Dumars still has done nothing

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Lee356, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Now you've just turned the thread into a rant about Kool Aid discussion. No wonder Roscoe referred to you as a "Forum Weenie" yesterday.
  2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Best Kool-Aid flavor is Red.........duh
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The real tragedy is that lee won't come back and read what others have written, and so we will be deprived of his opinion on the most popular flavour of Kool Aid.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm really enjoying G2 gatorade lately. It's a little sweeter, but not too sweet.
  5. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Try it with the all red starburst. They compliment each other rather well.
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I like G2 a lot.
  7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Now that's G.
  8. linwood

linwood All-Star

Just looked at some of that Kool-Aid data. Grape has a very strong showing in the "Most Hated Flavor" category.

Sharkleberry Fin was tops around the turn of the century, but I think that was just a fad. Despite it's numbers, I've always thought Sharkleberry Fin was very over rated. Like T-Mac.
  9. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

:swear2: Sharkleberry Fin.

That :censored: flavor ain't got nuthin' on PurpleSaurus Rex!

SharkleBerry Fin can :tape2::rant: and :yuck: :gun1::yukpuke: til it :gettinghanged: and :hanged2: as far as I'm concerned.

SharkleBerry Fin....:rip:...sucker.
  10. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Sooooo are you saying you don't particularly care for Sharkleberry Fin?
  11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

LOL. CW, that's got to be your best post since you gave Coach Curry a B+.
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

It's all about the white powder.
    The cane.
    The Hawaian Sweet White.
    Not the saccarin.
    Or nutrasweet.
  13. BB4L11

BB4L11 First Round Draft Pick

For real? Rubio is untried at this level and you want to trade away an All-Star and a Olympian as well as a 1st rounder for him, you must know something we don't know about this lad. :sssh: Please tell.
  14. BB4L11

I think Lee is still upset that Sharpe has been traded, he was touted by Lee as the Bron stopper in game two after we got rolled in game 1 of the play-offs after playing only a handfull of minutes for the season. :pound:

BB4L
  15. BB4L11

Can't we just buy them from the store and save time.:)
  16. BB4L11

Anyone who can bring the ball up the court can play PG, what we want to know is can he pass the ball and make his teammates better?!? Let's wait and see what happens. Remember this is the NBA not College, no real defence up the court.

Didn't Affalo get traded???

Patience guys, enjoy the season and let the people who actually get paid to make decisions worry about who is gonna play where.
  17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

DUMARS STILL HAS DONE NOTHING? That's pure BS!!!!

Maybe he didn't DO what you wanted him to do, but he has indeed something.

Yes we have a need for a Big Man who can defend (Kwame can do that), patrol the paint (Kwame's decent at that), rebound (Kwame's OK at that, and catch&finish (OK, Kwame can't do that); but aren't there like 20 teams in the league looking for that player?

No all Joe did this summer was give us a team with some young talent who will be able to compete for a top5 Playoff spot AFTER our window closed, while we work to open up another. Take a look:
    • PG: Rodney Stuckey, yeah he has alot to prove, but what he has shown is that the tools are there to put him in the All Star game at the PG position, and he's what 22 years old.
    • SG: Ben Gordon, will be an All-Star this year, can light it up from the field, arc and stripe at a high percentage, and he's only 26
    • SF: Austin Daye, we don't know if he'll pan out, but we do know that he's 6'10", can handle it, can flat out stroke it, and is silky smooth, all of the tools are there for this young 21 year old to be as good as Kevin Durant or Rashard Lewis.
    • PF: Charlie V, 6'10", 24 years old, avg'd 16&7 last season, can score from anywhere on anybody and his best days are ahead of him.
    • Summers & Jonas: 2 YOUNG hybrid forwards with 1st rd talent that we got in the 2nd rd.
    Of course we still need a Center, but at positions 1-4 Joe has assembled talent and youth to make the Pistons future bright for another decade of hoops. Obviously there are alot of if's and variables and all of this may flop even worse than the AI experiment, but his moves have given us a chance and that's all we can ask for. Joe's biggest screw up this summer may be giving Budinger to Hou, but if that's as bad as it gets, SO WHAT!
  18. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Sorry you are so far out of date. I no longer feel Joe has done nothing. I now feel he has done far worse than nothing. We are a 20 win team, tops.

Lets start with Stuckey. A promising young backup point. There was no reason to move Billups when we did. Billups is one heck of a point guard, and was very reasonably paid by us.

You like Gordon? As a shooting guard? Rip already works here. Just trouble.

You going to preach to me about the promise of rookies? You got to be kidding.

Our two best defenders last year, Amir and Afflalo have been given away in the name of cap space. To bring Wilcox aboard? Insanity.

You like CV. Notice what we are paying him. Not too many other teams apparently saw much in the guy.

Joe did what he has been doing so well of late - making rash stupid moves in hopes fans like you and others would be fooled into buying tickets.

I ain't buying.
  19. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Man I don't get you. You out of all people I thought would love these moves. We should have kept Billups? I disagree. Billups isn't a fountain of youth, he is only going to get worse. I love Billups and what he brought to the team, but it's 2009. Time to move on to a new "core". If we didn't move Billups we would come back with essentially the same core AGAIN. For what, the sixth year now? Like I said... time to move on and I'm glad JoeD did.

We are now significantly younger. You talk about players who have no skills what so ever, but you are downing JoeD for signing Charlie V (16/7 guy last year in less than 30 minutes) to a reasonable 5 year, 35 million dollar contract? Seriously? Signing Chris Wilcox is a good move too. It's reported at two years 6 million. It's not like JoeD pulled an Isiah Thomas and overpaid for scrubs. So please explain to me how are these moves are rash stupid moves?
  20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Its my opinion that Joe's moves of late have been rash and stupid. The season will prove me right. No defense will be played by the Pistons, and other teams will walk all over us.

Our core has not been the problem. Its been overplaying our core, despite its aging, that has been the problem. Mismanagement of players.

Joe hired Flip, and let him mismanage his players for too many years. Then Curry, an utterly disastrous move. Further mismanagement. Then toss out good players for nothing except for the sake of change. (at least that is what he is selling to the fans. Actually, things are going a lot worse than he would let on. His respectability is taking major hits.)