1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Dumars still has done nothing

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Lee356, Jul 8, 2009.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That sounds like a plan.

2. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I heard that "off season is over" sentence the last years and all we saw where signings like Mo Evans or Jarvis Hayes. I slowly start to think that this year it will be the same; I still don't get it; yeah, the CV signing is ok; but a SG for a team that is loaded with SG's and has NO PG what so ever and lacks a C is something I still don't get. Unless he trades at least RIP for a C Joe messed it up once more

3. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I think Joe is trying to put Kuester through the same test he put Curry through. A week or two into the season he'll trade half of the team just to see how Kuester reacts in comparison to Curry and to evaluate his performance through the end of the season.

4. max

max All-Star

Good post.

For those of you who started following the team back in 04, that team did not materialize overnight the day before you decided to watch them. It took a few years.

01/02 and 02/03 still goes down as some of my favorite years since you knew the only place we were going was up. I feel the same way now. Finally getting something new together here.

5. lovingj

lovingj First Round Draft Pick

I think we are putting too much value in Rip. A 30+ year old sg who can't create his own shot at 12 million a year? If Rip is not in the right offensive system as we seen this year with AI, he is total trash.

Maybe our tradeable assets are not really all that tradeable.

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Seems like we are interested in everybody from Davis, to Bass, to Milsap, to Boozer, to Chandler and player X, but we have not offered anybody anything....the saga continues...........Joe what have you done for us lately?

We are impatient fans dude...

7. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Seems like Joe was overly aggressive going after Gordon and CV and now he is sitting back being too passive filling the one thing we need a Center that can rebound.

8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

:sssh:

With the rumours that AA is possibly being traded for cash, our move into the PHX suns is almost complete. Tay at C!

9. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Hey, that's an exciting team to watch.

10. Winless Wonders

I think what Lee was trying to say is that we blew most of our money on players that are a dime a dozen. Sure Gordon and Charlie V. are upgrades, but they don't do the things that we need to win like play defense or rebound. We should have went after a rebounding Center or Power Forward first with our money. We already have RIP so why sign another SG?? Now that we have Gordon on the books you don't have the leverage to make a trade. The other teams now have the upper hand because they know Joe has to trade someone so the Pistons will not get the best value and if they trade someone they will have to accept the other teams terms and demands to make the deal happen.

11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

You got it about right. Just add that Joe continues dumb move after dumb move in the name of cap space - that he continually squanders on the wrong players - and you got his whole story from 2004 on.

12. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Such as...?

(Nice avatar btw).

13. Winless Wonders

Thanks

We should have been talking to the Clippers before we signed anybody. We could have gotten Camby or as a last resort Zach Randolph. I rather have David Lee than Charlie V. At least David Lee averages 10 boards a game and shoots above 50% from the floor and plays a little defense. I would not spend almost 60 million for Gordon to come off the bench. It makes no type of sense.

It seems like Joe wants to turn us into the Phoenix Suns of the East. Which is fine, but they found role players to fill those 3 pt shooter roles.

14. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I wouldn't. Lee may be a slightly better rebounder than Charlie V, but he isn't close in terms of offensive skill set and his defense similarly leaves a lot to be desired.

Plus, Lee wants way more money than he's worth.

15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Well, we just got rid of the one player who consistently gave us a chance to win games by toning down the perimeter play of the opposing team. Without Afflalo, we are a lottery bound team. CV and Gordon ain't going to give us enough scoring to even dent the point totals they will be giving up, let alone make up for losing two of our best defenders in Amir and Afflalo.

At this point, we are a 20 win team. Tops.

Now, people hold out hope yet of one more player coming. Guess what. One more player might make us a 30 win team. Tops.

Joe has done nothing, and its looking more and more like he is going to do nothing, and does not even care.

One more thing. A whole lot of ills over the past several years have been passed off by many as somebody else's fault besides Joe. Well, now Joe has no owner looking heavily over his shoulder, Hammonds is gone, and gone are any coaches with standing who could influece Joe. Its all Joe now. And his moves so far in this situation have been trash. Time to fire the guy. For this first time, I am openly saying that Joe has to go. He is the problem, though I really do hate to say it.

16. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Those must have been the most crucial 15 minutes of the game. At least we'll get a high lottery pick and draft a future star.

17. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Lee getting rid of Amir Johnson and Aaron Afflalo is showing that Joe Dumars is doing something. He's making the team worse right?

:)

18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

LK, are you serious, are you trying to rile lee up?

AA was a decent backup SG, but Amir is the human foul machine. Look at his summer league performances for crissakes. He's a 4th year player and 4 time VSL player and he is getting punked.

If you're good in SL, you have a shot. If you're bad, you're screwed.

I don't know why people are pining for Amir and Aff, when Summers and Daye are the most exciting rookies we have had since 2005.

19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Amir fouled a lot if not played regularly. Whenever he played steady minutes, the fouls subsided. Remember what Curry said. What he said was the truth, that Amir needed steady coaching - in other words, keep his role regular. Curry went back on that not too far into the season at all. (the Kwame starting with Sheed thing.) Curry, and his non-sense are gone. But Joe is still around so we still got house cleaning to do.

How many years downs the line do you suppose Summers and Dayes are going to take to contribute - especially on defense?

PS, other people besides me disagree with you, believe it or not.

20. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

No, I wasn't being serious. But it does seem that Joe Dumars is truly going in a new direction. Defense is no longer the motto it seems, and we never know how this team is going to look, until they go out and play.