Dumb and dumberer

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Lee356, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

So who is the silliest clown in town? Kuester because he can't coach, or Dumars for hiring him?

Kuester has no clue. Not one. Not even close. Watch as he repeats his mistakes. Rip in way too late last night, just like the first game of the season.

And will Tay's back survive Friday night, the 3rd game in 4 nights. You know, just like the season started. Tay did not survive that, and I doubt his back will get thru Friday night.

And Kuester is completely unaware of such things, because why? The heat of the moment. All his decisions are made in the heat of the moment. Never does he follow any plan he makes before a game starts. I guess he learned to just quit making decisions.

But is Dumars dumberer? Hmmm, how is that Wilcox thing working out. Lets see, we gave up our best defensive perimeter big man and our best defensive perimeter guard to make cap room for Wilcox. Wilcox has barely played, and the little he did play, he was hampered with a back problem.

But that is not nearly as silly as signing Ben Gordon, another scorer at shooting guard. Rememeber what happened last year when we played Rip a lot at small forward. He got injured from banging around with larger players. So you tell me Dumars is so out of it that he actually plans for Rip to play a lot of small forward this season? You can't really get much sillier than that.

Back to the main question, which of these goofballs is running the ship? Whichever one is, speak up, take responsibility for the mess, and then promptly leave town.

Now that that is settled, how about reviewing some of the other mistakes Kuester has made from day one.

First of all, we draft 3 small forwards, and Kuester decides to play how many? None of them. JJ only got into the rotation due to a myriad of injuries. I mean the whole team had to go down before Kuester would play any rookie. And now, guess what, none of these 3 are playing a single minute at backup small forward. None of them.

So again, who is the dumberer, Kuester, for not playing any of the small forwards Dumars drafted at small forward, or Dumars for drafting them?

Bottom line, this team is not a bad team. The coach, by who he decides to play (whether or not Dumars is pulling his strings) has lost us games. Like CV playing way too much while suffering PF. Like Tay playing way too much too fast after his layoff. Even Rip was getting played into shape, never mind the win column. And there is of course Gordon coming back too fast. In all, Kuester has always made the same exact choice: regardless how well a rookie does, as soon as possible he gets cut completely cut out of the rotation. 100% out. While vets who are injured are allowed to lose us games because they can't play too well while coming off injury.

The Pistons are a joke. And its not because of the players. Would Kuester or Dumars please stand up and tell us where the utter non-sense is coming from.

Oh, and Dumars hiring his buddy Atkins. That is lame. What is worse though, Dumars having him on the team or Kuester beind dumb enough to play the guy. Again, someone please stand up and take credit for that nonsense. We are all waiting.

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Lee you are wearing your frustration on your shoulder...and I see and hear it.

I too question Dumbars for drafting three forwards, trading away his best player for career non-team player in AI and hiring two coaches with less experience than his Bad Boy team mate Laimbeer.

Since you are calling Kuester a bad coach, who do you think was the worst hire Kuester or Curry??

3. max

max All-Star

Kuester has not been impressive so far but to me he is pretty much just playing the hand he was delt.

4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Yes we were always going to have playoff type talent for this decade because we are the "Entitled Pistons".

5. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

I like this. Stay tuned. Sorta-like the radical middle-class, that sees itself drowning.

6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I like Kuester. I think he is a good coach.

7. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Tough to say. Both are experience-mature adults and the game has been their whole life. They each got something from one another when they needed it the most. Not to be unkind toward JD, but he came in the back-door after nailing-shut the street entrances. Q came floating through the front door and following the dream. Might be nice if we gave him some slack. He will be coaching next year.

8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Give them [strike]bread and circuses[/strike] Big Macs and Ultimate Fighting.

He will be coaching somewhere. I don't think anyone lasts another season like this.

9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Did coach Q he get a one year contract to prove himself or Joe get hoodwinked into another multi year deal??

10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

The Pistons stink.
    -
    Nice work Lee...

11. max

max All-Star

It's always multi-year. He is not going anywhere, not with the uncertainty in ownership.

12. BillLaimbeer

Two-year contract with a team option for a 3rd year at $1.5 million.

13. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Was there really an article this preseason that listed CV as one of the top 50 players in the L?

14. roscoe36

I though Curry was underpaid considering how much Flip made, but it is insulting what Q took in order to get the job. You had to know Avery Johnson wouldn't have taken the job for twice as much, maybe not even for 3 times as much.

Kuester is starting to feel like a Rod Marinelli type character, complete with Mike Martz (Brian Hill) standing on the sideline with him.

15. BillLaimbeer

Joe D knew that this team was going to stink irregardless if you had a $1.5 millon-dollar coach or a $5-millon-dollar coach. Why waste the money? The product is becoming somewhat embarrassing, though.

16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Short of erasing the plays from the grease board and perhaps kneeling down behind coach Q while an assistant pushes him over in the middle of timeouts, I'm not sure how much tougher Joe can make things on his head coaches.

Maybe they could get the Palace Jumbotron to prompt the crowd to heckle the coach?

17. Wiggles

Wiggles First Round Draft Pick

The pure ignorance of fans this year sure has amazed me. We had a great run, now its time to rebuild. Get over bashing Joe and coach Q.

If you try and hang on to long, you turn into what the Spurs and Suns are now. Yes they will make the playoffs, but have no shot at winning it all.

We have some great pieces for moving forward. If you hoped on the bandwagon in 04, and continue to complain that we wont win it this year, please go over to the Lions forums.

Joe D did a wonderful job to give us many great years of basketball. He saved us from the Olden P, Oliver Miller, Otis Thorpe, Terry Mills, days. Or would you rather see our team run like that again? Maybe he should go sign Marberry.

Good or bad, I will be there tonight rooting for my team.

18. roscoe36

Years and years ago, I took my first low level management job, when the big boss got fired, and everyone got bumped up the ladder one spot.

They offered me 70% of what the other person who was going to be doing the job was scheduled to receive.

I had it out with the general manager, and basically said this.

You want me to do the same job she was going to do, as well as you would have expected her to do it. So based purely on the task and its expectations, how can you justify paying someone else less?

I got 90% and housing concessions in the end. I also got the respect of my employer, who saw me in a completely different light.

I think that is why LB hit the road. Here was the first uppity coach since Daly to think he had run of the Palace and locker room.

19. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I give him a B+.

20. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

I think coaches (especially newer ones) feel they must give deference to the veteran players on the team who are making a lot more money than them, and who may well have a lot more influence than they do with Pistons management. There is a real power imbalance between a new and low-paid coach and veteran players. In a sense, Kuester is not only working for Dumars, he is also working for Tay, Rip and others on the team. A new coach has to know that he is more expendable than veteran players, especially when things are going bad. By way of hypothetical example, Q would know that if Rip and Tay were unhappy with their playing time or the way they are being used, their complaints to Joe D. that Q is a clueless coach would carry a lot more weight than Q's rejoinder that Rip and Tay need to sit on the bench because of their bad play.