use is more an indictment of our own poor offensive schemes and talent) and he's not a tough defender ala Artest or Battier.

I'd rather have a Raja Bell type guy harassing James and driving him bananas. Someone who uses all 6 fouls, instead of someone who ducks under on defense. Someone whose best offensive use is the spot up 3.