DUMARS TURNED DOWN 3 TEAM TRADE

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by BG*CV*STUCK, Jul 11, 2009.

1. BG*CV*STUCK

BG*CV*STUCK Second Round Draft Pick

My friend on a differnt forum posted this "Keith Langlois emailed me back!!!He said "It’s certainly a well-conceived trade. As much as Hamilton brings to the table, I’m pretty sure it’s one the Pistons would do..." which is pretty positive.He didn't know how Golden State would react, and the only negative he noted was that Hamilton's contract might put Utah off.He also told me that Dumars turned down a 3-way trade that WOULD have brought Boozer in, did not involve Golden State, and did not involve Hamilton. That's all he could tell me.For my impression, it sounds like that Prince to Portland, Boozer to Detroit, Bayless to Utah rumor was right on the money... but that Dumars nixed it" the trade he is refuring to in the first paragraph is a trade he had thought up of by him self.

2. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

So he's actively trading RIP, not Tay.

3. BG*CV*STUCK

Seems like it. I would have accepted that deal IMO pistons got the best piece in that deal that would have sent bayless to utah. Tay to por and boozer to det

4. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

If Joe nixed Tay for Boozer straight up, then he truly has no idea of the value of his own players. No wonder he can't make a move if he thinks Tay is so good.

5. BG*CV*STUCK

Funny thing is that prince had similar #'s to matt barnes of phx. He just had 4 more points per game in about 11 more minutes of playing and starting. Barnes came off bench

6. max

max All-Star

Thing is Tay can play 4 positions and Rip is limited to 1. Plus he makes about 3 mil/yr less.

7. BG*CV*STUCK

Just got a email from langlois again saying he can't say any more about the trade

8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Rarely do I agree with you, but on this particular post, I'm right there with you.

We ALL saw the Tay as a PF disaster, more than once. We ALL pretty much agree that Tay at the PG is brutal to watch. It's debatable if he's doing any good at the SF spot these days, and if he can't stay in front of SF's he sure as hack can't keep up with a SG!

Tay will earn $10.325M this year, Rip $11.625, it ain't that big of a difference.

But in fairness to Joe, he probably wanted to unload Maxiel and pick up one of Port's 18 SF's too.

9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

You might want to play this closer to the chest. Inside poop is hard to come by.

10. BG*CV*STUCK

It sure is

11. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Those rumors already circulated. I think that it may be more of a character issue at this point as it looks like Joe may be thinking that Sheed rubbed off on Rip too much.

12. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Horrible.

You have a chance to rid yourself of an awful contract and you turn it down?

13. max

max All-Star

So he is not the all-star we all thought he would be. He is very versatile player. Can you image Rip at the 3?

14. G-man

G-man Starter

This was posted yesterday in here under Articles worth Mentioning

"The Detroit Pistons, meanwhile, continue to be widely mentioned as a trade suitor for Boozer, but sources with knowledge of Detroit's thinking insisted again Friday that the Pistons will not join the trade bidding for the Team USA power forward because they think Tayshaun Prince and newly signed Charlie Villanueva will complement each other better than Boozer and Villanueva would."

Chicago Bulls prefer Jerryd Bayless of the Portland Trail Blazers in in 3-way trade talks including Utah Jazz - ESPN

15. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Who knows if it actually came this close. It's 3rd-hand and 4th-hand rumors. I don't pay much attention to these sort of things.

16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

No, he isn't. I forgot who said it but it sums Tay up perfectly: Tayshaun is always considered to be an "All-Star" type of player, they always talk about how "underrated" he is. Tay is so underrated that he's overrated.
    Yes, as sad as it sounds, I can see Rip at the 3. Tay already gets lit up at the 3, so we might as well put a player at the 3 who gets lit up, but will at least LIGHT the opposition up in return.

17. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

the deal is trade Hamilton four years contract, Prince is a good player,in plenty age to play basketball and only two years contract. If joe can deal hamilton, in other deal with Tay could include Maxi contract.
    If joe make this, we could be very happy,with tay we can gone draft picks and one center until next year.

18. max

max All-Star

I am starting to get the impression that you are not a big Prince fan.

19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Re: DUMARS TURNED DOWN 3 TEAM TRADE Max I am a Tayshaun fan, but I'm realistic about

Actually I am a Tayshaun fan, it's just that I'm realistic about his limitattions. He's a glue guy, which is great when you're surrounded by 4 All-Stars. For all Rip's faults he can, will and does drop 18 on any and everybody, I can not say the same for Tayshaun. Lastly the gig is up on Tay's defense, he was all NBA when all he had to do was funnel players into the Wallaces. He is indeed one of our worse perimeter defenders.

20. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Sheed rubbed off Iverson, Rip rubbed off Sheed, Tay rubbed off Rip, Curry rubbed off Stupidity, Joe rubbed off Curry, etc, etc, etc. What was this team, a day spa? So Sheed rubbed off Rip when Billups was sent to Denver. Incredible.