Dumars: Trades, free-agent signings possible

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by markie8002000, May 1, 2009.

1. buffaloBRAVE

buffaloBRAVE First Round Draft Pick

man sheed is the "classic underachiever", I dont think I ever saw so much talent go to waste! and no heart either! combine that with a poor attitude and what you get is a waste of talent.

You can see he gave up on the Pistons this year, and LeBron posterized him to end that series, yea it was Bynum who was guarding him, but Sheed aint even attempt to contest a posterizing dunk as Lebron put the exclamation point on the sweep!

SEE YA SHEED!
  2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

This can't be emphasized enough.
  3. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

That's completely irrelevant. You can't take one bone-headed play and use that to draw3 a blanket judgment on his defense.

----------------

Hows do you measure Sheed practically shutting down Dwight making it the principle reason we always own ORL ? or him being completely solid against PHI defensively? or things of that nature?

I'm not saying he's the rock of all that is D; simply that in terms of the upcoming FA class, he is a better option than Odom and would make more of a mark on whatever team signs him vs. Odom.

Odom has been in fact pretty useless the entire PO's getting owned by HOU's role players and now being mediocre against DEN.

-------------

I completely agree that he's capable of so much more, but that doesn't negate the fact that he's still a better option than Odom. Give the Spurs/Orl, etc a choice between Sheed or Odom and i don't think they would blink when they make their decision.
  4. buffaloBRAVE

buffaloBRAVE First Round Draft Pick

Funny, Odom was huge tonite! I'd take Odom over Sheed.

Sheed is so talented, he just gets me so frustrated when I see him not playing to his full potential and gettin T'd up all day and nite!

and what's with the threes! man he was shootin threes like he was reggie miller!
  5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

1 game.

But seriously not funny god. Get better timing. LOL
  6. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Agree to disagree. And my statememnt about who was gaurding Horry was made not to back up my point but to further vent about a play that IMO cost us a championship.
  7. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

If that's the case, it's just another indication that Curry doesn't know what he's doing. Both Rip and Tay are capable of hitting the 3 and AA also has shown he can do so as well. Why then make your starting center your primary 3pt threat?
  8. Walter

:sssh:
  9. Walter

Odom's also 5 years younger than Sheed.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I don't think Flip told Sheed to shoot more 3's, it's just that he didn't yell at him when he did.

Sheed's natural inclination is to shoot left-handed 3's. But he knows that the coaches would frown upon it. His second favorite thing to do is to shoot right handed 3's and then yell "you can't guard me" when he makes them.

At least Flip was able to keep Sheed away from the lefty shots most games.
  11. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I heard from a "Palace insider" that Sheed did indeed use his left hand when messing up Flip's desk each day.
  12. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Since they are both inconsistent, Sheed is the better option b/c he almost always makes an impact on D. Just IMO, but i feel like we all tend to overrate players on other teams.

You'd think Memo turned into a post-up Tim Duncan while he was gone from the way people want him back.
  13. Stereodave

Stereodave First Round Draft Pick

I've always liked Memo so maybe I am biased but I remember when he was here I thought he responded well to pressure situations. He played better in big games and when games got physical he would get in and mix it up a little, and make shots.
    I have not followed him much since he left but as a young player I thought he was tough. Intangibles are the hardest thing to judge but ultimately are the most important thing.
  14. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

If I'm remembering right it seems like Memo was quoted 3-4 weeks ago saying that he would do whatever it takes to stay in Utah. Anyone else read that?
  15. BallDon'tLie

I've never really thought of Memo as being "tough".

[​IMG]
  16. Stereodave

Stereodave First Round Draft Pick

That's kind of a defensive stance, isn't it? :rolleyes:
    I thought his interviews were funny too, but that might just be the accent.
  17. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Not to mention how he he would openly pout when LB would get on him about not posting up/getting inside and the refusing to take any shots closer than 15 ft....lol. But, then again, it was OK with our fans for Memo and Darko to pout and/or disrespect LB because he wasn't a good person, unlike Dolphin and Tandoori.

...maybe that was the key...you weren't allowed to have an "o" at the end of your name on a team coached by LB. Case in point: Caramello didn't get much PT with LB in the [STRIKE]World Marketing Games[/STRIKE] Olympics.
  18. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

The one LB/Memo story I'll never forget is when during our championship drive, game 5 against the Nets, series tied. We go into triple OT, Sheed and Wallace both foul out. LB plays Darvin Ham and Corliss at the 4 and 5, keeping Okur on the bench. Of course we lose. Classic. Thankfully, we were able to win the next 2 games, but that game convinced me that LB would rather lose than play guys he doesn't like.
  19. BallDon'tLie

I remember the first time I heard a sound-bite from him his rookie season and I thought he was kidding. That WAS his real voice though.

He sounds like Latka Gravis from the TV show "Taxi".
  20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

If I was a foreign NBA player there is no way I could get through an interview without imitating Borat at some point and saying 'Yesssssss' or 'I like you do you like me?' whenever I could.