Dupree to be cut

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Oct 28, 2005.

1. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I wouldn't call him a phenom. lol.

But Dupree is alot better than what he has received credit for. I don't think Dupree has ever played his way out of a job......just been a victim of too much depth at a position. Dupree played very well while in a Chicago uniform. I've been following his career and I truely believe his failure to get valuable playing time is merely a matter of opportunity versus talent.

I think its just hard to cut a player out who has been working so hard to become a contributer for this franchise the past couple of years. It really is a matter of timing. Unfortunately, the timing is not right for him here in Detroit.
  2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

On a WDFN sounbite from Flip he was saying they are waiting to the ninth hour to decide who gets cut, (giving the old cliche of you never know......blah, blah, blah) said something about how Joe and John are working the phones. Sounds like they are trying to trade Dupree or at least find out who's interested. None of this would have been an issue if we would've just done a sign and trade of Arroyo and Dupree for Antonio Daniels. But I do like Arroyo, honest I do, just think AD is an upgrade-defensively, and from beyond the arc.
  3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

To confirm what Kgreg is saying... this is from Blakely at around 1:30:
    "Nothing is officially done yet, but it looks very much like Dupree will be traded. An announcement should be coming within the next couple of hours. As for Tayshaun, his contract should also be signed and become official within the next couple of hours."

That's why the choice could be in Dupree's hands... we get a garbage player to be released and/or a pick.... or Ronald can just get his outright release... at least we know it most likely Dupree that is the man out (no justice in the league)
  4. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

Merc

That's the way I interpreted "Ron's choice" as well.

And maybe there is justice. I know he doesn't want to be cut, but hopefully he'll find a situation elsewhere where he can get the minutes he deserves.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Ron gone

So long Ron. Try not to dunk on the Pistons while we're paying you.
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Dupree traded to Minnesota for a future second round pick!
  7. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Good luck to Dupree...he's earned a spot on the Wolves. I was at his "breakout" game last year where he was flying all over the place and made the playoff roster. I'd take a guy like him over an unproven youngster any day.
  8. G-man

G-man Starter

Minny

Good. We now officially have some interesting things going down with western conference Minny. having a team that physically close to Detroit that you can work with without being overly threatened is a real convenience.
  9. max

max All-Star

I Don't get it.

Why is everyone seem so surprised by this?

Dupree traded for a 2nd rounder, big shock.

My favorite post was someone hoping the Bulls would not get him.
  10. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Not surprised. We've just kept an eye on this for a while and the answers finally here.
    A 2nd rnd pick. Pretty good for a guy about to be cut. I hope Dupree does well out there.
  11. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

He is a decent player. We just needed someone who would ride the bench well. Dupre deserves playing time, but not with the Piston's.
  12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

The Wolves released Ebi so they could pick up Dupree... McHale said he's been eying Ronald for a while now... they wanted a defensive SF... good fit.
  13. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Dewww-Preeeee!

Happy trails to ya pal. You were a Piston through and through!

I especially liked the slick way Dupree delivered some payback to Dallas for causing Arroyo to get the boot.

Great move all around. Joe kept Dupree away from San Antonio, got a draft choice for a FA find, created some goodwill with Minny, and got Dupree a bigger payday and more playing time. Everybody....and I mean EVERYBODY wins with this one.

Good move Joe!:nod:
  14. max

max All-Star

Well Said

Evans was signed to do his job and clearly was the better player. I was hoping for Dupree to be cut for his own sake. Given than Minni gave up a 2nd rounder for him tells us that there was some demand out there for him. McHale actually gave up a 2nd rounder to insure that no other team would claim Dupree so he should play there.