Dumars still has done nothing

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Lee356, Jul 8, 2009.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I'll politely disgree with Lee on this (first time ever).

I'm definately pickin' up what you're layin' down on the weak defending SG & PF... but it's not like teams are lining up to make quality bigs available... Now I know Lee you ain't sad about Dice walking to greener fields...
    Sheed will be going downhill from this point (imo it started 3 years ago).
    Then there was the draft void of quality bigs.... so what was Joe's leverage?... simply stockpile talent at a possition that would allow him to move from a position of strength.

I also hated to see Afflalo go (rather have him and his contract over Rip).

But for all the naysyers it would be nice to see a better realistic plan put forth.
    This is the guy that got us to the elite level... if you think we were automatically due to continue the same road of excellence with old players high picks and MLE $'s to spend you may want to rethink your position.

I can't blame N.E. 1 for questioning BG & Villa-No-D... but the summer ain't over yet.

Peace
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Lee, I really think you just say these things to stir up controversy. I'm no basketball expert. Far from it. But you add a Bosh or Camby and this team is going to be pretty darned good, IMO, (and exciting too).

Amir had his shot. Spell check was OK, but where do you really think we were going with him?
  3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Darth, not even in the slightest. Its just my opinion. Take it or leave it, its what I think. If you notice, I don't actually have much time to post these days. (Just aced a trig exam today so I can calm down a tad.) It might be several days before I check back again, so I really don't care much what anyone posts as a result of my posts. I do not read back more than a day when I do get a chance to read this forum, so whatever people write, I most likely won't be reading it.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Bless your soul. :D

I just blow it off. Everyone has an opinion, but not everyone knows what they are talking about.
  5. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

THANK YOU!
  6. roscoe36

Yeah, I agree. Lee's just blowing off steam after his trig exam.

I'm sure he will come around in a couple days loving Joe 100 times more than ever before. The old lee, the happy lee will be back.
  7. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agreed with that. How much more upside does David Lee have left anyway? If he does get his $12m contract this year it's going to look very bad for that team in two years time (cap decline).

:pound:

You probably won't read this but... you come to the forum to post what you think, then leave and not discuss with others? Other than venting, what would you get out of this? It's like talking to yourself but everyone knows you're doing it.
  8. max

max All-Star

I was kind of thinking about making that one my signature.
  9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

LOL. I'm stealing your idea!! :nerner:
  10. max

max All-Star

That's funny but I meant the whole paragraph not that one bit.
  11. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Although Chauncey was the last Piston I wanted to see go he had the most value out of our starters. Joe was set with this plan of totally reshaping this roster and decided to start at the top. The fact that we're down to our last two (and I never thought Tay and Rip would be our last two) shows Joe's making a major effort to reshape this team. If Joe can add another piece through FA or trade like an expiring contract for next year or a major piece now I'll be happy with that. I'm not the guy who's expecting this to be a one year transition.
  12. House Dressing

House Dressing Bench Warmer

Amir is junk. He is the perfect example of fans falling in love with their own project players. "Just wait till next year when Amir has had time to work on his game in the D-League. He'll be awesome next year." Joe was right to finally cut bait on this turd. He'll be out of the NBA and playing in some Italian hell-hole this time next year. Wait...did you hear that? I think I just heard a whistle blow 6 times. Amir must have fouled out again.

When someone says you have potential, it means you suck. We just haven't seen enough of you sucking to grow tired of you yet.

That being said, I did like Alf. He seeme like he had the makings of a solid pro. But I can't blame Joe for moving him. He wasn't going to get any run with both Gordon and Rip. Better for him and us if we move his contract and hopefully use the money wisely on another FA.
  13. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That's pretty harsh on Amir...

And what's wrong with Italy? I'd be happy to get paid to live there! Ciao bella!
  14. roscoe36

I'd play in Italy before I played in NY.
  15. max

max All-Star

The guy - Amir. Was hyped up so much that last year was like a large helium balloon busting in our faces. What were they saying about him a couple of years ago - He would have been a top 10 pick had he went to college, going to be an all-star someday.

In reality he was just the 58th pick in the draft one year. A guy with potential and that's all.
  16. House Dressing

You and I would be happy to get paid to live in Italy. But Amir had a chance to live life in the NBA. I'm guessing the Palace locker rooms are a little nicer than those in a Sicilain YMCA.
  17. G-man

G-man Starter

Historically speaking, his claim to fame is that he was the last high school player drafted into the NBA after they changed the rule...
  18. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

I don't believe that anyone has apologized to Flip yet over Amir.

Criticize him for his faults, but him and his assistants hypothesized that he was junk long before any of us.
  19. House Dressing

That is very fair. We all drank the Amir Kool-Aide. We were hoping for cherry, but we got grape.
  20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Amir could run and float to the rim when running in transition. Daye can do the same thing. But Daye will be junk if he isn't used right.
    -
    And since I was so hurt by the Amir thing I won't be giving my platonic man love to anyone else ever again.